No New Classes: Official Petition

Options
2»

Comments

• mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What guarantee do you have that they won't?

It is very simple. The game is out more that 1 year and is still INCOMPLETE. You can see, that they weren't able to fix it more that 1 year. You can be sure, that after adding new classes, the old one problems will be still here. Because will not be time to fix it, because new problems will come with new classes. First they should fix and complete all the game.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    4 words:

NOT ON MY SERVER

personally i think that additions of new classes suddenly and significantly long after the initial launch date always harms a game. new classes are always indended to be more appealing, which often = overpowered. some games i've played who've inserted new classes basically destroyed the established player base. one in particular made almost all original character types obsolete. so the choice was either re-roll from scratch or quit.

as for "not on my server", this could go either way, good or bad i mean, depending on how many people would leave their current server to join a new one to play this new class.

i'm against the whole idea, but if they do force this upon us, at least dont put it on my server.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mumintroll wrote: »
    It is very simple. The game is out more that 1 year and is still INCOMPLETE. You can see, that they weren't able to fix it more that 1 year. You can be sure, that after adding new classes, the old one problems will be still here. Because will not be time to fix it, because new problems will come with new classes. First they should fix and complete all the game.

and it actually doesnt work that way. look at all the new content we've gotten and all the "bugs" and annoyances that've been here from day one that they havent "fixed" yet.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm being 50/50 on this.

I want to try out these new classes. However it may in some areas such as in squading leave 2 classes out, everyone does not get buffs, etc.

Now, if the squading will be increased to hold 8 people, I'm all for it.b:victory
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mumintroll wrote: »
    EXACTLY. And lot of items in game are still missing, like mats for weapons of seven sage. Events. Also some bugs need to repair. This is more important

Many years ago I used to play another MMO which, like every MMO, had similar as well as many other problems. At that time to the community, which consisted mostly of young people with no working habits, it seemed that it'd be best if the devs wouldn't make new content for some time and would just focus on polishing of the content which had already made it into the game.

The devs, however, told us a little secret. And it's that secret that I'm gonna tell you today so you can pass it down to someone else who is rather inexperienced in company running and resource management and save them the embarrassment.

The secret is that in a company, no matter what it produces or how it produces it, there are people for everything. For example, in a company which is occupied with producing/distributing a PC game there are people who write the story or quests, there are people who script, there are people who paint, there are people who build the engine, there are people who test the ready product, there are people who check bug reports, there are people who try to clean the bugs from the bug reports, there are people who keep in touch with business partners. If we get into more detail, we can see there's different people working on different storylines, classes, GFX, etc.

All in all, everyone has their own place. If we decide to simply move workforce from one thing to another, results may be and most likely will be extremely disappointing. You can't take a writer and tell him: "Oh, what the hell, enough writing already! Come here, the folks at programming need a hand!" Actually, you can do that but you won't achieve anything as a writer will most likely not have any programming skills whatsoever. Your statement about how if we make people not work on their ideas (i.e. an expansion in this case) but send them all to clean bugs and bug cleaning efficiency will then skyrocket just doesn't deliver.

Last but not least, next time when you wanna give management classes to people who are in the business, do some reading first to avoid making fun of yourself in public.
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    and it actually doesnt work that way. look at all the new content we've gotten and all the "bugs" and annoyances that've been here from day one that they havent "fixed" yet.

Yes you have true. But I personally would welcome to finish the game first and no adding new features with new bugs. You could see it, when they added genies. Skill didn't worked as should. Also in game are still missing some important things like mats for making good weapons. (seven sage badges) I would rather see more new items or bigger map or new events.
  • Narnia - Dreamweaver
    Narnia - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wheres the option 4 im fine with adding classes to all servers ?
    chose 3.other i have no problem with new classes and welcome a change in group dynamics that will keep this game fresh for those of us high enough to appreciate the difference
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wheres the option 4 im fine with adding classes to all servers ?
    chose 3.other i have no problem with new classes and welcome a change in group dynamics that will keep this game fresh for those of us high enough to appreciate the difference

I'm not exactly against new races. I'm worried about unbalanced game. And remember my word if it happens the game became unbalanced. Because balance is very fragile and you will see it by the time. Also existing races has everything what the game need. I can see even now, that some races are more important and preferred than others.b:sad
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if you ever thought about it,
    they can give the new class a xp boost to level up faster until about lvl 70
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What guarantee do you have that they won't?

