Perfect World...

dynamite159
dynamite159 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Apparently, people have been really mad about the anniversary pack stuff.

I'm not one of the people who have been working for months in order to get the cool endgame items, so I can't really empathize.

Even though this anniversary item doesn't affect me, I'm still pretty annoyed.

I can't get anything out of this game unless I spend REAL money, which is out of the question, since, to begin with, this game is free to play.

Buying gold ingame is ridiculous, too. I don't want to waste so much time farming.

There's more.

I'm lvl 48.
The game is seriously really repetitive with all these quests asking for the same things.
I'm REALLY bored.

I'm sure it gets better later with new opportunities and such but I'm just not patient enough.

I'm not quitting though, since this game pays off as a nice way to pass time when I have absolutely nothing to do.
Right now, though....

Anyway, does anybody else feel the same way I do?
Post edited by dynamite159 on

Comments

• Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Apparently, people have been really mad about the anniversary pack stuff.

I'm not one of the people who have been working for months in order to get the cool endgame items, so I can't really empathize.

Even though this anniversary item doesn't affect me, I'm still pretty annoyed.

I can't get anything out of this game unless I spend REAL money, which is out of the question, since, to begin with, this game is free to play.

Buying gold ingame is ridiculous, too. I don't want to waste so much time farming.

There's more.

I'm lvl 48.
    The game is seriously really repetitive with all these quests asking for the same things.
    I'm REALLY bored.

I'm sure it gets better later with new opportunities and such but I'm just not patient enough.

I'm not quitting though, since this game pays off as a nice way to pass time when I have absolutely nothing to do.
    Right now, though....

Anyway, does anybody else feel the same way I do?

Im 47.
    Im not bored.
    This event, imo, is great.
    Buy 1 pack, take a risk. I did and got the Flyer from my first pack. 17m+ Profit, ftw?
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    All pack discussions in here plox: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=406242&page=168

>.> Still no MOD...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • IcyEyes - Sanctuary
    IcyEyes - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yes the game is repetitive... And it does seem like you end up killing mobs that look the same just a higher lvl and bigger.

But the part I get out of it. Is the socialization with others. It maybe just because my faction is WonderfuL! we love play and just have a good time.

That's the part I'm addicted to. And it's a game after all it's suppose to be fun :)

that's my feelings on it.

Except with this new patch it's not being so much fun. It's actually becoming annoying. i was dc'd like 5 times in a half an hour. That's the part that is getting annoying to me.
  • dynamite159
    edited September 2009
    Mine still won't update =P
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I feel ya... somewhat. Except that at my level, most of my friends who kept playing PW are highly competitive, even though I'm not. In other words, they're leaving in doves. I play the game for the people, so it all depends on how many ends up quitting. There are still enough remaining at the moment for me to stay though. Hopefully, this quitting is only a single wave, instead of an initial wave.

Those CSers with their new-found power, are, in general, not nice people. They have way too much ego and are too immature. It would be hard making friends with them. I want my old friends back.b:surrender
  • dynamite159
    edited September 2009
    I feel ya... somewhat. Except that at my level, most of my friends who kept playing PW are highly competitive, even though I'm not. In other words, they're leaving in doves. I play the game for the people, so it all depends on how many ends up quitting. There are still enough remaining at the moment for me to stay though. Hopefully, this quitting is only a single wave, instead of an initial wave.

Those CSers with their new-found power, are, in general, not nice people. They have way too much ego and are too immature. It would be hard making friends with them. I want my old friends back.b:surrender
    CSers?
    Crazy stones?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im 47.
    Im not bored.
    This event, imo, is great.
    Buy 1 pack, take a risk. I did and got the Flyer from my first pack. 17m+ Profit, ftw?

I've known people who've opened 70+ and got only tokens. Bet you wouldn't be saying the event is great if that was you. b:laugh You got lucky, so that makes 1.5m charms, endless duke spam and rare hard-to-get items being made a joke of, great?
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I've known people who've opened 70+ and got only tokens. Bet you wouldn't be saying the event is great if that was you. b:laugh You got lucky, so that makes 1.5m charms, endless duke spam and rare hard-to-get items being made a joke of, great?

