Perfect World International's One Year Anniversary!

Options

Comments

• Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    cant beleave i wasted a year here XD
  • Sakura_jd - Sanctuary
    Sakura_jd - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    im heaving a massive sigh that i wont be getting that cool mount. i already liked the Hell Hound. that thing is like the elite older brother of him....
  • Sakurajd - Sanctuary
    Sakurajd - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    meant to post with this character selected :P
    my name is SakuraJD
    do not be fooled by the name above...
  • fephnir
    fephnir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The events are flipping awesome!!
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i wish i knew about this game when it first started maybe then i wouldn't have spent so much time on other, crappier f2p mmos ._.

but I've been playing since March and it's been really fun, met lots of nice people.

I'm very impressed with PWE to be honest, I've played a lot of ****ty games before this one but the bugs here seem to be minimal and quickly fixed or at least addressed. The maintenance is routine, same day and time each week which i love, i always hated planning to play for awhile then suddenly have a broadcast message come over saying "servers going down in 30 min for maintenance" =( I also like that the cash shop items are significantly more expensive than other cash shop mmos, and there are rarely items that give a noticeable advantage (when there are, such as herc and nix, it's like $200+)

Though i do agree with some people that the economy is **** but nowhere near as bad as a lot of other games out there and it seems to slowly going back to normal (yay gold is worth 175k instead of 240k!!)

so yay for PWI, happy anniversary and here's to another good year :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Nanaiie - Sanctuary
    Nanaiie - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I started playing PWI within 1 or 2 weeks since open beta started. A friend from another game told me about this game and I have been hooked on it ever since. I've been through so much ingame but I don't regret playing this game. I think it's one of the best MMO's I have played.

I still can't believe it's already going to be a year. Happy Anniversary, PWI. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggie made by me b:chuckle
  • aramua
    aramua Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't even remember what day I exactly started to play, but I am assuming the date shown below your avatar is the date?
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I remember staying up all night so I could register the names of my choice the moment the servers opened for Open Beta... Before that, I played Closed Beta from the moment the servers came up, too.

Yes, I have been hooked to this game, and with good reason: It has been therapeutic, I have made many great friends (some of whom I no longer see around), and it has certainly been worth way more than the equivalent expenditure I would have made on movies, new games, and other forms of entertainment in the last one year.

I started the faction QuestSeek in the second week of OB, and upgraded it to level 3 on 22nd September. That QuestSeek is still going strong, when many others have waxed and waned, makes me very happy.

Interesting side-note: Almost none of the original members of QuestSeek play the game any more, barring a half dozen or so.

Yes, it has been a great experience, and I hope to still be in the game for the NEXT anniversary, especially if the company desists from meddling with the economy (chest of coins, anyone?).

All the best, Perfect World, and a very happy anniversary to you!
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been here since 1st day of closed beta with my faction, Harvest. And don't confuse us to those faker's,Harvesters, who think they were here first.

Would have to post on my old nopic avatar which i used a long time before they got us pics on the forum to show my real join date.Just noticed this avatar pic has wrong date.

PWI has really gone a long way in this year with expansions,though event's have gone down in quality and amount.

Still it has been fun playing all this time and enjoying the journey, we'll see where PWI is next year.

Some event's and dungeons aren't yet open,but guessing from all the expansions,they are coming in one form or another one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • EgaeniI - Heavens Tear
    EgaeniI - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:cute YAY 1 year, the end is near, in terms of game play.. yes its the best free mmorpg, but as ppl said b4 me, 300k per gold? no thx

i still remember all those ppl that left b4 me.. b:cry kinda miss u all, it was me who always talk about leaving leaving since lvl 60s.. you guys kept me in, i really do miss you guys. b:bye but now a sever full of ppl with orange weapon for rich ppl? no thx really

i miss the tw between lvl 50-80, was a lot of fun.

i hope you guys play hard XD

ega = full time shop part time player b:chuckle
    b:bye full time shop part time player
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    is this the braggin' rights thread? b:chuckle

i took 2 months away to play another PW game, but knew i'd be back..wasn't sure how long tho

PWI b:thanksb:kiss
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    And you're 2 levels higher than me! b:cry

thats how i feel qq
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    wakakakaka

edit: july 08 b:cute
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I played closed beta then started playing on lost city however due to a busy college year start I had to stop playing PWI till I found out enough time to do so. So at the end of october or start of november (not sure anymore b:surrender ) I started on sanctuary instead since it was a newer server,wished I would've continued on lost city even with higher lvls already .

