Don't Blame GM's for High gold Prices!

DW_Vane - Sanctuary
DW_Vane - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Yes they are only workers hired by the company to 'Admnistrate' the comunity of players and enforce the rules.. the ones adding content to the game are the developers and even tho they have their reazons to add or modify the game content , they are not either the ones to blame for High gold prices ..

If you wanna blame someone for the ridiculious gold price, blame us; the players the greedy greedy players!

My advise is just take it easy, keep playing and focus on your leveling instead of feeling the need to just get richer or to have the mount of the next player Because at the moment you only will end up frustrated.. Most of all Try to have fun.. that's what a game should be all about.. aint it? b:surrender
5 pet skill slots TVM :: venos will $hare more oFc ;)
Post edited by DW_Vane - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree and i hardly use any cash shop items at all,BUT the people on pvp servers are a bit screwed since there having a lunar glade weapon and/or equip makes alot of diff than random ppl with it in a TW.
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    Niro_Etran - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I BLAME THEM A 110%b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Velsin - Sanctuary
    Velsin - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thank you. Finally I can rest easy knowing someone else blames this plague on us the player.

Look at it this way, people are greedy and impatient. Everyone wants money, they also want really cool stuff. People sacrifice large sums of cash to get what they want RIGHT NOW.

Then there are those of us that know this and crank up prices in the first few hours. Good example is the genie. Care to guess how many mirages I sold at 150k ea?

I give the prices a one week settle period. After that we need to wait for the event to end. If you are greedy and like to take advantage of people like me. Sell gold now. Wait for the prices to drop and settle then buy it all back again. Then wait for the next event to feed your greed. I love people that can't wait.
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I BLAME THEM A 110%b:angryb:angryb:angry

Go crawl back in your hole Niro. Ever heard of Supply and Demand? Other Players, Like YOU, are the reason for the high gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Go crawl back in your hole Niro. Ever heard of Supply and Demand? Other Players, Like YOU, are the reason for the high gold prices.

Go jump off a cliff you dirty no good jerk how is it my fault that the gold prices went up and ppl like me can't afford it maybe if ppl like you thought more about others like us we would not have that problem while your sitting on a lump sum of cash so you fail at life and this game go jump off a cliff. b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry don't blame someone you have no backup to blame them on.
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes they are only workers hired by the company to 'Admnistrate' the comunity of players and enforce the rules.. the ones adding content to the game are the developers and even tho they have their reazons to add or modify the game content , they are not either the ones to blame for High gold prices ..

If you wanna blame someone for the ridiculious gold price, blame us; the players the greedy greedy players!

My advise is just take it easy, keep playing and focus on your leveling instead of feeling the need to just get richer or to have the mount of the next player Because at the moment you only will end up frustrated.. Most of all Try to have fun.. that's what a game should be all about.. aint it? b:surrender

Finally! spoken well!! someone in PWI has brain and i think that u!!!
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol PWE knows what the players will do. Players will do whatever it takes to get these new items and pwe set it up so they can make a lot of money and the spenders will get the biggest bang for their buck as possible. The victims are the rest of us and its all....whoever decided this was a god idea's fault ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You people are **** beyond belief,the GM's keep messing up the economy over and over again,and you all keep crawling out of the woodwork with your"it aint their fault its ours"posts,whats it going to take before you finally get it through your thick skulls it is...o **** it your all just incredibly stupid its like dealing with tranquilized monkeys here...
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Velsin - Sanctuary
    Velsin - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You people are **** beyond belief,the GM's keep messing up the economy over and over again,and you all keep crawling out of the woodwork with your"it aint their fault its ours"posts,whats it going to take before you finally get it through your thick skulls it is...o **** it your all just incredibly stupid its like dealing with tranquilized monkeys here...

Well, in a way you are right. The devs know how people operate in general. You get to the room in the cube with the chest limit set by a player before. A lot of people are nice to leave it at 5. Some people that don't care about your little code of conduct(me) set it at 100. Just to prove to you that being nice doesn't entitle you to rewards.

So by releasing these events and making things easily obtainable with real world cash. It feeds the greed of a lot of players(me again). Now if you were smart, you'd read the updates, patch notes and other dev blogs and anticipate. Stock up on money and gold then get ready to rake in bigger profits. This also pads their wallet quite nicely.

Developers come up with new content, place a real world price on it. Let people inside our digital world set the price they want to trade at. With a cap of 1 million coins per 1 gold. Players inside the game work for coin and do NOT NEED anything from the boutique and can exist outside of it.

So I agree, people are stupid. I also dislike people who want things their way without actually working for it. Instead they just whine about it.

