Tired of being attacked..ready to fight back!

Options
memegirl2
memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Venomancer
I am a Venomancer in PVP. I was out grinding with my pet when attacked by anothers Venos pet. It was red named so I know it was sent to PK me. My question is... could I have clicked onto the attacking red named pet and have my pet attack it? Also, when a Venomancer is being attacked by another player of any class, can we click on them and attack back? Would I turn red if someone else attacks first? Thanks for any information you have to offer.
Post edited by memegirl2 on

Comments

• turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You can fight back, but you may have to play around with Protections which are accesses wih a button on the compass, to the right of the sun-faced button that opens the boutique
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    memegirl2 wrote: »
    I am a Venomancer in PVP. I was out grinding with my pet when attacked by anothers Venos pet. It was red named so I know it was sent to PK me. My question is... could I have clicked onto the attacking red named pet and have my pet attack it? Also, when a Venomancer is being attacked by another player of any class, can we click on them and attack back? Would I turn red if someone else attacks first? Thanks for any information you have to offer.

1 You can click on their pet and have your pet attack theirs.

2 Yes, you can click on AND attack another player while they are attacking you.

3 You will only get hours (change from white to pink) if you kill a white named player. However, if you do attack another player for any reason you will change from white to pink briefly even if you did not kill them. Additionally, you will change colors only briefly if you kill the other person and their name was NOT white when you attacked them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1 You can click on their pet and have your pet attack theirs.

2 Yes, you can click on AND attack another player while they are attacking you.

3 You will only get hours (change from white to pink) if you kill a white named player. However, if you do attack another player for any reason you will change from white to pink briefly even if you did not kill them. Additionally, you will change colors only briefly if you kill the other person and their name was NOT white when you attacked them.

Which is why you should probably only fight back if you think you can win. There are some who will use a weaker weapon or pet to hit you so that you cannot determine their real strength, and will switch, or use skills to kill you the moment you fight back. If you fight back, you become pink and have a higher chance of dropping items, while they remain pink when they kill you. If you don't fight back, they become red, and you have a very low chance of dropping items.

Most people don't start fights they aren't certain they can win, and will often do everything they can to attempt to make you fight back if they don't kill you outright.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Its interesting how people play tricks to get you to attack back. Great insight and information on what could be taking place. Hope others will share their attacking techniques and what to expect. At least this gives me options and to know I can attack back if I choose. Thanks very much.