Demon/Sage

Khaldon - Sanctuary
Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Cleric
Hi all..
wanting to know which is better Demon or Sage ppl says Sage and others Demon well hope u poll so i can know which is Better Demon Or Sage well i was searching on webs for Sage/Demon Skill i got this site hope u guy check it b4 polling : http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
Post edited by Khaldon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sage FTW
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There were many threads about the sage/demon thing, but most argument was based on ecatomb without personal experience. (From what I can recall.)

Actually it would be nice to hear some opinions on empirical ground. I mean: hey sages and demons out there, are you pleased with your choice?

Edit: typo
  • Jette - Lost City
    Jette - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I plan on going Demon...Wield thunder decrease metal resistence...chromatic no longer slows you down..silent seal no damage reduction...purify no chi cost...and plume shot fires faster...some of the main reasons I plan on going Demon
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I plan on going Demon...Wield thunder decrease metal resistence...chromatic no longer slows you down..silent seal no damage reduction...purify no chi cost...and plume shot fires faster...some of the main reasons I plan on going Demon

Same, and for same reasons.
    Sage has its benefits, but those few demon skills really count.
    b:dirty
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Same, and for same reasons.
    Sage has its benefits, but those few demon skills really count.

Let me guess... the non-chi purify and the razor with shorter cd are the main reasons for you. :)
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I went sage, don't regret it at all. Of the skills that it is easy to aquire I think sage is better, but its a near thing really. Thats probably how the dev's desgined it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Going sage, casue I want that chi up skill b:pleased + demon fairy is fugly b:surrender
  • AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2009

with sage the seals last longer so all you have to do is take 1 sec to purify yourself and still got more time then the demon seals

if your a sage chi is no problem for purify or anything else

plume shot might cast faster but sage adds more dmg so its good against arcane classes or mag resist mobs

originally I was gonna go demon still might but I'll decide after checking the book prices and availability
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tbh, even after seeing all holy and all dark skills being used in actual game play, i still like holy more. but just for the sake of dark fury being awesome, and their -vigor skill pisses people off, i say dark is cooler b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Going sage, casue I want that chi up skill b:pleased + demon fairy is fugly b:surrender

this xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Purify last more then 1 sec, with lag its more 3-4sec, by that time i already did something else. And note every debuff has no negative side effect.
    Tho its a fact that you have more useful sage skills then demon skills in the game for the time being.
  • Gghdf - Sanctuary
    Gghdf - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Purify last more then 1 sec, with lag its more 3-4sec, by that time i already did something else. And note every debuff has no negative side effect.
    Tho its a fact that you have more useful sage skills then demon skills in the game for the time being.

good girl heres ur cookie ^^

eweryone who likes sage clerics and is goin sage gets a cookie :D
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Demon on PvP, Sage on PvE.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Demon on PvP, Sage on PvE.
    ....no.....
    good girl heres ur cookie ^^

this.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well it looks that Both r good and the vote is almost same :P ,at revive u get high rage on sage but on demon will reduc cool down
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I went sage do i get a cookie? Plus who else wants to be able to res ppl from 40 meters? thats crazy! oh and the plume shell for sage is good too. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Lol, not going sage xD.
    When (in a long future) i get to a high lv, i just want to PvP/TW.
    And for that my choice is demon. And by the time when i start playin again, who knows may be they will put more sage/demon skills.

But if i was lv89 now and had to chose, would go sage just cause you can get your skills faster.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I was going to go sage then I thought demon would be better.The only reason would be for the mana.I might go sage again or I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Meryel - Lost City
    Meryel - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi all..
    wanting to know which is better Demon or Sage

Which is better is solely up to you, how you play your character and how you want it to work. Sage is not better than Demon, nor is Demon better than Sage. It depends on your and your factions needs what you should go for. Wanna pew pew fast plume shot? Well, Demon it is then. Wanna heal a bit better? Sage.

The rest is up for you to choose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest Marshal
    --A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
  • LaTrappe - Lost City
    LaTrappe - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why do people under 89 Insist on commenting on what is better? I hope you realise both sides have thier perks and for Clerics there is no definative 'Better' choice. I happen to know effective Demon and Sage clerics.

As for myself I choose Demon, mainly because the level 99 Skills appealed more to me - Hell Stream of Rejuvination and Hell Wield Thunder are two of the best skills in the game.

Anyway, most of you brainless people will now flame this thread with -

"My opinion is more valid thatn yours QQQQ 'I iz lvl 26 clerac and i noz bout by clarss and how 2 us muh skittlez coractly! I ful atak clarac! pume sh0t ftwinz!!11!!ONE11'"

Go die in a fire.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    "My opinion is more valid thatn yours QQQQ 'I iz lvl 26 clerac and i noz bout by clarss and how 2 us muh skittlez coractly! I ful atak clarac! pume sh0t ftwinz!!11!!ONE11'"

Go die in a fire.

That's why I said that it would be actually nice to hear some opinions from people who reached that level and have experience about being a sage/demon. Numbers on ecatomb =/= usefulness in practice.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im going sage, i like the added benifits of attacks more then demon. sage clerics r more support, which is my position in the squad. purify's cooldown and casting is decreased, so what if it has a chi cost? the cooldown is short. revive has longer range, skills deal better dmg imo
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well I went demon. :D Imo demon spark is much better, and if I ever get demon Wield Thunder and Metal Mastery I think I'd be too happy for words. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2009

First gimme cookie then i go sage :O
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I went sage do i get a cookie? Plus who else wants to be able to res ppl from 40 meters? thats crazy! oh and the plume shell for sage is good too. :p

*cookie* do i get 1 too?b:sad my grandpa diedb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm not there yet, but since I started, I knew my choice would be demon.

What appeals to me:

- Demon is for PvPers and Soloers
    - Better debuffs
    - Higher crit rate
    - Faster attacks
    - More offensive cap.

Demon agrees with my build.

But for those full support clerics, Sage is the obvious choice:

- Sage is more balanced in damage
    - Better healing and buffing cap.
    - Preferred for more defense and squad players.

I guess our choice depends on our playing style, and as mentioned above, neither is better than the other. But I just can't wait to get there!

b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I chose sage for my cleric, mainly for the extra damage on plume shot, as its one of the skills I use the most
    (darn increase magic resist mobs b:chuckle) and for the extra magick attack metal mastery offers (vs. the 2% crit demon version).
    The extra healing on Ironheart is also very nice and not to forget our 2 AoE spells
    Siren's Kiss (25% chance to cast without using a spark) &
    Tempest (50% chance of casting with only 1 spark ! )

Both sides have excellent bonuses, but we can only choose one.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    ExELFine ur crazy fsc/fac doesnt exist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ExELFine ur crazy fsc/fac doesnt exist

Maybe he is the only pure FAC as cayeon suggested in the whole PWI. And i am pretty sure that doesnt exists pure FSC (it's a playstyle really impossible to play).
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think as well it depends what role you want to play in squad. You like to be pure healer? Then go for sage. You like to do more DD and assist only in healing? Then go for demon (i might be wrong tho, cause i have still 10lvls to go to decide myself b:chuckle).
    I would go for demon, but i know squads need a good healer. Which means...if i do go for demon (with fugly elf) i have to consider that i wont be much help as a sage one (rep goes down?). So i'm still thinking about it myself tho :) (still demon-elf is fugly b:surrender)
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh