Bounty Hunter quest after the recent patch

Options
Sarugami - Sanctuary
Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
After the recent patch, I can't seem to get 2 BH per day anymore. Before, I just get one BH when new day start and get another one after I wake up (5-6 hrs later). The recent patch made that no longer possible (at least for me). So anyone out there that can still get 2 BH per day anymore? Was the 2 BH per day just a bug that the dev fixed it with this patch? Any helpful comment contribute to this thread would be greatly appreciated!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sarugami - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got 2 stacked BH just fine.

Think you just suck
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol....anyone on this forum that doesn't bash people in every post anymore? or is it full of jerks and whiners? And i'm not talking about stacking it...i'm talking about do 2 of them everyday. Stacking to me mean you didn't do BH on day and keep it till next BH to kill it at same time. Also kindly do not post if you going to post something negative...there are enough threads out there that welcome your kind of postb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikayu - Sanctuary
    Mikayu - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got the same problem since patch, before it, i could do 2 of em daily
    now..just one.
    one at cs start and the second at 1 server time :(
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is because you receive a random boss each 12 hours, and if they give you a boss you already have, you won't get it.
    Belligero
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It is because you receive a random boss each 12 hours, and if they give you a boss you already have, you won't get it.

I know that bell, but it's just weird to me now that since the patch I always get 1 BH (can't be my luck that I get same boss everyday isn't it?b:shocked). Same as my friends who I asked everyday since the patch. Before the patch, I never have any problem getting 2 of it each day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You were lucky before, and now you lost the streak. Who knows, you might get 2 again today.
    Belligero
  • Mikayu - Sanctuary
    Mikayu - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I know that bell, but it's just weird to me now that since the patch I always get 1 BH (can't be my luck that I get same boss everyday isn't it?b:shocked). Same as my friends who I asked everyday since the patch. Before the patch, I never have any problem getting 2 of it each day.

> this

*edit*i even had pyro in my log for days and qianji and brute came as clockwork at cs and 1 servertime :)
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You were lucky before, and now you lost the streak. Who knows, you might get 2 again today.

maybeb:chuckle....I guess it's too soon to say that we can't get 2 bh anymore since the patch haven't been out for more than a week yet. I hope you're right...those bh really help with lvling lol. If any gm can give some insight that would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Yes. I still get on most days (not all) 2BH's (on my main ofc)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It wasnt 12 hours. The server's tracking of the boss change was off from the actual server 'midnight' reset for dailies. The BH boss change came 4 hours after the daily reset time, at 4am server time. The BH still responded to the dailies reset. As such you could get a new one right at dailies reset, however, the boss did not change yet. So the one you get right at reset is identical to the main one of the prior day. If you had not completed it, then you couldnt pick a new one up, as BH only allows stacking of different bosses, but not of the same boss. Then when the BH boss reset time came at 4am, the BH boss would change. If you went up to the NPC it would notice you dont have todays (now new & changed) boss nor have you completed a BH for that boss yet that day, and give you another one.

Because BH checks only if you've done the BH for that boss given to you that day, the fact that its changing of bosses was off by 4 hours caused this glitch of 2 possible BHs per day. They've appareantly re-synced the boss change up with server time dailies reset, and as such you're now limited to the intended 1 per day. However, it is possible it wont last, they fixed it once before... lasted 2 days & was broken again.

Edit: I should say i dont actually know if they've re-synced, i havent verified. The above is just a response to the person wondering why they cant get 2 per day. It might also be that they have the boss already & thereby cant pick up another. But my explanation is about, if 2 can be gotten, why that occurs.

Edit 2: ninja edit (but acknowledging it). Removed an appareantly erronious peice of info about the BH time being global, any posts up till #15 that quoted this, were quoting the slight error in info.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    They've appareantly re-synced the boss change up with server time dailies reset, and as such you're now limited to the intended 1 per day

Not true, As I stated in my last post, I still get mostly 2 a day and this hasnt changed with the patch
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    probably fixed or something.

I used to get one after reset, and the 2nd one next day after coming back from work. If i had a quest BH left on my log and it didnt give me another one, then i know i have double of the same upcoming. After the patch, i finished BHs but it did not give me a 2nd one even when my quest was empty of BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I get 2 a day.
    It wasnt 12 hours. The server's tracking of the boss change was off from the actual server 'midnight' reset for dailies. On west coast servers it was off by 4 hours, on east coast servers it was only off by 1(not personally verified) hour (so globally the BH time was at the exact same moment on all servers

It goes by server time, not one specific time regardless of time zones. 4 hours after a new day on eastern servers as well.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got 2 yesterday, one within the first 4hours after the daily reset and another one after it so it doesn't seem like the patch has done anything yet, most days i get 2, some just 1, pretty random
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I see...thank you for all the input. Guess i'll have to try to get the BH at different times to see if I can get 2 bh again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    It's bugged, i had the same problem before after server restart i wasn't able to pick second BH.
    What you have to do is to do the BH you already have ( so you won't have any BH quests on your list) and then it should come back to normal. Also trashing the quest seems not to fix it, at least it didn't fix it for me.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was having the same prob ^^ But finally got 2 bosses today again. b:victory
  • Zombii - Lost City
    Zombii - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    vbcbcbcgbc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]UNDEAD.TOPDISCUSSION.COM
  • corrupteddreams
    corrupteddreams Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't know what's going on with you people but i'm having troubles with BH. I pick up the one after daily reset and do it pretty much straight away (there's always people looking for squad then). Then i don't get another one till after reset the following day. it's been going on for about a week and i've got no idea.
    posted a ticket but not heard anything back.
    Please people. some advice?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You're not supposed to be able to do two in the same day. The fact that we're able to is because the boss change and server reset aren't synced up, so submitting a ticket won't help you to get two BHs again (and will simply confirm to the devs that whatever fix they applied is working).

As for your not having more than 1 BH lately for over a week, I post this screenshot from yesterday in response:
    77761976.jpg
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im going to bet my gallbladder that someone is going to say inb4lock or neco.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just so you don't lose your gallbladder

NECRO b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Gonna make him lose his gallbladder since he said "or" instead of "and".

inb4lock b:chuckle
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just so you don't lose your gallbladder

NECRO b:chuckle

not really in his 1st statement in making the bet, he already said inb4block
    lol oh btw

NERCO and inb4block hehe
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And that's the last necro of the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.