No guarantee, but there is an ominous precedent.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Have 1 of the new classes give a crit buff. ;) That'd be hawwwwwwwwwwt.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i think they should make wizzies better first b:cute

i would be ok as long as it still keeps the game balanced and dosnt make any classes obsolete

eg no magic DD/Debuff class cuz that would make wizzies obslete
  • s0uljinx87
    s0uljinx87 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hi i'm new don't know all that much, But adding to a game could not damage the game and to think such is kinda nonsense...if you don't want a new char to play with just don't play it or try it out simple and easy as that. regardless of what you all think this could not be bad. you would simply have to re-think thing's giving a new edge to the game. Might even be challenging to player's witch i like challenge's without them make's a game VERY Gray and dulling and boring

But with all do respect Regardless of what this Petition stand's for
    i can 96.76 percent sure that on your feeling's on this matter there will be a new class/race and there's nothing bad gonna happen. if anything player's that stop'ed playing might come back and the other good thing is new people would try perfect world and like the new race.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Its very interesting some players here talking about how new classes will unbalance the game considering since its existance it never had any. The developers failed miserably on that department. We have inumerous bugs and poor mechanics in some areas of this game, not to mention a single overpowered heavily bugged class with the purpose of taking money from gamers known as 'venomancer'. I bet at least 80% of those who oppose the idea of new classes play a veno.

More classes will obviously mean more bugs, however due to the clear inneficiency of the devs in fixing the many issues this game has, i believe at some point every player just throws down the towel and gos 'numb'. I dont know a single high level player that didnt already say "You know what? I stopped caring. Ill just enjoy till a better f2p game comes out". Personally i think its the right attitude. With that attitude, new content is very welcome. More bugs? Who cares! They'll never fix the old bugs or balance the game anyways. Its not 'profitable'. Lets just see some interesting stuff before we leave to another game.

New classes? Yes please.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anirudh - Lost City
    Anirudh - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lets think it this way. maybe u dont have to start over with the new class(if it is going to be released)
    Maybe you have to CONVERT your present character to the new class(-one time decision though)? b:dirty
    maybe you will get the spirit, coins on skills, etc on your present character back to put it in the new class? maybe you can exchange your gear too? b:pleased
    it would give an oppurtunity to guys who think they are weak to change themselves without any start overs? maybe THAT will make the game balanced b:victory
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    s0uljinx87 wrote: »
    Hi i'm new don't know all that much, But adding to a game could not damage the game and to think such is kinda nonsense...if you don't want a new char to play with just don't play it or try it out simple and easy as that. regardless of what you all think this could not be bad. you would simply have to re-think thing's giving a new edge to the game. Might even be challenging to player's witch i like challenge's without them make's a game VERY Gray and dulling and boring

But with all do respect Regardless of what this Petition stand's for
    i can 96.76 percent sure that on your feeling's on this matter there will be a new class/race and there's nothing bad gonna happen. if anything player's that stop'ed playing might come back and the other good thing is new people would try perfect world and like the new race.

When you will play this game for long time, you will see unbalances in game. Now you don't see anything. You can start with new race if will be better than others races. And it will be. Why should they add new race if it wouldn't be better. I think this make game even more unbalanced that is now. And what about players who playing more than year? They cannot just finish and starting again. Do you know how many time and maybe money it cost? To build their characters? For beginners is easy to start again. But very difficult for long players.
  • s0uljinx87
    s0uljinx87 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I Think people should just QQ about very little thing sound like a bunch of school girls...
This discussion has been closed.