No New Classes: Official Petition

Options
DeadFriend - Heavens Tear
DeadFriend - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I am aware there are threads discussing the matter. I believe that the evidence suggests that there is going to be a new class.

I was extremely disapointed by this. This is not a thread discussing whether or not it is true or whether it is good or bad. This is a petition that shall be formulated to combat the idea of adding another class.

So I believe that:

Another class would be bad and would only damage the game. It is not necessary or wanted.

Anyways, if you agree with this statement or a similar statement relating to the possible addition of new classes please reply with "I agree." If you believe something similar please say "I agree." and then go on to explain your theory. If you have any further ideas of why it would be bad to add more classes please also post that. Please do not post that you don't agree.

I really hope that Perfect World International does not implement more classes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by DeadFriend - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Uhm its not even confirmed that we get those classes but you already run a petition to not get them? oO
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People can be so opposed to change. New classes might be fun (if that is what will happen).

Your petition is skewed, so I guess 'Other' is my only option.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Uhm its not even confirmed that we get those classes but you already run a petition to not get them? oO

Another class code exist. so just a matter of time before its activated and used in game. dear robbb with his modifieng of files lol.

Could be fun to get em. but yeh.. dmg the game in soem part. i stay neutral until i know their skills lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I agree that there should not be any new classes.

I also agree with Myralis, it is a bit early. Although I am against it. Hmmmm maybe its better to start early, probably easier to prevent it from being added instead of trying to get it removed once it has been added.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    and do u think they will decide based on what we say in this thread ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Get over it. Many of us want variety in this game. I got tired of playing a cleric and wizard. I don't like playing a diva veno because they have boring skills and rely on pets too much. I prefer a challenging class. I'm especially looking forward to the new mage class-the psychics.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are many people who oppose having new classes/race, but there are also many people who would welcome the new classes/race should they be implemented.

If it does happen however, there's nothing you can do and like TheGoliath said, I really don't think this thread would change it, lol. Even if many people decide to quit (as if they really could anyway) just because something new is implemented (and just think, you're not forced to use it anyway), for each person that leaves, another will replace them.

b:bye

Oh, and edit: I did not vote because there was no 'I don't care what happens' option or something similar. =|
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    jaeseu wrote: »
    There are many people who oppose having new classes/race, but there are also many people who would welcome the new classes/race should they be implemented.

If it does happen however, there's nothing you can do and like TheGoliath said, I really don't think this thread would change it, lol. Even if many people decide to quit (as if they really could anyway) just because something new is implemented (and just think, you're not forced to use it anyway), for each person that leaves, another will replace them.

b:bye

She's definitely rightb:thanks
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Petition is meant to only gather supporting opinion, not to gather opposing opinion, so a petition is by definition biased. That's why petition hardly play an tide-changing role as people in power only take a slight looks on it.
    If anyone want, I think we can make a new "Petition: Petition to shutdown petition that against adding new class".
    Anyway the serious discussion is on another thread. Everyone can regard this thread as a joke or at most summary of argument on 1 point of view.
  • AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    this is the first I've heard of this, can someone send me a link or something for info?
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What's the point of compaining about "new classes are OP" when they're not even confirmed yet? Not signed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am aware there are threads discussing the matter. I believe that the evidence suggests that there is going to be a new class.

I was extremely disapointed by this. This is not a thread discussing whether or not it is true or whether it is good or bad. This is a petition that shall be formulated to combat the idea of adding another class.

So I believe that:

Another class would be bad and would only damage the game. It is not necessary or wanted.

Anyways, if you agree with this statement or a similar statement relating to the possible addition of new classes please reply with "I agree." If you believe something similar please say "I agree." and then go on to explain your theory. If you have any further ideas of why it would be bad to add more classes please also post that. Please do not post that you don't agree.

I really hope that Perfect World International does not implement more classes.

I totally dissagree with this idea.

