Demon/Sage

2»

Comments

• Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You're still as good a healer if you go demon vs sage.
    You just get different bonuses.. but you still have all the skills you had before.
  • Sesuna - Sanctuary
    Sesuna - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Let me guess... the non-chi purify and the razor with shorter cd are the main reasons for you. :)

b:laugh lolwut
    it's all about plume shot, cyclone, thunder, stream of revu, metal mastery, spirit gift(when you dont have spark),
  • Sesuna - Sanctuary
    Sesuna - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I chose sage for my cleric, mainly for the extra damage on plume shot, as its one of the skills I use the most
    (darn increase magic resist mobs b:chuckle) and for the extra magick attack metal mastery offers (vs. the 2% crit demon version).
    The extra healing on Ironheart is also very nice and not to forget our 2 AoE spells
    Siren's Kiss (25% chance to cast without using a spark) &
    Tempest (50% chance of casting with only 1 spark ! )

Both sides have excellent bonuses, but we can only choose one.

pfft since when sage ep run out of chi ... or dont have chi
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    pfft since when sage ep run out of chi ... or dont have chi

Never....... ever b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Is it just me or are a lot of clerics on Sanct Sage? I think I only seen 1 demon so far in game :/
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why do people under 89 Insist on commenting on what is better? I hope you realise both sides have thier perks and for Clerics there is no definative 'Better' choice. I happen to know effective Demon and Sage clerics.

As for myself I choose Demon, mainly because the level 99 Skills appealed more to me - Hell Stream of Rejuvination and Hell Wield Thunder are two of the best skills in the game.

Anyway, most of you brainless people will now flame this thread with -

"My opinion is more valid thatn yours QQQQ 'I iz lvl 26 clerac and i noz bout by clarss and how 2 us muh skittlez coractly! I ful atak clarac! pume sh0t ftwinz!!11!!ONE11'"

Go die in a fire.

...I don't agree with the choice of wording, but I agree with the underlying statement. b:shocked

Both sides have balanced strengths, with the only real 'weakness' being that you've finally reached a definitive 'point of no return' in your clerical career. And really...if you stay true to the way you've been playing all along, then all you're doing is continuing down the path you've chosen for yourself. You're simply refining your craft and playstyle further.

Sage generally promotes a more passive, conservative style of play with a higher focus on consistant bonuses and personal survivability. Looking over the skills, it's a more relaxed, conservative approach to combat, utilizing range, wider area of effect, and longer effect durations to smoothly progress through each encounter.

Demons are more...'active'...for lack of a better term, setting up for a more explosive finale by means of powerful, short-term buffs and debuffs. Throwing conservation to the wind, they put everything they have into that one moment, allowing for dynamic combat experiences and higher adaptabilty.
  • Pr___johnny - Sanctuary
    Pr___johnny - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I plan on going Demon...Wield thunder decrease metal resistence...chromatic no longer slows you down..silent seal no damage reduction...purify no chi cost...and plume shot fires faster...some of the main reasons I plan on going Demon

Finally someone that sees the nice benefits of demon ! Those r pvp benefits tho, so people that wanna go demon... ur gonna be better in pvp then pve (if ur a la cleric with ncie crits already , demon metal mastery will give u 2% crit )
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think as well it depends what role you want to play in squad. You like to be pure healer? Then go for sage. You like to do more DD and assist only in healing? Then go for demon (i might be wrong tho, cause i have still 10lvls to go to decide myself b:chuckle).
    I would go for demon, but i know squads need a good healer. Which means...if i do go for demon (with fugly elf) i have to consider that i wont be much help as a sage one (rep goes down?). So i'm still thinking about it myself tho :) (still demon-elf is fugly b:surrender)

I don't think the world is black or whit. Grey scal exists. I think that both sage and demon can be good in both PvP/PvE. I am not 89+ so i can't tell for direct experience, but skills seems to be balanced, and both sage and demon seems to have boost in power on nukes and heals too.
    Small examples:

-IH: with sage you heal a bit more but demon also recovers a bit of MP (i think any barb will be grateful of that).

-Stram of Reju: with sag you gain extra chi, but demon gives +100% equip p.def for a short time duration. I think this is not bad for a support class O_O

-Fast nukes: sage gives additional bonuses on plume shot while demon gives it on cyclone

-Slow nukes: sage can cast tempest with 1 spark only (woot) while demon has the great wield thunder

-Seals: sage have longer duration (i think it is very very good...) while demon doesnt suffer maluses (also this very good)

I don't see why sage should be good only for assisting and demon good only for nuking and PvP. It depends on your playstyle guys, none of these are definitely better for one activity.

My opinion: wait 80+, check what you would like to improve of your skills and make your choice on this.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    no doubt about it... i'll go with demon too... Demon Clerics FTW <3

btw, at high levels... what left for us to play, is just to get the end game, doing TW, PK or etc... especially on PvP servers.
    so getting more attacks/ damages, as demon's bonuses has, is just the only choice ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • IAttack - Heavens Tear
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i know im only in my 20s (havent been able to play in about a month due to computer problems b:cry) but demon cleric looks extremely scary with

chromatic seal -> elemental seal -> demon spark -> spirit's gift -> extreme poison, wield thunder -> thunderstorm, cyclone b:shocked

im not sure how good that actually is, but the numbers look pretty impressive.

plus i like the extra 2% crit better than the extra 5% mastery tbh. (not actually sure which is statistically better but crits are always cool) and it also works with plume shot.

i also find it interesting that demon can spam celestial guardian's seal and net 365 mana per cast o_o
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LA clerics would feel that 2% crit, but for robe its like throwing 2 pebbles in the sea. AKa they feel nothing really.
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LA clerics would feel that 2% crit, but for robe its like throwing 2 pebbles in the sea. AKa they feel nothing really.

yes but a crit from LA is a normal hit for robe b:bye
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i know im only in my 20s (havent been able to play in about a month due to computer problems b:cry) but demon cleric looks extremely scary with

chromatic seal -> elemental seal -> demon spark -> spirit's gift -> extreme poison, wield thunder -> thunderstorm, cyclone b:shocked

im not sure how good that actually is, but the numbers look pretty impressive.

plus i like the extra 2% crit better than the extra 5% mastery tbh. (not actually sure which is statistically better but crits are always cool) and it also works with plume shot.

Actually getting ur hands on these skills is one problem. Another is with ur little macro there, the demon spark and spirits gift bonues do not stack so if u cast spirits gift after the spark u will do LESS dmg than if u just casted the spark. Demon Wield thunder is great but i have yet to see it or anyone with it. Id prefer a constant 5% dmg increase than 2% crit, playing the odds alot less. but i guess thats why i went sage :P Plus the demon fairy looks stupid. (this could be the main reason. lol.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Not really, full mag vs (LA, full vit) has 1k more dmg only at lv90
    b:dirty
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why do people under 89 Insist on commenting on what is better? I hope you realise both sides have thier perks and for Clerics there is no definative 'Better' choice. I happen to know effective Demon and Sage clerics.

As for myself I choose Demon, mainly because the level 99 Skills appealed more to me - Hell Stream of Rejuvination and Hell Wield Thunder are two of the best skills in the game.

Anyway, most of you brainless people will now flame this thread with -

"My opinion is more valid thatn yours QQQQ 'I iz lvl 26 clerac and i noz bout by clarss and how 2 us muh skittlez coractly! I ful atak clarac! pume sh0t ftwinz!!11!!ONE11'"

Go die in a fire.

i love you

the difference isn't half damage. more-so around 500~1k less at end game. if robes are only hitting 1-2k total damage then you're doing something wrong.
  • LaTrappe - Lost City
    LaTrappe - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Seriously people? Light Armor builds? Come on are you guys.....

CRIT HEALS? REALLY? OH EMM GEEE

80% of you make me face palm.

Anyone who is a LA build, especially after 90 Is either mentally **** OR!........ nevermind, I can't think of another excuse for them, they are just mentally ****.

My main question is, why are most of you not mages? because clearly very few of you are clerics.

This thread isnt what is better Demon/Sage, It is more of an expose on who is an uninformed half-wit.

Just..... I don't even know what to say to you guys anymore...... RAAAAAGEEEEEEE

Oh wait i know..... I have 10.3k Hp and 6k pdef and I'm robes My E-peen is huge and I'am now whacking you In the face with it.b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    8 out of 10 backups of demon are based on better attack..............
    they should replace the flying tomato with the red words "FAC" circling them lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IAttack - Heavens Tear
    IAttack - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Actually getting ur hands on these skills is one problem. Another is with ur little macro there, the demon spark and spirits gift bonues do not stack so if u cast spirits gift after the spark u will do LESS dmg than if u just casted the spark. Demon Wield thunder is great but i have yet to see it or anyone with it. Id prefer a constant 5% dmg increase than 2% crit, playing the odds alot less. but i guess thats why i went sage :P Plus the demon fairy looks stupid. (this could be the main reason. lol.)

odam. now im undecided :(

too bad i only have 60+ levels to decide b:victory
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    (Note: The following testimony is from a Demon Cleric in training, with all info being pulled from Ecatomb. If I'm misinformed in certain areas, PLEASE correct me. I'd like all the info I can get before I'm at that final crossroad...)

Simple Solution: Get one (1) Sage Cleric and one (1) Demon Cleric together and let them own at everything forever. b:victory

With that out of the way, as a change of pace from the attack arguments...

Sages like rezing from further away. I like the idea of being able to consistantly rez and rebuff someone in the middle of a fight with crazy channel speeds. Not to mention Demon Sparked Ironheart/Stream/Chromatic to keep everyone happy and healthy. Of course...I still have a ways to go before I can put it all into practice. For now it's just pipe dreams...but certainly appealing at a distance.

Granted, I WILL be jealous of a Sage's Chi move, and the ability to drop a -20% channeling buff on others among some of the other benefits ...but I'm willing to forego that for being able to do all of the above. On top of everything else too.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm (obviously) not up high enough to say from personal experience, but it seems like the difference is that sage is for team players and demon is for soloists/PvPers. The seals, for example, with sage affect the target more, while for demon harm yourself less instead. The former is great if you have a team to protect you, the latter is better if you don't. Sage versions of some spells recover extra HP, while demon versions of the same spell recover MP. Again, the former is (usually) better when buffing others in combat, while the latter is better for buffing yourself (clerics can easily convert that MP to HP if necessary).

I'd say you should probably pick which is best for you based on your playing preference, sage for team players or demon for soloists/PvPers, but that's just my opinion.