Being nice doesn't mean you'll get life the way you want it. Neither does being a whiner.
  • Niro_Etran - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    The only reason there letting it stand is because the gold prices means that if the gold goes up that much then people have to buy there OWN gold with there REAL money which in all terms is just gaining money for PWI but hurting the players who have no jobs or just kids and can't afford to pay for ZEN which means there goes your players who quit the game because of that reason. I can't believe that paying close to a mill in Lost City like 2k short of a mill is worth paying for, people can't afford that and the GMS just let it ride and they are the ones trying to fix the economy that just shrunk to a bottomless pit, if all sakes at least add the free offers back for those who can't pay and let them do surveys for an hour or charge a dollar to there card to get some zen I mean come on GMS your making the game not fun anymore for everyone and only hurting yourself's in the long run.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Umm, trader or zen charge still makes them money. The trader should make them more in theory actually since it costs an additional 2% gold to trade there. That gold in the trader doesn't pop into existence out of nowhere, someone pays for it.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:bye Ima go grind guys.
    Sooner or later I am sure I will be rewarded for my hardwork.
    After hearing about the % of items from the packs I don't think I'm going to buy any. I might go sell some gold at 300k though (enough to profit off the Big Market Boom, but low enough to annoy some of the jerks raises the prices to stupid amounts).

EDIT: Also, I think the GM's will work on what they need to.
    I'm not buying copious gold until I am sure the game isn't going to die though. :) So send us a message please GMs

and a suggestion: mayve dont update for a while? People are ungrateful and you always just get hell for it.
    You have a solid fanbase. Just release things a little slower. Can't wait for the Tideborn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dustin534
    dustin534 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yup it's true almost every high lvl on harshlands is leaving ppl are selling there characters, im not quitting i dont use cash shop plus ppl say the game is screwed up becaz of the new event lol I might half to join another server if all my friends leave but owell ppl who doubt the game dont belong
    :P
    HL character
    Sin-ign-Angarika-lvl46

Made 6 days ago :P

Be level 70 by next week <3b:thanks
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dustin534 wrote: »
    yup it's true almost every high lvl on harshlands is leaving ppl are selling there characters, im not quitting i dont use cash shop plus ppl say the game is screwed up becaz of the new event lol I might half to join another server if all my friends leave but owell ppl who doubt the game dont belong

Word b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilemon
    ilemon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh man I hope someones kind enough to donate some gold to me :D

Seriously though if you are quitting, pop me a message(in forum,downloading patch now)
    or contact me sometime tomorrow

IGN: SoaringEagle
    Server: Harshlands
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i dont blame the gms completely.. i blame them partly, 400-500k a gold is outrageous.... would it have happened if those aniversery box's wernt released in cash shop? no......*thats the part i think is the gms fault*

its also our fault..... some ppl are kinda greedy these days

and its also nobodies fault... as demand goes up and quantity of something lowers, price naturally increase... everyone wants the aniversery pack things right now and the gold supply is limited
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I do want to say one thing about gold though, Just remember that its kinda crucial to keeping this game alive, If they dont make money then this game does go bye bye,
    I personally plan on maybe spending a lil money to buy a pre pay card, If only to show my support for a game ive really started to love. But yeah near a mil for one gold is kinda hinky, well Heres to better tomorrows and maybe a solution to all our gold woes coming soon..

YAY my patch has loaded see you all soon. ^^
  • dustin534
    dustin534 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ya well the gold isn't that much on harshland cheapest is 290k lol well even if ppl say they are leaving don't believe them i mean seriously ppl say this **** so gm's will report to the person who did it so they get there money back i just half to say we had this comin u bought it deal with it but instead no we gotta blame the GM's my god and here i thought the ppl on harshlands hate QQers well guess wat ur eatin ur own words gawd could someone from harshlands tell me if ppl are still qqing on world chat
    :P
    HL character
    Sin-ign-Angarika-lvl46