We should have more classes.
  • mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Please don't put to the game new classes. Why? Because game became more unbalanced that is now. Just small thing like Bounty hunter already make game unbalanced, because is very hard to find somebody for other event like Rebirth,TT,Moon and so. Could you imaging what would new classes did? Balance is VERY fragile and it take looooong time to make game balanced. Because every unbalances will appear in game in long time term. Not at beginning, but by the time. So make balanced new class is very, very difficult and I don't think that they can do it.b:cry
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mumintroll wrote: »
    Please don't put to the game new classes. Why? Because game became more unbalanced that is now. Just small thing like Bounty hunter already make game unbalanced, because is very hard to find somebody for other event like Rebirth,TT,Moon and so. Could you imaging what would new classes did? Balance is VERY fragile and it take looooong time to make game balanced. Because every unbalances will appear in game in long time term. Not at beginning, but by the time. So make balanced new class is very, very difficult and I don't think that they can do it.b:cry

bh is quick and stackable, rb is for people who have many hours available per day.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Another class could potentially add balance to the game or make the game more fun. I'm pretty certain too pwi will mess up, but you still cant be certain, lets at least wait and see what happens. :/
  • ilystah
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No discussion=no intelligence involved=fail.
    Seriously, if you have ever do social science research you would know that poll is taken as light as feather, and petition is more bias than poll. 1 good argument>petition signed by 1mil people.
    Only those who actually have no way to make good argument for their opinion will have to resort to petition to make their point when there is clearly a discussion available.
    /end thread
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    bh is quick and stackable, rb is for people who have many hours available per day.

I don't know about you, but since BH started, I have big problems to find some squad for TT, or other events. Everyone is doing WQ, and BH, which takes around 3h so they don't have time for doing anything else. And this is reason, why prices of TT items(mats) went up.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    most of the people opposing to the idea, dont give logical arguments. they just expeculate of imbalance, ect.

like somebody said in another tread. if we think like the detractors of this idea.

we would only have tank, DD and cleric in game.

Let's expeculate in a positive way. Do new classes mean:

1) bigger map? yes.
    2) new mobs? probably
    3) new quests? probably
    4)new fb19 dungeon? probably
    5)new weapons? proabably
    6)squad limit increased to 8? maybe, to allow 1 of each class on squad
    7)more people coming to play pwi? for sure, as many people dont feel their game needs represented on current classes.

8) does it mean changes on dungeons? unlikely, but still posible. A big problem in this game is that in any cave, we know all the mobs that will show up and where they are too. Making the dungeon experience too static. However, if we have two new classes: one that can sneak in and see what is ahead and another class that could take control of enemies. This could help to make them appear in random locations and remove the mobs from minimap too.

This could help solve the static experience on dungeons.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I love the idea of new classes but I don't think PWI devs will put the effort into class balancing that will be necessary to implement an entire new race.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't know about you, but since BH started, I have big problems to find some squad for TT, or other events. Everyone is doing WQ, and BH, which takes around 3h so they don't have time for doing anything else. And this is reason, why prices of TT items(mats) went up.

honestly, why do you want to do TT? TT is way boring, long, dificult, you have to disiribute drops and you get crapy exps at the end.

I actually, buy my TT mats and assume that TT only make sense for venos as they solo everything and dont have to share with anyone.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    new stuff=fun :D
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    honestly, why do you want to do TT? TT is way boring, long, dificult, you have to disiribute drops and you get crapy exps at the end.

I actually, buy my TT mats and assume that TT only make sense for venos as they solo everything and dont have to share with anyone.

Ok you buying TT items. But what happen in nobody will do TT runs for same reason why you don't do it. Then from where you will buy TT items, or for what price? If we want new TT weapons, armors and so... We have to do TT runs. But nobody has time for it since BH started.
    Same happen with new races. Some other race will be no welcome anymore. I'm 83lv mage and I see it right now. I'm not very welcome for TT runs and another event, because I very often steal agro. Same destiny can meet another class, if new race make game unbalanced.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok you buying TT items. But what happen in nobody will do TT runs for same reason why you don't do it. Then from where you will buy TT items, or for what price? If we want new TT weapons, armors and so... We have to do TT runs. But nobody has time for it since BH started.
    Same happen with new races. Some other race will be no welcome anymore. I'm 83lv mage and I see it right now. I'm not very welcome for TT runs and another event, because I very often steal agro. Same destiny can meet another class, if new race make game unbalanced.

IMO, 1 of venos role is to solo TT and sale the mats.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

First of all. I believe if new races were added, the devs would do their best to insure the transition is smooth. And would depend on player feed back to improve upon what they did. With that being said. It would most likely be handled like the Genies. Only one PW would get it for testing.

Second, it doesn't take that long to do WQ or BH. You just need a good squad. BH 30 minutes. WQ, grind get coin and tele. 15-30 minutes depending on how much you tele. CS you start w/WQ turn in when WQ is done. Total time playing 1hr.

Then you grind and do TT's. And TT's don't take that long if you have a proper squad made. (I run with 3 veno's, cleric, barb; sometimes just with veno's b:pleased) 20 minutes for lower TT's an 1hr 15min. +/- 15min. for higher. Total playing time 1hr 30min max.

But now the subject of this thread has gotten off topic.

I voted other. As i don't care either way.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I find the only valid opposition's argument so far is that the devs will not put enough effort into it to balance it. Old class is not balanced so we cannot trust the devs to balance new class. And usually the devs will DELIBERATELY make it overpowered at the start so that a lot will play it and they will have a large database in short time to start balancing, and people, especially in PvP server, are going to suffer during that time.
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    First of all. I believe if new races were added, the devs would do their best to insure the transition is smooth. And would depend on player feed back to improve upon what they did. With that being said. It would most likely be handled like the Genies. Only one PW would get it for testing.

Second, it doesn't take that long to do WQ or BH. You just need a good squad. BH 30 minutes. WQ, grind get coin and tele. 15-30 minutes depending on how much you tele. CS you start w/WQ turn in when WQ is done. Total time playing 1hr.

Then you grind and do TT's. And TT's don't take that long if you have a proper squad made. (I run with 3 veno's, cleric, barb; sometimes just with veno's b:pleased) 20 minutes for lower TT's an 1hr 15min. +/- 15min. for higher. Total playing time 1hr 30min max.

But now the subject of this thread has gotten off topic.

I voted other. As i don't care either way.

Sure it is you decision. If you have more than 100K for teleporting in QW + 75K in CS + some ?K for wines BH it ok. I'm not so rich.

But keep balance in game is very fragile. With new race I don't believe, that GM will care about balancing game. They care about money. Instead of adding new races, they could add more armors, weapons, items, bigger map and so. This is more important that new race.
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    I find the only valid opposition's argument so far is that the devs will not put enough effort into it to balance it. Old class is not balanced so we cannot trust the devs to balance new class. And usually the devs will DELIBERATELY make it overpowered at the start so that a lot will play it and they will have a large database in short time to start balancing, and people, especially in PvP server, are going to suffer during that time.

EXACTLY. And lot of items in game are still missing, like mats for weapons of seven sage. Events. Also some bugs need to repair. This is more important
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    EXACTLY. And lot of items in game are still missing, like mats for weapons of seven sage. Events. Also some bugs need to repair. This is more important

Who said that because they're making new races these would be ignored? No one said you had to pick one or the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • mumintroll
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Who said that because they're making new races these would be ignored? No one said you had to pick one or the other.

Look they are unable to add it or fix it for loooong time. This should be done first. The game is incomplete. What guarantee you have that they will fix it after introduced new classes? Another bugs will come and they had to solve these problems not the old one.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Look they are unable to add it or fix it for loooong time. This should be done first. The game is incomplete. What guarantee you have that they will fix it after introduced new classes? Another bugs will come and they had to solve these problems not the old one.

What guarantee do you have that they won't?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
This discussion has been closed.