Take Aim?

DarkHam - Harshlands
DarkHam - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Archer
I'm prolly nubzar of the week for this but.

When I watch TW vids, or ask high level archers about Take Aim they say it is a really good skill.

Is it really? On the archers guide it says that it isn't that usefull o_o

If it is usefull, can someone explain to my why? The channel time hardly seems worth the damage. I feel like i'd rather use deadly shot o.0
Post edited by DarkHam - Harshlands on

Comments

• GunShoT - Dreamweaver
    GunShoT - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its good 4 PKing...
    if its on example num. 3 try holding that number...it will shoot in les than a sec. but it will do les damage,b:victorystill more damage than normal shot...b:victory
  • Zael - Harshlands
    Zael - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    in mid levels it's better to go with Deadly Shot, but at higher level when your weapons do a lot more damage, then the 300% weapon damage boost will be your best friend.
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    deadly shot is better until 89, leave take aim at 1 till then and hold the hotkey down to gain chi fast ;)
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skitcher
    skitcher Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm prolly nubzar of the week for this but.

When I watch TW vids, or ask high level archers about Take Aim they say it is a really good skill.

Is it really? On the archers guide it says that it isn't that usefull o_o

If it is usefull, can someone explain to my why? The channel time hardly seems worth the damage. I feel like i'd rather use deadly shot o.0

test test test test
  • Wyiana - Heavens Tear
    Wyiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Call me cheap if you want, but Deadly Shot costs alot of spirit that could be spent elsewhere. So I just went with Take Aim lv10.

It's a great opener, it's indeed useful in PvP since you can shorten it (whereas Deadly Shot isn't really.. you could do so much more during those 3 seconds of casting), and even at lv10 you can use it for chi, 100 mp isn't -that- much.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Deadly shot does more damage until you have a high level well refined weapon.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • WlNG - Heavens Tear
    WlNG - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Hmm..
    Deadly shot yeah, its better at 89. >_>
  • Vlarkin - Heavens Tear
    Vlarkin - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol and take aim is better at 90+ not 89, why waste take aim during a spark, at 90+ your generally using a higher grade wep, and (demon take-aim is 400% weapon damage and only 2.5 sec channel) great for 1 shotting squishies in TW
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Call me cheap if you want, but Deadly Shot costs alot of spirit that could be spent elsewhere. So I just went with Take Aim lv10.

It's a great opener, it's indeed useful in PvP since you can shorten it (whereas Deadly Shot isn't really.. you could do so much more during those 3 seconds of casting), and even at lv10 you can use it for chi, 100 mp isn't -that- much.

Pretty much what I do. I use it as my opener when grinding on ranged/magic mobs, to build chi for Winged Shell. Between Take Aim, Knockback, and Winged Shell, I can usually grind indefinitely with maybe 50-100 HP damage per mob and no net mana usage. Against magic mobs especially, Take Aim -> couple normals -> Winged shell when they start channeling -> normals until dead works great. Maybe throw a knockback in there against increased life or defense, or if I miss.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Demon take aim is +400% weapon attack.
    Lvl 10 deadly shot is 100% of weapon damage plus 4986.6.

When your level + average weapon damage + garnet shards in your weap + damage from your rings is > 1662, demon take aim is better on the average.

For sage take aim the break even point is at 1246 weapon attack.

Demon cross over point is roughly a +5 tt90 xbow. Sage is roughly a +4 tt90 or a +7 tt80. If you don't have those go for lvl 10 deadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I like yur idea.. kind of what i'm doing now too..

Take aim, normal shot or frozen for fast mob, shell n FINISH HIM!
    Knock back for increase life or defense.

i only use deadly for bosses <--- make use the cleric covers your back if u get aggro lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElveZero - Harshlands
    ElveZero - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Its a good skill if you use it to ambush someone, but not good in the middle of combat
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009

This in PvE right? Or u run from robe users?

DS is awesome to **** robes till 89. TA is awesome 89+ (if u have the lvl 11 skill especially sage one). Before this is mainlly something to build chi fastb:surrender since it does crappy dmg and its useless in pvp.
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Diego - Lost City
    Diego - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You can do a quick release take aim by holding the key on the keyboard, it will fire faster than a normal arrow, and give you 15 chi, and you can do it every 3 seconds. it's the best archer skill imo