Fraudulant statements

Options
Madijon - Lost City
Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Ok this annoys me.... I set up shop overnight and while I am work, I always set my shop name to the BIG priced items that I am buying or selling, but when I run out I always get pms in my shop msq window about me beign a fraud and a scam... for example last night I set up selling hay, wedding dresses, pigments and equipment/buying flawless citrine shards... I set my name at Dress Hay/Buying... When I got home from work this afternoon (afk all night and day) I had 3 msgs stating that I was liar i was not buying. Lol I can't help I bought all that I had set it for!! I had the same thing with do all cards two nights ago. And the week before I set up with a black duke rose top, and a dark purple duke rose top- set title as BlK FASH... the black sold first so I got pms about scammign ppl into thinking the purple was black.

Ultimately the question is why do ppl not think about the possiblity that I have been in shop for a while? Why are we so quick to assume ppl are scammign instead of givign them the benefit of the doubt?
Post edited by Madijon - Lost City on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Don't worry too much if your intentions were good, we look into these sorts of things very carefully before taking action
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    people are just jerks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    People like to just plain fail when they're anonymous. I usually assume the player just sold out or got their item...

I don't see how anyone would assume you were scamming unless you advertise an item but had another with the same icon similar to the Apothecary potion and Ultimate Substances.

Unfortunately I notice that PWI (and i'm sure many F2P games) have a lot of players who are just downright rude or ignorant.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dont feel bad, I get stupid messages left on my kitty shop too because ppl are RTarded and dont have a clue about faction mat drop off point is.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately I notice that PWI (and i'm sure many F2P games) have a lot of players who are just downright rude or ignorant.

QFT. And just ignore the morons and life moves on. Now if you later see them slandering you on WC or something then say something, not something rude, just something...
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • dandanxp
    dandanxp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Keep in mind you have a bunch of 15-year-olds running around on PWI. And if you're selling things you can buy from the boutique, you're prospective buyers are more likely to be in the teen age range since, regardless of whether or not they would have been willing to spend real money on it, not having a credit card or a job pretty much makes that decision for them. So anytime someone says something apparently without thinking, just remember it's probably some kid who's much more likely to assume the first explanation they can come up with for something is true than a twenty-something+ would. b:tired
  • Objection - Harshlands
    Objection - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    dandanxp wrote: »
    Keep in mind you have a bunch of 15-year-olds running around on PWI. And if you're selling things you can buy from the boutique, you're prospective buyers are more likely to be in the teen age range since, regardless of whether or not they would have been willing to spend real money on it, not having a credit card or a job pretty much makes that decision for them. So anytime someone says something apparently without thinking, just remember it's probably some kid who's much more likely to assume the first explanation they can come up with for something is true than a twenty-something+ would. b:tired

Don't knock us fifteenyear-olds b:angry
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the support... lol sometimes I just getting realing aggrivated at the stupidity of people... especially when my intentions were good.
  • dandanxp
    dandanxp Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It's nothing personal. I'm just addressing the statistical reality. Some 20-somethings don't think very logically and some 12-year-olds are very logical, but given a random teen and a random twenty-something, who are you putting your money on to be the one of the two who jumps to conclusions? I only made statements about likeliness. That doesn't mean that I think all teens are foolish. I'd like to believe I wasn't when I was a teen.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Oh no! Teens!

run...
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala