Team PvP

Options
/Groovy/ - Harshlands
/Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hello all!
Straight to the point: PvP servers in this game suffer from lack of team PvP experience for mid-levels (30-80?). Higher levels can enjoy TW but these are only once a week, and not all factions are strong enough to participate in it...

The idea is a daily event - CTF (capture the flag).
It's blatantly stolen from other MMO but since it worked there why not implement it in Perfect World?

Every 4 hours you can register for the event for a small fee. After 10 minutes you (and others) are teleported to special arena dungeon. Two teams, red and blue. Random people in every team (but game would balance classes in teams).

First, you need to make a squad with your team and wipe out strong mobs in your "base" to obtain the key to door. Mobs should be really strong, whole team can deal with 1-2 of them at most, teamwork will be a must, still high chance of dying but reward should be good - huge exp and spirit.
Once your team obtains a key, you can go to enemy base to try and steal the flag. You also have to watch out for mobs there, if their team didn't fight them off yet.

For every kill you receive a ticket, for flag captured - 2, the winning team gets a bonus of 3 tickets at the end. After the event you can exchange tickets for goodies ;]
The round lasts 20 minutes.

If you die, there's 30 seconds penalty before you can respawn in your base, or you can wait for cleric to res you. You can't drop anything if you die, gear doesn't shatter but hp/mp charms don't work. Trade and item dropping doesn't work.

There should be level caps (30-39, 40-49 etc.) so every player will have a chance to compare PvP skills against opponent their own size.

I guess it would work on PvE servers too, just for a change from endless mob killing.

What do you think?
Packs World International
Post edited by /Groovy/ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    We don't need it >.<
    lol
    Quit.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If it's a pvp event, then why would you have regular mobs? If it's going to be pvp, then make it that. Only have two bases with two teams, going at each other, attempting to get the other teams flag and take it back to base. Mobs in the base would just take away from the main focus of the event, particularly if they're so hard that even a well coordinated team of skilled players can't deal with them quickly and efficiently. Other than that, it's a decent idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Of course your "once a week" limit goes away if you win.

Also, I am pretty sure they have some other "squad" pvp events (dragon temple (once a week, on tuesday, for level 60+) and the arena (which you can do any time but I do not remember the level requirement)). They are not "capture the flag" events, but they are squad pvp events.

the arena doesn't work
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Me likey the idea of server capture the flag like thingy xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    First, thanks all for the input :)

@Fireblood: seeing as you are 80+ then probably *you* don't need it. But think about those post-30's who are hungry of PvP experience... real experience, not being a target of random PK-ing (which doesn't teach anything about PvP strategies anyway).

@Lairian: mobs would be there for three reasons - to make sure both teams will form squads and work together (integrate with random players at least a bit before facing other team), secondly to give reward to participants even if their team lose and they won't earn even a single ticket and finally, mobs are there to prevent both teams from just running for flags and farming tickets for captures.
    That's optional though, maybe you are right, developers will change the idea as they see fit anyway ;)

@Cholla: once a week is not enough, players are from different timezones so some might never participate in weekly event. If a player would be able to play 1-2 matches a day he could easily compare "how the hell I'm doing compared to other players my level?* <- main reason behind this event.

Arena would work too but as Nehemiah pointed out, it's disabled I guess :/
    And even when it wasn't - I've read that it was pricey to enter and only organised teams could participate in it, wouldn't work with random teams.
    Packs World International