What zerk tt90 should i get?

Ajay - Dreamweaver
Ajay - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
I have enough chips/mats/coin to get 1 tt90 zerk,

I can not decide between zerk fists, or zerk pole. I have been mainly pole pvp build (210dex currently) bm, will be going demon.

What are the benefits of each?

I think fist may be better in combo with demon spark in taking down meles, and pole for squishes/venos because of the powerful skills.

Of course it depends on build and play style. Let me know what you guys think as this is pretty crucial decision.

On my server there is no one with the zerk pole, and only 1 with fists (he doesnt really play much anymore) so I need input from other players

Remember i am a pvp build, and in a high competitive TW faction (3+ TW's every week)
Post edited by Ajay - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I suggest going with your forte, for peenice it was fists, it sounds like for you it should be spear. Remember too, later you can always get more money and buy the other one, or you can run the TTs and pray for good drops.
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Nuuuuuu you can't get Angder before me! b:cry

I'm surprised that you are not even considering GX tho. My heart tells me Angder but my brain says GX. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    GX or Angder. Berserker fists are fail.

Or none, you can always open some boxes and get CV Spear/Claws.
  • Ajay - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009

thanks for the awesome input... so detailed and descriptive.

Want to explain why zerk fists are fail? or just make bland accusations?

and thanks again for your insight.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    thanks for the awesome input... so detailed and descriptive.

Want to explain why zerk fists are fail? or just make bland accusations?

and thanks again for your insight.

Beserk doubles the damage of a single hit. Fists rely on the number of hits to kill someone, a couple beserk fist hits vs. a beserk pole farstrike or a beserk axe drake bash. I mean beserk fists certainly help dps, but if you think about it beserk becomes less outstanding the faster the weapon is. Having beserk pretty much counts as an extra hit, but think about where it is more effective, when you can get in over 2 hits per second (fists) or where you can get in half a hit every second (using axes/pole with skills). Yes I know beserk will activate more when using fists, but once again the extra damage won't be as significant in the overall damage dealt, and if it activates more you're losing more hp. If you have 10k hp at 90 every beserk hit takes away 500 health, if you activate it even just twice that's 1k hp gone.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Beserk doubles the damage of a single hit. Fists rely on the number of hits to kill someone, a couple beserk fist hits vs. a beserk pole farstrike or a beserk axe drake bash. I mean beserk fists certainly help dps, but if you think about it beserk becomes less outstanding the faster the weapon is. Having beserk pretty much counts as an extra hit, but think about where it is more effective, when you can get in over 2 hits per second (fists) or where you can get in half a hit every second (using axes/pole with skills). Yes I know beserk will activate more when using fists, but once again the extra damage won't be as significant in the overall damage dealt, and if it activates more you're losing more hp. If you have 10k hp at 90 every beserk hit takes away 500 health, if you activate it even just twice that's 1k hp gone.

yeah but here is the thing what fist bm is gonna have 10k hp at lvl 90? im lvl 87 and i only have like 6k buffed and thats cause i am fist/axe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yeah but here is the thing what fist bm is gonna have 10k hp at lvl 90? im lvl 87 and i only have like 6k buffed and thats cause i am fist/axe

With the current anniversary packs out it shouldn't be too bad to get 10k hp buffed. I'm fist/axe hybrid and my gear is average and I have 7.5k hp buffed, getting all immaculate citrines and +5 on 90 gear is much cheaper now. Either way if a fist bm only has 8k hp, 5% is still 400 health lost per hit. And the health loss isn't the only reason that beserk on fists is not ideal, it's just one of the downsides
  • Ajay - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009

Got dance of the universe for cheap, so going with the zerk fists.
  • AyaBrea - Harshlands
    AyaBrea - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It doesnt matter if you have 10k hp or 6k hp, you are still losing 5% hp with zerk. That means if you have 10k hp, youll lose 10k hp in 20zerks, if you have 6k hp, youll lose 6k hp in 20 zerks Fist bms like to use atk speed enhancing gear, and with the super speeds that fists can reach, zerk would end up killing your charm. the 95 fist ( Cube) doesnt seem bad though. Dance of Universe + Cube = gg
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Zerk fists are pretty bad if you plan on getting and staying with TT99 armor.

Zerk has an unofficial proc of 20% to hit, so you deal 20% more damage at the cost of 5% health.

Now with a set of -.1 interval fists, and TT99 Heavy/Light armor mix for the -.2 interval on both sets, you end up with:

2 atk speed with berserk fists
    2.5 atk speed with -.1 interval fists

Not counting any other speed boosts, that would actually help the interval fists even more, you end up with interval fists doing a guaranteed damage boost of 25% at the cost of no health. Add in the fact that Zerk fists are only grade 11, compared to grade 13 on Deicides. So each refinement level makes the damage even greater comparative to the Zerk fists.

Finally, you get more chi with your interval fists, finishing the whole thing as making the interval reduction fists over-all superior in every way to the Zerkers. So no, it's not worth losing 5% health on a proc that is chancey, for a set of fists that will end up dealing only 75% or less of the damage of Lunar claws, seeing as Deicides will be dealing 30%+ more damage with speed boosts and refinement near end game.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited September 2009
    Zerk fists are pretty bad if you plan on getting and staying with TT99 armor.