This game was quite exciting at low lvls and medium lvls ,I enjoyed every second of it ,but looking at the future there's not much to say anymore....anniversary boxes with those kinds of rewards ,maybe it is time to let go....this is a bit too much.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Happy Anniversary PWI and extended grats to its community of players. Most of you players are great peeps, and you have made this milestone possible. What I like about this community is the measure of good and bad in every one of us as we play the game... making it so human.

I've been here since last November -- on every single night -- a refugee from another MMORPG which died out of sheer greed. I came here a bit disillusioned but, every day (or night rather), I became a little more hopeful as the game presented further challenges and different events which made it more appealing.

I have noticed also something else recently, which I would like to share with you to see if you also noticed. Remember WC before the Bounty Hunter events? There was non-stop QQ'ing, mud-slinging fests, and otherwise unpleasant exchanges which forced many of us to use the blacklist option on many players. But since the BH started, most of what we read in WC is peeps looking for squads, others offering help and everyone seems a lot happier.

There are, of course, the usual greedies who take advantage of their squaddies to rob them unfairly, but they can be dealt with by simply refusing any further interaction with them. Once that issue is settled, it's fun for everyone.

Another thing I have noticed in the last 4 to 6 weeks: our (ingame) avatars are actually blinking! (could have been before, but I only noticed recently).
    5.gif
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Best mmo I have played thus far. I really love how diverse the Blademaster class is with all of its weapon exclusive skills and huge skill tree. Music, graphics, game reqs, community, and even the economy was pretty great until a couple of months ago. The new classes is what I am looking forward to. Gives me a good reason to make an alt and actually take it seriously. I hope the expansions and updates (hopefully some exclusive PWI content) will keep it fresh for another year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • ninior
    ninior Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    what a wonderful day i have birthday today to b:cool

Happy Anniversary PWI !!!
  • hunted
    hunted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    such a great mmorpg
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Dave-Chapelle_l.jpg

It's a celebration!

It's been a great first year! Thanks everyone! Let's enjoy the festivities!

b:thanks
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Happy Anniversary
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Woo! Free mount for doing nothing. b:thanks
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    WOW O.o

i just play pwi for about 2 months now... so i dont really know about this >.<

anyway...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY PWI... HAPPY 1st YEAR ANNIVERSARY <3

this is my 2nd mmorpg i ever play, after RC, and i'm falling in love in just the first time i created my character and play it <3<3<3

Good job and thanks to all developer's team ^.^

Keep it up... with the new patches and extensions... pwi is the best mmorpg ever :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i was just 1 month away from geting tht mount (i still got my regitration in my mailb:victory) this sucks *takes deep breath* i promised my self i wouldnt cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I just want to say, I would not have started playing PWI if it weren't for Transcend's TW videos on youtube. I saw those, and thought: "Wow, that game looks freakin awesome!" So I downloaded and started playing on Lost City. I leveled up, and when I gathered as much courage as I could, I sent Transcend a message asking if I could join GuardianZ. (I was such a lowbie at the time, I don't know what I was thinking.) So thank you Transcend for getting me hooked on the best online video game I have ever played.
    b:thanks

I moved to Harshlands the day it opened, and I have never looked back. I've made so many friends and had so many good times here, I could never get into any other mmo.

I may not have been playing sense CB, and I may not be the most popular or well known player, but I feel like I've been around forever and made so many friends. I'm glad to be here for its 1 year anniversary, and look forward to spending another year playing with everyone.
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Im a tad confused.....anyone have the slightest clue on how these anniversary packs work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PWI!

I just wanna say thanks to everyone for this wonderfull game and talk about the new things happening.
    Tideborn? :O Seems awesome b:victory
    New Aerocrafts? b:shocked
    Anniversary Box? b:dirty
    PWI Sitcom!
    Tell me your opinions about it b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Smeigle_ - Heavens Tear
    Smeigle_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    b:victoryHappy B-Day pwib:victory
    You Will Never Take The Precious!!!!!!
  • FadedChaos - Heavens Tear
    FadedChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nice touch from PWI giving the old school players a free mount.

Gratz to everyone who gets one b:pleased
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well it was a fun year playing so thank you pwi,100 more years to come b:thanks
  • ilemon
    ilemon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hooray! Happy Birthday PWI!