Made 6 days ago :P

Be level 70 by next week <3b:thanks
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its simple supply and demand, the problem stems from the people with tons of coins that are willing to spend the outrageous prices on gold. I can understand going man these are sweet items, I want them. But how much would u normally spend vs. the chance on them. including the new price into the equation. lets take an example now. There is a .5% chance of getting the item you want. That is a 100,000,000 spent(based on average and gold rate). Now yes you may be the lucky person to get it first try maybe even 20th. You may be the unlucky one to spend all 200 gold without a single one. And the whole while that % laughs at you for wasting a ton of coin. I for one am selling my gold to be super rich when prices lower, and they will in time after event. I may leave 10g to toy with for items. What I do know is my plat charms n emerald charms are all I'm going to have for a while so apoth n potions it is. And i get 11ty million of em for the price of a charm at 4 gold lolz
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    I feel really sorry for any veno without both legendary pets yet. Lost City prices as of when people said 1 mil per gold (if that's accurate) means 190,740,000 coin for each... ouch.
  • PandamoniumV - Sanctuary
    PandamoniumV - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my veno picked up both leg pets back when gold was like 120k. I was happy I did when it was 180k now. But wooooot happy now! p.s. sell gold in early night hours when it peaks then buy it back after event and get leg pets.
  • XxDahliaxX - Heavens Tear
    XxDahliaxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    O.O well gold prices are a little scary right now.........and normally i really wouldn't care but as a cleric MP charms are almost vital b:sad. And my poor veno T.T there gose saving up for herc and nix b:surrender . seriously though O.o do people have to be that greedy...........your right i dont blame the GMs. Gold prices are in the players hands and instead of maybe going the other way and having things a bit cheaper nooooo they decide its better to be money hungry b:angry.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    O.O well gold prices are a little scary right now.........and normally i really wouldn't care but as a cleric MP charms are almost vital b:sad. And my poor veno T.T there gose saving up for herc and nix b:surrender . seriously though O.o do people have to be that greedy...........your right i dont blame the GMs. Gold prices are in the players hands and instead of maybe going the other way and having things a bit cheaper nooooo they decide its better to be money hungry b:angry.

lolwat. the gm's knew what would happen when they put that box in. only narrow-minded idiots would blame the players.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bull,if the gm's wanted to make sure gold stayed low and wasn't set upon by greedy players they would have made anniversary packs buyable with coin or gave them free to every player someway,gm's=as bad if not worse than the sellers.

Even with jolly jones they had a high cap of 100k on each angel,and they learned from their mistake there didn't they LOL,they made sure the anniversary packs were only available in boutiqe to drive gold skywards b:laugh

Oh and yeah,throw in warsoul and lunar as possible prizes to maximize the resell value of gold and to get more people charging zen...any pretense that this gift **** is a celebration for players should be dropped pronto,you don't need to be a mindreader to know their motives here.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009

There's cheaper alternatives to charms anyways, always has been though the supply might be stretched pretty thin now. What you pay for with a charm is the extremely quick potential regen. You can get by without them, you're still going to run into 80-90% of the costs in potion spam though (or be forced into charms anyways if you can't get the potions). Well, that or be more conservative with BB.
  • Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver
    Sinfuldelite - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They own a game in which has to have its own economy. They should have a top price that is based at this moment they only have made the economy bad on the game. They must watch the economy on game as well as things in real. It is just basic fact. They need to fix the game economy before the game just goes down hill. Simple and true.
    All i say is make a price that is as high as you can for gold a max and let the players set the prices at the max or below their choice but when you have a game like this you must keep things in the game economy running smoothly or you fail.
    At this moment they fail they brought to much out at once and have not been watching the game economy if they continue this the game will do a downward spiral and more or less FAIL
    Sincerely,
    SIN
    ps.
    Flame me or whatever i do not care.
    edited September 2009
    Bull,if the gm's wanted to make sure gold stayed low and wasn't set upon by greedy players they would have made anniversary packs buyable with coin or gave them free to every player someway,gm's=as bad if not worse than the sellers.

Even with jolly jones they had a high cap of 100k on each angel,and they learned from their mistake there didn't they LOL,they made sure the anniversary packs were only available in boutiqe to drive gold skywards b:laugh

Oh and yeah,throw in warsoul and lunar as possible prizes to maximize the resell value of gold and to get more people charging zen...any pretense that this gift **** is a celebration for players should be dropped pronto,you don't need to be a mindreader to know their motives here.

Nicely said but if they do not watch it their game will fail from a downward spiral of the game economy I already know players who are leaving because of it.
    edited September 2009
    And my poor veno T.T there gose saving up for herc and nix b:surrender ..

Isn't that the truth? I must agreeb:surrender if its not fixed i most likely will not save for one any longer....
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I already know players who are leaving because of it.

I know a bunch of new players coming into the game, simply because they can get a lot of game coin, hence legendary gear, molds, and other goodies, for the 12.99 a month they were paying on another game.

For these players, the early-game struggle for survival is massively reduced compared to what we went through, so they're getting way more bang for their 12 bucks.

A new order comes: Let's just hope lots of whiners leave the game and make way for new blood.

Side-note: If so many people really were leaving, that's great, the lag in Archo West will go down.

Don't let the door slam on your way out!
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gm's are making more People buy more Zhen(Gold), Because You can make Profit of Items and Coins from the Anniversarry Gift

I think they done it a teeny bit awful this time

400k for a freakin gold!!

Only secret Gm's and Hackers with lots of gold would buy that sh*t
This discussion has been closed.