Zerk has an unofficial proc of 20% to hit, so you deal 20% more damage at the cost of 5% health.

Now with a set of -.1 interval fists, and TT99 Heavy/Light armor mix for the -.2 interval on both sets, you end up with:

2 atk speed with berserk fists
    2.5 atk speed with -.1 interval fists

Not counting any other speed boosts, that would actually help the interval fists even more, you end up with interval fists doing a guaranteed damage boost of 25% at the cost of no health. Add in the fact that Zerk fists are only grade 11, compared to grade 13 on Deicides. So each refinement level makes the damage even greater comparative to the Zerk fists.

Finally, you get more chi with your interval fists, finishing the whole thing as making the interval reduction fists over-all superior in every way to the Zerkers. So no, it's not worth losing 5% health on a proc that is chancey, for a set of fists that will end up dealing only 75% or less of the damage of Lunar claws, seeing as Deicides will be dealing 30%+ more damage with speed boosts and refinement near end game.

I see a very valid point here, but the real question is, which is better? Deicide or Cube? I know which looks cooler XD I've always loved glowing fists of doom over the look of claws of ripping and tearing, but thats just me XD

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009

I hope... you are kidding... WTF!!! b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I see a very valid point here, but the real question is, which is better? Deicide or Cube? I know which looks cooler XD I've always loved glowing fists of doom over the look of claws of ripping and tearing, but thats just me XD

Truthfully, it depends on how much you plan on PvP'ing. For general PvE, Deicide will be much better because of its -interval. Also, getting the proc on its max health reduct pretty much allows you to go solo farming on bosses faster, also allows for group formations without archers if need be. As quoted above, it does all that extra attack speed, chi, blah blah.

For Cube, used in pvp the way fists are just normal attack anyways, all you need is the genie to remove its negative effect. You get an attack buff, but it will not be that high and will not stack with others. At best it will acts as a -.05 interval to add to your others. Also, using that genie skill disallows the energy Deicide can allocate towards assisting its own damage.

When comparing all -interval gear however, it is always based on what other such gear you have. I will be using boots and wrists of LA TT99, and HA chest and Leggings of HA TT99. This gets -.2 interval total, but disallows me from ever improving the armor beyond that without taking a hit. And I would love to use the heavenrage boots, but it would end up gimping me without swapping around and taking up the belt slot for protection.

So with low interval, Cube will beat out Deicides as long as they proc during the fight. Deicide will beat cube the more -interval you possess. Having -.1 wrists, -.2 from TT99, and a tome and cloak for -.1 interval would be 3.33 attacks per second. Add in Relentless for a hopefully -.1 interval effect at that high a range, and it would jump to 5. And Cube would be 3.33, meaning Deicide would have 50% more attacks off of just that -.1. And since Cube won't already be under effect when you start your attack, and even using axe stun chain, you can't guarantee when or if Cube hits.

All this is so far conjecture, as there has been some remarks of a possible ceiling on -interval allowed. Until I reach 99, can't say for sure just what that limit is, or whether it exists. Obviously if it does, it can easily change around which is better.

PS Anyone know how to get your avatar in posts to lvl up? My avatar at the top of the page has been above 77 for weeks, still hasn't changed after swapping it between my various icons.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited September 2009
    Interesting stuff to be sure, and really, who wouldn't wanna attack that fast? I think I'll get a deicide if I get lucky this afternoon after I get paid. Then comes the issue of me actually getting to 95 to use the weapon, and then 99 for the TT gear...

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • adrolicus
    adrolicus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Lyndura has ALWAYS been biased against fists, so ignore that comment. I wish he could fight Peenice, then he would see how "fail" berserk fists are.

As for the berserk vs. deicide debate, unless u can actually GET the -interval cape and tome I would say the potential spike damage from berserk outweighs deicide for PVP. And lets face it, once you're 95 and able to use deicide why would u STILL be PVE only?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009

extreme fail

adrolicus wrote: »
    As for the berserk vs. deicide debate, unless u can actually GET the -interval cape and tome I would say the potential spike damage from berserk outweighs deicide for PVP.

2X damage of small value = not much difference. 5% health loss each zerk tick will **** charms, or just kill you if you're uncharmed.

If you've ever had XS or watched someone using them, you can see their health just drain away. You may very well lose health faster with damage taken + 5% reduction than potion cooldown will allow for.

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have enough chips/mats/coin to get 1 tt90 zerk,

I can not decide between zerk fists, or zerk pole. I have been mainly pole pvp build (210dex currently) bm, will be going demon.

What are the benefits of each?

I think fist may be better in combo with demon spark in taking down meles, and pole for squishes/venos because of the powerful skills.

Of course it depends on build and play style. Let me know what you guys think as this is pretty crucial decision.

On my server there is no one with the zerk pole, and only 1 with fists (he doesnt really play much anymore) so I need input from other players

Remember i am a pvp build, and in a high competitive TW faction (3+ TW's every week)

from thse angder. i personally will get GX and make the lvl93 OHT spears till i get a decent one o.O
    extreme fail

2X damage of small value = not much difference. 5% health loss each zerk tick will **** charms, or just kill you if you're uncharmed.

If you've ever had XS or watched someone using them, you can see their health just drain away. You may very well lose health faster with damage taken + 5% reduction than potion cooldown will allow for.

true. if u wanna pvp with fists than - interwal is the way to go.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.