Tanker isn't strong enough?

bettycheng2
bettycheng2 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Barbarian
Does PWI make this game not really soloable? I meant for the FB and bosses.
I play this game on my own, and if possible, i will not party up. This is the reason I made a tanker barb
He's lvl 36 now and have enough str & dex for Rank1 purp armors, and using lvl 20 supply stash hammer.rest of points goes into Vit.

I just tried FB19 at lvl 36, thought it would be soloable since I'm a tanker with 3.5k health. But then I realize I can tank about 2 mobs, if there are more the perfect health pot will not heal fast enough and I will end up dying. The thing is it's hard not to trigger more than 1 mob inside (so crowded).

So I was wondering if I should just skip the FBs? or just wait till like i'm lvl 60 to do those Hero/Challenge/FB quests?

P.S. Don't tell me to get a high lvl to do this, or party up. Of course I know that will accomplish the quest, but that isn't something done on my own. I also have a lvl 58 archer, but stopped playing since I can't kill those 3 cultivation lvl 49 bosses. So I was thinking to make a barb so he can tank those bosses while I use my other computer to let the archer do the dmg. Sorry I try not to party up or join a guild, I do all things on my own.
Post edited by bettycheng2 on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is an MMORPG. Massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Please note the MULTIPLAYER, and ONLINE. This game is built around squads and other players. If you do not like squading to accomplish a task, this game (like other online games) is not suited for you.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you want solo Fbs and stuff, a veno is more suitable for that since you have a pet as tanker/dd and the veno as healer/dd.

A barb alone only has half the equation, the tanker. The absolute minimum for a party for dungeons is a tanker + cleric though more dd would greatly reduce the time needed.

Even then, Fbs aren't really designed to be solo'ed until you're significantly higher, something like 20+ levels and probably more depending on class and even then, the boss may be very difficult to kill alone.

Have you tried using Life Powder (boosts hp regen by 50 per second or the level 30 version of this that boosts hp regen by 100 per second)?
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Atalan - Sanctuary
    Atalan - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Im just telling you now, Squadding is an ESSENTIAL part of PWI. Without it, you'll be reduced to hours upon countless hours of mindless grinding, and thats never any fun.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The biggest problem that you'll face, especially as a "solo" barb is that even if you CAN tank an FB boss, you most certainly won't be able to deal noticeable damage to that boss. You might burn through 40-50 pots, or an entire charm before you actually kill the boss.

I have to agree with the poster that said if you don't feel like squadding, this might not be your game. Most of the time I grind alone, but I love to have a cleric and/or a DD in my squad; it makes exp go quicker and it's more fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Wazoo - Heavens Tear
    Wazoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes it is better for a barb to be squaded in fb's with a squad because you can get through it faster and its easier. Mobs inside an fb are different than the ones outside. The mobs inside the fb are elite mobs which means their stronger.
  • IAttack - Heavens Tear
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I play MMORPG's like a fail because i dont understand what MMO means.

I am surprised you got any constructive feedback. The way you posted makes it look like you have an incredible amount of disdain for any/all pwi players. why you would come here asking for our help while refusing to take our help in game is beyond me. please go back to sitting by yourself, associating with no one, and playing two accounts at once just to die repeatedly. thanks.
  • bettycheng2
    bettycheng2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wow.. thanks for the positive reply and hell with the negative ones..

It's just my playing style and what is wrong with that? I appreciated Iceknave's suggestion very much. At least I know that would be the direction I should head for, making a Veno instead.

I think I should just stated more clear.. I know the difference between MMO and single player games. I just like to do things myself, but if there are player who needed help, I will be glad to party up to help him/her. BUT, for myself, I wanted to do them myself, I have my own pride, quest/bosses killed by myself is what i'm proud of. I will feel weak if I have to rely on others to do them for me. Therefore I wouldn't be saying "Plz i need help with Dismal Shade" etc. I figure ways to kill him, or wait till I'm higher.

I don't know why this offend other players? I just like to be alone most of time, even in this fantasy world of many people.

Past games I played Atlantica, Silkroad, Rohan etc, and always guild leader (even nation leader of 10 guilds for Atlantica). Why? because I help all my guild/nation mates, and organizing own fun events for them. BUT when comes to my own task/quests, I DO THEM myself. That's just the way i am.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009

It's just my playing style and what is wrong with that? I appreciated Iceknave's suggestion very much. At least I know that would be the direction I should head for, making a Veno instead.

I think I should just stated more clear.. I know the difference between MMO and single player games. I just like to do things myself, but if there are player who needed help, I will be glad to party up to help him/her. BUT, for myself, I wanted to do them myself, I have my own pride, quest/bosses killed by myself is what i'm proud of. I will feel weak if I have to rely on others to do them for me. Therefore I wouldn't be saying "Plz i need help with Dismal Shade" etc. I figure ways to kill him, or wait till I'm higher.

I don't know why this offend other players? I just like to be alone most of time, even in this fantasy world of many people.

Past games I played Atlantica, Silkroad, Rohan etc, and always guild leader (even nation leader of 10 guilds for Atlantica). Why? because I help all my guild/nation mates, and organizing own fun events for them. BUT when comes to my own task/quests, I DO THEM myself. That's just the way i am.

Feeling weak is not the issue. The purpose of the game is for communication and meeting/gaming with new people.

Also, have fun soloing Jewel, Eyes, fb69, etc. Tasks that were meant for a squad.

PS. Mentioning other mmos here is against the Terms of Service (located near that bottom and during registration). I would edit those names out if I were you.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver
    WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009

All I can say here is "have fun getting to around level 65 and needing to kill Mantavip. BUT.. if you wanna "solo" the whole game (or at least most of it) make a venomancer - or if you are gonna play on two PC's with two accounts - make the second toon a cleric (same basic equation) and just put a buttload of MP charms on your cleric in order to place a weight on the heal skill button - Iron heart blessing will be your best friend to keep your barb alive through those FB bosses. Of course - later on down the road (like fb69) the bosses have massive aoe skills that will one hit your cleric. Also.. doing a TT run for your quests is not possible without at least 4 players. And nevermind trying to "solo" a squad mode boss like that - you'll likely break every piece of gear you own before the run is up.

The classes are designed with their own roles to play such that no class can truly solo the whole game and all its quests. The game is designed to be played in squads.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sure, np. I play in a similar style, only joining squads primarily for dungeons and for bosses that I can't kill at my level. I normally don't join squads killing non-elites non-bosses for other quests because I get so screwed in drops (feels like I kill 5x times as many monsters as some of my squadmates, but get only 1/5 the drops when it's set on random, which sucks for my coin income, sometimes over 3 to 4 of my kills, 3 dq items drop, none of which end up going to me and it's like ...).
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just grind
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala