Dragon Bane

SultryShade - Dreamweaver
SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
The level 79 skill Dragon Bane, I looked at it's description on ecatomb and it looks incredibly pointless, give up half your damage for a 25% higher chance to do double damage? Seems rather contradictory to me. So my question is, is the ecatomb description right? If so whats the point to this stupid skill?
I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
Post edited by SultryShade - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Objection - Harshlands
    Objection - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Combo with anti-de-stat skills?

Other than that, not sure b:shocked
  • Yoyomeng - Lost City
    Yoyomeng - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The description is right; if you double or triple spark with it, it will cut out the damage reduction. Which makes it not as pointless as you may think.
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Basically the point of this skill is to make your triple spark eruption even more dangerous/be used with apoth purify items. The duration on this skill is 30 seconds, giving you an enormous amount of time to gain chi/etc other things while you wait to combine it with something.

Triple spark already adds 500% weapon damage, add 25% crit on top of that and your talking pain dishing time. With decent dex/gear you can easily have crit rate of 30-40% of higher. Pending you can keep your enemy in place for that period of time they will probably be destroyed (genie crit = your crit rate...so thunderstorm also has this huge chance to crit), and if you can pump up enough chi for a heavens flame in there...yeah its painful.

I can also see this skill working well with a cleric who knows what it looks like so they can purify you.
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Alrighty, well that all sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out...sadly that means I need to get all 3 of my 79 skills which is like 60 apo pages, though with this crazy sale thing that shouldn't cost too much, the ink will proly cost more come to think of it...

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • AyaBrea - Harshlands
    AyaBrea - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i have this skill...mainly used for quick kills using ts/explosion genie + apoc pots
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    My only problem with DB and BT are their cooldown, though I can understand BT's 2 min cooldown, it appears to do a very nice amount of damage for only one spark.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2 Spark pot, full chi with 89 culti done. Means 599 chi, at any point using a sutra will give a total of 6 sparks. So,

Demon Spark, Heaven's Flame, Bolt of Tyrseus. Genie can be used for debuff and damage amps. Enjoy :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Only problem here is someone stunlocking you (or sleep or paralyze) when you spark.
    But there is a solution to that:

Dragon Bane > wait for spark to build (or pot) > spark eruption (or double spark if you 89) > Will of Bodhisatva
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2 Spark pot, full chi with 89 culti done. Means 599 chi, at any point using a sutra will give a total of 6 sparks. So,

Demon Spark, Heaven's Flame, Bolt of Tyrseus. Genie can be used for debuff and damage amps. Enjoy :)

thats a really stupid waste of sparks, and u also cant keep ur enemy in place, no chi for stunlocking

3 sparking as bm is really stupid in most situations even for such a critrate.

its useful with using apo pots for TS kills, maybe worth a shot in TWs with cleric/apo potio, before u kamikaze in groups... so ur dragon-highland-fissure cause more havoc
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dragons Bane is more geared towards PVE, since objects does not move on you, or stun you. Best bet is to Dragons bane, then Sage spark if your sage, then use a move like windshield or Relentless courage to speed you up even more, so you can create massive damage in those 30 seconds you use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I actually think Dragon's Bane is more for PvP. I don't see the point of having extra crits for 30 seconds, at the cost of either an apoth pot or using up all your chi when fighting mobs.
    Apparently only triple spark completely overrides the attack debuff. Double spark leaves the debuff, and though I didn't try I assume single spark does as well.
    However, trying it on a lvl 92 mage with full TT90, one crit after triple spark took off around 8/9 of her hp. One shot if zerked. So a possible combo is (with 3 sparks initially) roar, bane, master li's tech, triple spark, pot, seal (as they will be breaking free soon if not already), second stun (ouch, triple spark drake bash, with high chance crit), then 6 seconds of crit ownage. If that's not enough, chain stun.
    But of course, that's a pretty situational scenario.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    I actually think Dragon's Bane is more for PvP. I don't see the point of having extra crits for 30 seconds, at the cost of either an apoth pot or using up all your chi when fighting mobs.
    Apparently only triple spark completely overrides the attack debuff. Double spark leaves the debuff, and though I didn't try I assume single spark does as well.
    However, trying it on a lvl 92 mage with full TT90, one crit after triple spark took off around 8/9 of her hp. One shot if zerked. So a possible combo is (with 3 sparks initially) roar, bane, master li's tech, triple spark, pot, seal (as they will be breaking free soon if not already), second stun (ouch, triple spark drake bash, with high chance crit), then 6 seconds of crit ownage. If that's not enough, chain stun.
    But of course, that's a pretty situational scenario.

the only hit u could bring in would be with smack, becouse the mage is already shrinked away while u bane, halfspark, triple spark, pot... after that u could'nt rly hit a decent mage in 30 sec if he doesnt wants that. and u r there without a single pieace of chi, or anything u could get chi with
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the only hit u could bring in would be with smack, becouse the mage is already shrinked away while u bane, halfspark, triple spark, pot... after that u could'nt rly hit a decent mage in 30 sec if he doesnt wants that. and u r there without a single pieace of chi, or anything u could get chi with

Bane triggers immediately. It wouldn't take too much time off the stun. There is no "while you bane."
    It IS tricky timing, and probably the mage would be able to blink away after the triple spark, but if you're in an instance sprint will catch up, and I never said it was easy to do.
    An alternate resort would be to chi pot after bane (less time than master li's tech) to have a higher chance to get seal off in time, but then you'd have little chi left after spark.
    And chi pot...I was thinking of two spark chi pot, so you'd still have a decent amount of chi left, for at least one chain stun.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Bane triggers immediately. It wouldn't take too much time off the stun. There is no "while you bane."
    It IS tricky timing, and probably the mage would be able to blink away after the triple spark, but if you're in an instance sprint will catch up, and I never said it was easy to do.
    An alternate resort would be to chi pot after bane (less time than master li's tech) to have a higher chance to get seal off in time, but then you'd have little chi left after spark.
    And chi pot...I was thinking of two spark chi pot, so you'd still have a decent amount of chi left, for at least one chain stun.

i know that bane is instant cast still takes like a second time till u can move on to three spark... if u bane and purify that with apo potion before engaging in combat that sounds fine, but i still dont like ur solution... too risky compared to a simple chainstun, if u can do that the mage will die. if u cant u should still have chi, halfspark, and apo potion, so u can kill him before his shrink reloads.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.