I have had that happen too.
    I figured, "Hey what the hell. I got lucky once sooo." and spent my remaining 5m on packs. 1 Plat MP and tokens of luck was all I got.
  • dynamite159
    edited September 2009
    So I've been out of things lately, and I just want to know...
    What exactly DOES this anniversary pack give you?
    What's making everyone so mad?

I'm not really going through the trouble of reading the thread about the whole update, so...
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

I'm not really going through the trouble of reading the thread about the whole update, so...

It can give you anything from a token (15-20k each) to a scroll of tome (60m+).
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Positive things coming out of this event:

Price on Apoc. pages fell like a rock.... 40k for a page?
    Price on ultimate sub went down... 50k for a sub?
    Price on Do-alls went down.... 50k for a do-all card?
    Price on Flawless gems went down... 250k for a flawless citrine?
  • dynamite159
    edited September 2009
    nimh88 wrote: »
    Positive things coming out of this event:

Price on Apoc. pages fell like a rock.... 40k for a page?
    Price on ultimate sub went down... 50k for a sub?
    Price on Do-alls went down.... 50k for a do-all card?
    Price on Flawless gems went down... 250k for a flawless citrine?
    Unfortunately, people are quitting and going to some other game or something.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Basically, it allows CSers (CashShoppers) to buy with real money the same gear that high level players spent a year or more to accumulate. Those goal-oriented, competitive high level players felt there's no more thrill to it since anyone can just spend money and buy high level gear.

There's also no more reason to run high lvl instances (Frost, Lunar), since it's easier to just buy packs. Without those, there isn't much to do at endgame pve. People will leave when there's nothing left to do.
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Basically, it allows CSers (CashShoppers) to buy with real money the same gear that high level players spent a year or more to accumulate. Those goal-oriented, competitive high level players felt there's no more thrill to it since anyone can just spend money and buy high level gear.

There's also no more reason to run high lvl instances (Frost, Lunar), since it's easier to just buy packs. Without those, there isn't much to do at endgame pve. People will leave when there's nothing left to do.

Thats true, to an extent.
    Considering the .001% of Lunar dropping from a pack, and that packs are only up til next maint (i hope) it isnt as bad as everyone seems to making it be.
  • dynamite159
    edited September 2009

That's pretty upsetting...
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm lvl 48.
    I'm REALLY bored.

Welcome to the world of MMO's. I've yet to encounter one that doesn't boil down to the following formula, kill monsters to level up, so that you can buy and use more powerful weapons and armour, so that you can kill stronger monsters, so that you can level up, etc. in a loop that continues repeating until you reach the level cap and have equipped the absolute best equipment you can get. Then you just kill time waiting on them to release better equipment and raise the level cap so you can continue the cycle.

The problem with this theory is that the packs are temporary. Anyone who doesn't get whatever they want from the packs before this month is over will have to do it the old fashioned way.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009

lets face it pple rather just sit on their **** and play a game for a year instead of going out and working for a month to buy zhen. And even IF they worked got money to buy zhen, those are the players who on average decided that spending real money wasnt worth it in the game. All they put in is free playing time and still want % of gain on par with others who put in their real money. QQ extreme. Buying more does not = more rare items. I got 450 packs and got a whopping 5 duke announcements. I aint complaining, it was a gamble and this game events are prety much built on that. Its part of the fun.

This ends Oct1st MORE than enough time for pple to farm money starting now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    jokerxdude wrote: »

Come on, work with me here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lets face it pple rather just sit on their **** and play a game for a year instead of going out and working for a month to buy zhen. And even IF they worked got money to buy zhen, those are the players who on average decided that spending real money wasnt worth it in the game. All they put in is free playing time and still want % of gain on par with others who put in their real money. QQ extreme. Buying more does not = more rare items. I got 450 packs and got a whopping 5 duke announcements. I aint complaining, it was a gamble and this game events are prety much built on that. Its part of the fun.

This ends Oct1st MORE than enough time for pple to farm money starting now.
    if the game and the community don't care about F2P players then why is this a F2P in the first place ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruax - Heavens Tear
    Ruax - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Basically the patch allows every player who buys gold wether from charging it or by AH the chance to get a Cash shop based OPed weapon that before only veno's could get.

