Factions- Give me your opinion.

roseandra
roseandra Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Tideswell (East)
Hi peoples b:bye
I've been through the section of the forum for the "Faction Adverts" I see that there are some really good ones out there, However, I am running into some issues in choosing a Faction to apply to.
1. I am new to PWI
2. Currently I'm only lvl 14
3. Having a very hard time finding a fun/mature ratio that I personally can deal with.

Although I'm new to PWI I am not new to MMORPG's and I totally understand the bias toward lvl when accepting new members to your factions I've ran a few factions/guilds myself and the million questions headache is no stranger to me. I'd love to know if there are any factions that don't sacrifice fun over honor but keep it tasteful. It would be nice to find some fairly known, regular players who are helpful. No one likes a graveyard faction! Any advice, referal, or general info would be very appreciated! Thx-Red A.K.A aurarose (Dreamweaver PvE)
Post edited by roseandra on

Comments

• captainetin
    captainetin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to join you on this one. I'm not a noob to MMORPG however only have about three months WOW experience. I've joined PWI because I didnt want the subscription fee.
    I'll only be online about 10 hours a week, and am at the very start of my PWI career (it finished downloading whilst I slept last night) as a Venos. I'd love to join a friendly, honest faction, and any advice so I don't spend the next few months Faction hoping would be really great!b:victory

Cheers, and sorry to jump in on your question Aurarose b:surrender

CaptainEtin
  • Quiggels - Lost City
    Quiggels - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Dreamweaver & Harshlands are the youngest servers in PWI, even so you'll still see many world chats recruiting lv 15+

Once you reach lv 30-40+, you'll start getting many random faction invites.

There are no time penalties to join another faction after leaving or being kicked from a faction, other than possibly being known as a guild hopper.

Consider starting your own faction, one with like minded players. If leading isn't your boat, it would help some to edit your avatar & post your introduction in the Guild Banter section.

hope this helps b:bye
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I started a faction just to end the random faction invite spam. It made playing much less stressful.
  • SultryShade - Dreamweaver
    SultryShade - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Once you reach lv 30-40+, you'll start getting many random faction invites.

This is true unless you're like me and make lots of enemies ^^ Though I still get my fair share of random invites b:angry
    I will not hesitate to beat you over the head with your own stupidity.

Yes I am a hypocrite.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    for any of you interested NoLimits is a lvl 3 faction with fun/mature members, all we ask of our members is to help when you can and to respect others. lots of help available. msg me or send me a mail in game and i will send you an invite if you are interested
  • MissPsyched - Dreamweaver
    MissPsyched - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Consider starting your own faction, one with like minded players. If leading isn't your boat, it would help some to edit your avatar & post your introduction in the Guild Banter section.

This would probably deprive them from learning how to play. Having some higher and experienced players in guild will help them clear bosses, do FB's, learn by reading convos about topics. etc. Even a band of similar levels won't always be enough to tackle FB's or bosses. One of PW's flaws imo.
  • Cenminator - Dreamweaver
    Cenminator - Dreamweaver Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This would probably deprive them from learning how to play. Having some higher and experienced players in guild will help them clear bosses, do FB's, learn by reading convos about topics. etc. Even a band of similar levels won't always be enough to tackle FB's or bosses. One of PW's flaws imo.

"every" fb can be done by a full squad of players at the level of the fb. higher levels make it easier but not all of us had high levels when we went through our fb's, my 29 squad had 3 players lvl 25-28 and none higher then me at 31
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is just my own opinion, but I think it's more important to cultivate a good list of friends than join a faction.

In all the time that I've been playing, the people on my friends list have been much more reliable than people in my faction. This is not because my current or past factions have been bad. It's just that I (and most people) are probably more selective about who they invite onto their friends list than who gets invited to their faction. Most factions will take anyone above a certain level and keep them as long as they are active. And people in factions will come and go. But your friends list stays the same even as you change to different factions.

So my suggestion is to start inviting good people to join your friend list. Then give them a shout once in a while. In other words, don't just pm them when you need help. Some days, just ask them how their day is going. Then, offer to help them out once in a while. Just treat them like a real friend and you'll be surprised how much more reliable they will be than your faction.

Then, if you have good friends who appear to like their faction a lot, you can try out their faction.

good luck.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    <
    is a faction hopper

jk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint