U recommend fist bm?

Yogen - Heavens Tear
Yogen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
Im making a fist bm, but i0ve seen many posts saying their the worst bm class, is that true?

know that i want my bm to be my main character and some time later pvp and WT and all that stuff.
Post edited by Yogen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There are like 5 posts about Fist BMs just on the first page if you don't want to search for the 30903263 posts about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Yogen - Heavens Tear
    Yogen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i was hoping it all be simplified with a yes or a no, i never expected a STFU.
    thanks for your "help" anyways
  • Complicate - Lost City
    Complicate - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As a class (meaning fist only) it is not a recommended weapon path.

It is better as a sidearm weapon, or when used with the other weapons. There may be a few people that disagree with me, but in every example video of a fist user "owning" they have also used other weapons.

For some guidance about which weapon path you should choose, take a look at Lyndura's guide which is stickied.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i was hoping it all be simplified with a yes or a no, i never expected a STFU.
    thanks for your "help" anyways

You can be a fist master. Read the guides tho. As long as your having fun, that's all that matters. I'm a sword user but I can also use fists and axes. Started my build wrong in the beginning which is why I can use either. In the forum most people say use a correct build. When you play in-game tho, most people don't care as long you're not doing something weird like archer/sword BM or an axe carrying wizard.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Fist BMs are the worst type of BM cuz they depend on evasion too much. Even though it can be handy against archers it still wont let u kill an archer and other classes will own u easily.

NOTE: Barbs and other BMs wont own you cuz it will be a charm **** for both you and them. (pointless fight)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As long as your having fun, that's all that matters.
    This sounds like a right playing style. You dont have to be strongest player if you dont want^^

i am myself building fist bm and because fist bm's stast are near sword bm's, sword will be my sidearm.
  • WillowWisp - Lost City
    WillowWisp - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Once and for all there are no ''types'' of blademasters , there are just people leveling different skill trees first - you'll ALL eventually have the same skills and for god's sake it's been said a thousand times don't go fist until lvl 90+.

Short answer - no.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Fists are a great weapon. But as a secondary I would suggest Spear. You will want your heavy armor so your stats would be.

5str/4dex/1vit every two levels. This allows you to use fists/Swords/Spears/heavy Armor. Since fist & swords deal with single targets using spear as your second weapon pick balances out your skills. (You get some aoe's!!)

Anyways...whatever you do have fun.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    fists is a good weapon for pve in 1V1. You can get the highest dps on normal attack as mobs stay next to you.

For this to happen you must add shards, mighty rings and refines.

I still recomend to get drakebash from axes to help on stunning.
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    don't go fist until lvl 90+.

60+*

Fists are exceptionally useful in TT runs, as they build spark super quick and allow you to either Advanced Spark repeatedly with a main weapon or use a 2-spark (Heaven's Flame, Glacial Spike) constantly, which is a major help to the rest of the party. Even if you only use level 60 crafted fists, you can do decent damage, and the proc allows you to absorb mana, allowing you to go an entire boss fight without using pots.
  • Tyopsis - Heavens Tear
    Tyopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi first time posting for me
    Other then that i find fist bm fine in the low lvls, lvling is hard and questing is slightly harder but ive managed to get along fine
    I may rely on evasion too much becuz i use the build 5dex/4str/1vit
    thats just my build and its working fine against other people
    (just my opinion b:shocked)
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Personally, I've never known a pure fist bm. However, I recommend getting certain skills in the fist tree if you don't wanna rely purely on the fist. Shadowless kick is very useful as it can interrupt boss aoe's (as my most trusted bm has proved time and again by saving our butts in lunar with that skill).

I've heard that fist bm's are hard to level and do rely on evasion. but like others have said, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters :)
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I use fists for questing / bosses and axes for grinding. Fists for questing because they often make you kill mobs that use magic, which means you can't AoE them. Fist users rely just as much on your physical defense as axe users, and not so much on dodge, because hitrate / dodge don't really mean much in PvE it seems. Level 76 now and added just enough stats for lvl 70 axes and lvl 80 fists, I'm going pure vit for the rest until lvl 90, where I'll restat once I get my new gear :)
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Fist BMs are the worst type of BM cuz they depend on evasion too much. Even though it can be handy against archers it still wont let u kill an archer and other classes will own u easily.

NOTE: Barbs and other BMs wont own you cuz it will be a charm **** for both you and them. (pointless fight)

barbs vs BMs is not a pointless fight
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6864/melledie.png

also fist bms suck =D
  • AlexanderD - Lost City
    AlexanderD - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There may be one or two fist BMs on Lost City that would be considered "terrors" in PVP. I watched Ashlynn from CQ tear apart an entire party in SP a few days ago and she was wearing Buddha: Peace fists (HH90 Golds if I'm not mistaken)

In general, though, Fist BMs are at a colossal disadvantage when it comes to PVP. They hit the 70s and realize that their evasion means jack **** when facing melees with Misty Forest Rings or any archer with half a brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name, He marks, not that you won or lost, but how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

"Rubbish." - Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes
  • EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver
    EXPLODEBEAR - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have a fist BM that I use, and at first, it was just an experiment.

Then I realized that around hill of the swarm I was face punching pissed off dinosaurs until they shed healing tears. Face punching dinosaurs is probably the most metal thing you could ever hope to do. I therefore concluded that fist BMs, while impractical, are AWESOME.
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my build is 3 str 2 dex which accomodates all weapons and heavy armor ( the event +45 vit tome will fix my hp issues which arent that big though :P). from my experience chaining Heavens Flame (axe ultimate skill) with spark then a fist weapon = RRAAAAPPPPPPPEEEEEEE b:dirty b:dirty

When vit bm and barbs walk up to me and tell me i have a **** build i shove it back down their throat and out their asses and dare em to say that again b:chuckle b:chuckle
  • WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver
    WayOfTheFist - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The name says it all.. I just started it tonight.

Call me crazy - but its freakin fun as all getout. I put only enough str to wear my fists and the rest goes to dex. period. no vit at all in this toon. and thats the way its gonna stay. Sure i may grab a skill or two in the other trees.. but fists are where its at for me. I love seeing that "miss miss miss miss miss" showing up b:laugh
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    2 things on accepting fist BM advice:

If they have a non-BM avatar that is high lvl as their icon, take what they say with a grain of salt. It's usually regurgitated information or just what they've seen of someone else's build. And since many BMs don't even understand them, it's at best hearsay and therefore junk.

Anyone saying fist BMs rely on evasion to work. They really have no idea what they are talking about, since they are generalizing fist BMs as just one build type when there are 2 very distinct builds; one being high dex the other high strength. And high strength uses heavy armor and has the same or more strength as axe BMs or barbs.

Just 2 things to keep in mind when reading through comments on fist BMs. Most BMs don't understand them; and the non-BMs who post really have no idea what they are talking about for the most part.