Mantavip Scout

Shiningon - Sanctuary
Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
anyone know of any other lvl 62 cleric who has tanked and killed lvl75 boss mantavip scout with help of only a lvl 48 cleric. Did i do good or not !
Post edited by Shiningon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sure, but it's generally a bad idea to brag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I know one who did it lower than 62. *chuckles*b:chuckle

It's not that hard to have a caster tank a magic boss if you wear the right gear. I was called for "support" on Mantavip before I even had the quest because people thought they needed an extra cleric. I brought along my water resist outfit which consisted of a couple pieces of level 4x armor.

Everyone looked at my outfit and was like "WTF, why are you wearing level 4x armor when you are almost 60"

*sigh* The laughter and snide "know-it-all" comments stopped when everyone was comparing water resist and I had over 2k more than the "tank" mage with water shield and cleric buff...

Guess who ended up tanking?

If you are proud of your accomplishment, fine. But, it borders on arrogance to come to the forums looking for "Wow! That's awesome!" type replies.

Take pride in what you do, don't boast because there may be someone out there with an equally impressive tale that devalues your accomplishment.

BTW, good job and I am glad for you that you are happy with your success. It is those moments of accomplishments that stick with us in gaming.

Peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizzy08
    lizzy08 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    what is this a lesson in social ettiquette. clime of your pedistale you two, the guy did good. tell him so or don't comment ! strooth !!
  • lizzy08
    lizzy08 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    besides he wasn't boasting he was asking if it was a good acheivement.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lizzy08 wrote: »
    besides he wasn't boasting he was asking if it was a good acheivement.

Read the between the lines.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No, he was clearly boasting.
    But yes, that's very impressive, congratulations.
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Look, he asked if anyone knew of if being done before, and I answered.

Also, apparently this goes out for the reading impaired, read the final words of my post.

It's not an edit, that is exactly what I wrote when I first posted.

I told him that it I was genuinely happy for his success. So many people become so used to instant gratification in these games, or try to eliminate any challenges (i.e... World Chats yelling "I need high levels to rub my fb19 nice and easy!!"), that they lose sight of personal accomplishments.

I am truely glad they are proud of their accomplishment.

I am also glad to see someone not take the "let's bring nukes to a knife fight" mentality and actually challenge themselves.

However, I am also a vet of game forums for many a year (too many!!), and I am all to familiar with how people react (be it right or wrong) to what can be perceived as boasting, and was trying to let them know to be proud of what you did, but save yourself the flames and don't make it a habit of posting on the forums. The person did something they are proud of, and exposing on the forums for others to criticize is more likely to tarnish that accomplishment rather than polish it.

Again, kudos for slaying the ebil sea serpent/merman/4-armed GIGANTIC (and time consuming) boss! He's a personal favorite boss of mine because he is so large, you get many an onlooker stopping to watch the action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ana_I - Sanctuary
    Ana_I - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    what was your HP btw? im 10 lvls higher and HP 2000, could i do with tanking it? I got 4900 water def.
  • Quinarella - Sanctuary
    Quinarella - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Tanking Mantavip Scout is not the hard part. Its the Cleric Healing and Purifying that has the Hard Job. In my opinion the Lv 48 Cleric deserves the praise Not You.
    NiteDream - Marshal [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOL this thread has been double necro'd
    I like pie
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Tanking Mantavip Scout is not the hard part. Its the Cleric Healing and Purifying that has the Hard Job. In my opinion the Lv 48 Cleric deserves the praise Not You.

Nice necro, idiot.

inb4lock
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Holy necro on a pogo stick...... Check the date of this post..... and let it rest in peace.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Edit: awkward, huge necro