Having trouble decomposing, please help...

supersmashbrother
supersmashbrother Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2009 in The Crafting Nook
So I'm trying to decompose items. I tried looking around the forums, but there isn't a lot of info on this. My faction tried to help me out, but now I'm stuck.

So, I have the necessary skills. I completed the necessary lvl 5 quests. If I press R, under passive skills, I see all 4, along with feral rage (I'm a barbarian). I'm quite literally trying to buy a new weapon/armor from the blacksmith/tailor so it's a lvl 1 item which needs no repair. After buying it I put it in the slot for "Decomposition Material", but I cannot hit start.

I've been told by other players in my faction that they can do this perfectly fine and I should be able to do this. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Do I need to get my skill level to 2 by manufacturing items before being able to decompose level 1 items (my faction told me no, but I'm asking anyway)? Is there some other material necessary besides money to decompose?

If there's any other information I'm not providing that is necessary please let me know. Thank you very much for your help,
-blazedaces (IGN Hamlet)
Post edited by supersmashbrother on

Comments

• Supergoddess - Heavens Tear
    Supergoddess - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    as far as I know, lvl 1 equip can not be decomped it's lvl 2 and higher
    and I don't recall ever having to spend money to decomp anything
  • supersmashbrother
    supersmashbrother Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    as far as I know, lvl 1 equip can not be decomped it's lvl 2 and higher
    and I don't recall ever having to spend money to decomp anything
    Wow... that was it. I feel like such an idiot... or such a noob... whatever.

I don't know, someone either misinformed me or I misunderstood that you cannot decompose something a higher level than your skill...

thanks for the help!

-SSB
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't recall ever having to spend money to decomp anything

Just for the sake of completeness, only 3-star gear costs money to decompose. 3-stars decompose into mirage celestones, and cost 5k per resulting mirage stone to decompose.