Prepaid card problem - beware

Wrekless - Lost City
Wrekless - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
I bought two prepaid cards last week($20 each) used the first one and got an error message. Thinking it was an Int Explorer problem I tried the card again and it said card had been used already. Used the second card with no problems. Went to transfer Zen and found only one worked. The first card magicly disappeared. I have filled out ticket for the fix but nothing yet. They responded with a question that I answered in the original email, but I answered again anyhow. I still have not heard anything back. It's now been a week.

Has anyone else had problems with this or am I the only lucky one?

I've used the prepaid cards plenty of times before with no problems. I know they had some other problems this weekend and I have probably been pushed to low priority, but still... a week?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Wrekless - Lost City on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Moved to The Cash Shop Huddle, maybe these guys can help you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Still no response since last Thursdays courtesy, "what error message did you get again" email. So I missed out on the Jolly Jones event, and also the Platinum HP charm event, thanks PW. Thats what I call support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Still no response since last Thursdays courtesy, "what error message did you get again" email. So I missed out on the Jolly Jones event, and also the Platinum HP charm event, thanks PW. Thats what I call support.

These issues take many days to resolve as we have to do many back and forth emails with the card processor to ensure that we can resolve the issue. Please wait patiently as we get you a response. You have not received a reply to your email as of yet due to the amount of emails we have and the fact that your issue will take more than one day to complete. We are not ignoring you, just trying to help you the best we can.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Thank you for the response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    shnuggles wrote: »
    These issues take many days to resolve as we have to do many back and forth emails with the card processor to ensure that we can resolve the issue. Please wait patiently as we get you a response. You have not received a reply to your email as of yet due to the amount of emails we have and the fact that your issue will take more than one day to complete. We are not ignoring you, just trying to help you the best we can.

By many days I am assuming you mean 2 weeks cause thats how long its been now, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    OK, it's now been three weeks and no response(besides the original we are on it email). Has anyone encountered such long waits for support before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    nope, at this point i'd resubmit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Thank you, I thought about that, but I'm nervous that if I resubmit I will be pushed even further down on the queue. I'll give it another week before I resubmit. 3 weeks is a little ridiculous though. Thanks for the response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llamue - Dreamweaver
    Llamue - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I play [removed] and had something similar happen but it turned out that their zero's and their letter o's look exactly alike on the card. May not be your problem but with game cards I always try the number letter switch. If you already tried that, just iggy this advice. :) Though, I haven't used a PWI game card in soooooo long so idk if it's like [removed]; cause TARGET IN CHAMPAIGN ILLINOIS WILL NOT KEEP UP WITH THE BUYER'S MARKET. Of course now all they have are $20.00 cards. So not going there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Ussta chi zhah jatha'ur taga dossta!
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    please try to omit all names of other MMOs on this forum, thank you b:victory
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my friend got some at 7-11 and they told him "keep this reciept in case they dont work you can 8ring them 8ack". I guess this is a common issue for him to give such a warning.
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Going on 4 weeks, (Cricket chirps).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I am now at 5 weeks and still nada. Perhaps it is because of all the other trouble they are having I have been pushed to a back burner? After all they already have my money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I am now at 5 weeks and still nada. Perhaps it is because of all the other trouble they are having I have been pushed to a back burner? After all they already have my money.

what e-mail provider do you use? This sounds like a piece of the puzzle is missing here, because e-mails from 5 weeks ago have all been answered
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I use Hotmail, and I recieved the original reply from PWI

PWI reply...
    Hello, Please attempt the card that failed again and send us the error received. If the error is "Unknown Error" keep attempting until either the card completes or you receive a different error. We can continue to assist you from there.
    Perfect World Entertainment Billing

My Reply...
    "The pin entered has already been redeemed. Please enter another"

Please see message below...I entered the numbers but no zen went into my account.

Thank you

And my original ticket said...

Message: > I bought two $20 prepaid cards at Target yesterday. Tried to use the first and got an error message. Tried again and it said the card was invalid. I used the other card and it worked fine. Tried the first again and nothing. I am now short $20 or 2000 Zen.

Card #1 - ########## - Error message (I used actual numbers pn card)
    Card #2 - ########## - worked fine

Could someone please either add the 2000 zen to my account, or get me another card number to input please. I'm sure the records will show that the card was used but did not get applied to an account properly.

I am assuming that I will not get a response before the Jolly Jones event is over and I am out the $20 of event stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrekless - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Oh, by the way, issue finally resolved. Took a while but no big deal, at least they came through in the end. Thanks PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh, by the way, issue finally resolved. Took a while but no big deal, at least they came through in the end. Thanks PWI.

If you only understood the pain involved in getting these fixed..... *shudders* You are welcome. Glad we got it fixed.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    shnuggles wrote: »
    If you only understood the pain involved in getting these fixed..... *shudders* You are welcome. Glad we got it fixed.

b:chuckle Lol I can bet.... xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh