The new mount given.....

Tabit - Sanctuary
Tabit - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, I have been on this game for less than a year.

But, I have never been offended from the updates until now.
The new mount given to people who have signed on before September 30th?
That really angers me. Its like PWI wanted to rub in my face: "Ha you logged on to late."

What should have been implemented: Mount given when you've been on the game for more than a year. Kind of like a PWI Birthday present.
Basically, PWI rubbed it in my face with this new update that I didn't get in the game soon enough.

It really pissed me off. And I think other people have the same feeling.

Thank you Developers. You have been most thoughtful for your concern on newer coming players, and your "fairness" fit really well.

b:angry
Post edited by Tabit - Sanctuary on

Comments

• __Necro__ - Sanctuary
    __Necro__ - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ya!

But then I don't really care because the new mount is just a recolored Hell Hound with some glow. Lazy, lazy, lazy...
    OmgPwnage
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    Niro_Etran - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well spoken! Just because we did not make it to the game on time your going to say that your not good enough to get a mount because you did not spend a whole year with us, making us feel like ****, you guys should have really thought about the feelings of others and how they would feel about this you really acted unfair and like children on this decision to give cool free stuff to 1 years instead of those who have played the game for even close to a year mark you really hurt are feelings developers thanks a lot for nothing but a spit in the face.b:sad
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    WOW stop whining, omg, YES its exactly what its supposed to be a gift to those that got here earlier than YOU, guess what I only started recently too, Do I wish I could have gotten on earlier, you better believe it, am i sad i didnt get a new mount ohhh, Not really, sure its cool and i dont have a land mount yet but then again I havnt been here a year, and therefore i DONT DESERVE IT..
    But i sure as hell hope they give out something for the next birthday too, I plan on being there, but really stop whining about something so trivial, Its something to reward those players who were here from the begining. A way of saying Thank you for making the game what it is, cus im betting a lot of those players are the same ones who introduced ppl like me to this game.

SO THERE< now shut it and get back to the game XD
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sure was a smart idea to give a gift to an audience of people whom most likely don't play anymore.

Anything to keep those devoted cash shoppers interested.
  • Scorpius - Lost City
    Scorpius - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its an ugly mount anyway... why are u QQing -_-;
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its an ugly mount anyway... why are u QQing -_-;
    ^^QFT.

Heh yeah, I've probably missed it by a month, but I wouldn't QQ over it. EDIT: I just checked and I missed it by 8 days b:chuckle
    One fugly mount that they couldn't sell enough of, so now they recolour it and give to you as a 'gift'.

The idea IS to reward people who have been here over a year.

Besides the late starters (recently) got rewards of lower mount prices and new mounts. And now theres a new daily and news of another new daily (frost) being added soon. We got it easier than those who are already 90+. Should they QQ?
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't know why this thread is wasting forum space....
    MAKE ANOTHER GOLD PRICE COMPLAINT THREAD INSTEAD GRRR b:angry

Honestly, the mount isn't the big issue here b:shutup

I feel empty inside just looking at the screenies of the gold market.b:surrender

Oh well, my patch has finished loading.....
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This thread reminds me of something on another game. Initials are GW, since I can't mention it by name here. Around 3-4 times a year, they have "festival" events and at the finale of these events, you can get masks. But you have to actually be at the finale to get them (and in some cases, meet specific requirements to get those masks). Yet people still complained about why they can't get the masks. The answer is simple... they did not attend the event finale. The mask is a way of saying "I was actually there when it happened". Why should the complainers get the mask when they were not even there for it in the first place?

Similar thing happening right now. The PWI anniversary mount is only for players who have been with the game for at least a year. Why should just anyone get the mount when most of us, including myself, haven't been playing it that long? The answer is simple... we shouldn't.
  • Ailreena - Sanctuary
    Ailreena - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    These mounts don't make ppl stronger than others. If you're playing 1 year you have often similar things, so it's just nice gift. It isn't making the rest of ppl worse. It's the same as lucky box. Not each player get good things for the same amount of gold, but you can wait for next chance.

BTW. Actually I don't see too many this new mounts in the game if it will make someone's feelings better.
  • tamera
    tamera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I happy i got the mount. I've been registered for a year, but I'm not a addict either. I only actually "play" the game every other day for a few hours. I have a family to take care of. I also level up slowly. And I also took a break from the game in May 09 to Aug 09. So actually I just came back. I could've been past lvl 100 if I wanted to right now, but I really don't care how long it takes me to get there. I'm just here to have fun in my few hours of free time. Just remember everyone, don't take the game too seriously. Chances are it's probably not going to always be here, but your family and the people that care about you will. So anyone who spends more than 5-10hrs+ a day on this game: get off the game for a bit(actually for awhile) go outside, hang out with friends and family, or read a book (if you like reading), do something active besides sitting you bum in front of a computer, lol. The developers at Perfect World Entertainment never meant for you to put your life into this game. They just created it for your entertainment a few hours in the week.
  • Abalone - Sanctuary
    Abalone - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I feel like I have been invited to the birthday party but banned from eating the cake because I was 5 minutes late b:cry

but then from what I have been reading, the mounts arent anything special and once you got them you cant get rid of them. Sooo basically they are just inventory space hoggers. Nope thanks, dont need that. I need my inv space for the other more important items.

Wonder how many people deleted the mail before accepting the item once they realised it couldnt be sold,
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The idea to give the players who stayed all the time a *special* mount is noble... But how many of them wont play anymore and are already inactive? And If youre here that long, wouldnt you already have amount of your own...?

Imo would have been better to set the sate to half a year or something.
    Cause I think even people that are here since December 08 are here a long time :)

/QQon I want one b:cry But I did join later lol /QQend
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    QQ louder please, I don't hear ya on top of my new shiny mount ^^
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the mount is nothing compared to the infamous new boxes and it is rubbish aniway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the mounts arent anything special and once you got them you cant get rid of them. Sooo basically they are just inventory space hoggers. Nope thanks, dont need that. I need my inv space for the other more important items.

You can get rid of it, like you can get rid of any bound item.

Mounts do not take up inventory space, they sit in your pet bag.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear
    Chrysanthos - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Rubbish? b:shocked
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Rubbish? b:shocked

it's a shiny hellhound

devs are lazy as always
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordMiroku - Dreamweaver
    LordMiroku - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Awsome, I registered for sure befor september 2008 b:chuckle
    The Mount is bound euh....
    Can I ask the mount to be sent to a new Char (after the new expension) plz?
    Because i want to try out the new race :D
  • Scorpius - Lost City
    Scorpius - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If only it was a shiny unicorn that shoots rainbows out its butt.... THEN you'd have something to QQ aboutb:chuckle
  • Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary
    Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ok, I have been on this game for less than a year.

[snipped]
    What should have been implemented: Mount given when you've been on the game for more than a year. Kind of like a PWI Birthday present.
    Basically, PWI rubbed it in my face with this new update that I didn't get in the game soon enough.
    [snipped]

Perhaps like me, you didn't read the YEAR in the update notes. The free mount is only being awarded to those that have been playing for a year (or more). The date in the update notes (for the mount) is September 30, 2008 - not 2009.

So there are a lot of us that aren't getting the mount, but why should we if we haven't been with PWI during it's first FULL year? I think what they are doing is "right" and I appreciate the thought and the gift they CHOSE to give to those that have been here with them in their first year.

I also appreciate the 2x XP weekends for the entire month of September that they are giving to ALL of us!

Take care!
    Roxy
  • Smeigle_ - Heavens Tear
    Smeigle_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if any gm's are listening i signed up in july last year but i did not recieve my mount i even sent a ticket in but no response are there allot of date errors going on? please respond.
    You Will Never Take The Precious!!!!!!
  • Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary
    Roxy_Kitten - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if any gm's are listening i signed up in july last year but i did not recieve my mount i even sent a ticket in but no response are there allot of date errors going on? please respond.

Give it some time - the GM's are probably pretty busy this morning. I would guess that all tickets submitted about the new mounts are being taken in the order they were sent (queued). Just wait your turn and I'm sure they'll get to you. b:pleased

Take Care,
    Roxy
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ohhhh by the way if thats a *Hell* Hound, why does it glow blue...? Is hell icy now or what? XD

Bah Ill just enjoy my normal hound :) At least I can say I didnt get it free b:chuckle

But grats to all the people who got one :)
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Or people could stop whining and wait for the next year when the next anniversary happens.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • CandyApplet - Heavens Tear
    CandyApplet - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sounds like a nursery school in here.

The early joiners, the beta testers, were the ones who helped PWI off to a good start. They're the ones who reported those lingering bugs the first time. The ones who figured out how to do the quests that weren't clear, so they could help others. The ones who proved to PWI that their business model might just work. If PWI is proud of hitting their first anniversary, there's some sense in saying "thanks" to those people.

Yeah, I've been here more than a year (though this wasn't my first character) and I got the mount. It's not something I'll use often -- it's slower than my preferred ride -- and if offered a choice, it's not what I would have taken, but I appreciate the gift.

Thanks, PWI.
  • HoVulpes - Sanctuary
    HoVulpes - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Geeez stop it! they HAD TO MAKE SOME DEADLINE date for joining. u joined 1st of oct? good u wont get. cause if u get. then person who joined 2.n oct would like get it too cause why not? only 1 day. pff i got mount on my first account lv 14 cleric. i wish to pass it too my newer account, cause i use ONLY my account with this lv 75veno.. but at all i play pwi since 1st sept. i would be glad if i get my mount transfered. if not... well shame... b:sad but still has my old HH b:laugh
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please keep all discussion of the new patch to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.