Ie: Poor cash shop nix might get 1 hit by cash shop weapon..

and there's me wondering why so many veno's are up in arms b:laugh
    edited September 2009
    if the game and the community don't care about F2P players then why is this a F2P in the first place ?

The fact that you're allowed to play for free indefinitely shows that they care about the free players, and the fact that you're able to buy items from the boutique without ever having to pay for one single Zen from your real wallet. They could just as easily have made both gold and boutique items untradable, or have decided to say sure you can play for free, but you can only reach level 20 if you do, you want to go higher than that you have to pay up like some games I've encountered. But no, you can actually play Perfect World completely free.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009

The problem with this theory is that the packs are temporary. Anyone who doesn't get whatever they want from the packs before this month is over will have to do it the old fashioned way.

You mean temporary as in high gold prices are just temporary and the GMs are working on it temporary? Any CSer willing to spend enough money will have whatever they want long before the month is up. You are either one of them, will try to get on their good side or get pwned by them. Wanna pvp? Perhaps TW? Or you'll just ignore them "have fun" and either spend $50-$100 US a month or grind 4-6 hours a day just to get what you used to have for charging $10-$20 or grinding 1-2 hours? Or quite simply your awesome uberness will keep your gameplay absolutely untouched and unchanged?
    edited September 2009
    This event is about luck. you can buy 1000 packs a still end up with only plat. charms and less than 10 best tokens. you make it sound like buying these will insure you will get the uber gears
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited September 2009
    The fact that you're allowed to play for free indefinitely shows that they care about the free players, and the fact that you're able to buy items from the boutique without ever having to pay for one single Zen from your real wallet. They could just as easily have made both gold and boutique items untradable, or have decided to say sure you can play for free, but you can only reach level 20 if you do, you want to go higher than that you have to pay up like some games I've encountered. But no, you can actually play Perfect World completely free.
    oh c'mon, u made in-game profit out of us and u use ur cash shop advantages to 1hit us and trashtalk right after (pvp servers or tw)
    This event is about luck. you can buy 1000 packs a still end up with only plat. charms and less than 10 best tokens. you make it sound like buying these will insure you will get the uber gears
    did u see the duke shoutings ?

there ya go <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    You mean temporary as in high gold prices are just temporary and the GMs are working on it temporary? Any CSer willing to spend enough money will have whatever they want long before the month is up. You are either one of them, will try to get on their good side or get pwned by them. Wanna pvp? Perhaps TW? Or you'll just ignore them "have fun" and either spend $50-$100 US a month or grind 4-6 hours a day just to get what you used to have for charging $10-$20 or grinding 1-2 hours? Or quite simply your awesome uberness will keep your gameplay absolutely untouched and unchanged?

Judging from my server, it's pretty safe to say that yes, my gaming experience will be left untouched by the packs. If someone is willing to pay up a hundred dollars a month for Perfect World they have my sincerest gratitude, somebody has to foot the bill so we freeloaders can continue freeloading.
    edited September 2009
    oh c'mon, u made in-game profit out of us and u use ur cash shop advantages to 1hit us and trashtalk right after (pvp servers or tw)

did u see the duke shoutings ?

there ya go <_<
    yes and a friend that got only 50 packs got more than i did. Did u read my post on how much i bought? Or did your eyes skim through that.
    edited September 2009

I'm sorry, but could you kindly repeat that in plain English? I can't make heads or tails of the cipher you're using.
    edited September 2009
    yes and a friend that got only 50 packs got more than i did. Did u read my post on how much i bought? Or did your eyes skim through that.
    ToS is sadly stopping me from telling u what do I think about the amount of dollars u used
    I'm sorry, but could you kindly repeat that in plain English? I can't make heads or tails of the cipher you're using.
    U
    MADE
    PROFIT
    OUT
    OF
    US

we are the ones who u have to buy from for easy ingame items (so u don't have to farm) and things like that... not that u require it much now with the new packs

troll moar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Repeat thread is repeat. There's a 1,600 reply thread re-iterating the sentiments in this thread, so please contain such discussion in it.
This discussion has been closed.