Snow Hare vs Treefrog as Magic Tank

Options
doctoryak
doctoryak Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Hey, so is a snow hare really that much worse than a treefrog? I mean the difference in price is so much u see snow hares going for like 50k+ and ive seen treefrogs go up to 300k+. I looked on their stats by lvl 90 on ecatomb and theyre stats seem really good and relatively close to each other, so why is the treefrog so expensive? And i cant afford the treefrog yet, and so i can afford a snow hare. Should i just wait up till i can get the treefrog, or should i get the snow hare and keep it. And i understand that the stats are slightly better for the treefrog but that doesnt necessarily make it a better tank does it? I mean, you have to consider skills in ur decision. Which pet has the better skills? And if the snow hare has better skills does that make up for the lack in stats? I guess what im trying 2 figure out here is which pet is the better tank. Im really lost here. Thanks in advance for your advice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by doctoryak on

Comments

• FlameShots - Harshlands
    FlameShots - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hey, so is a snow hare really that much worse than a treefrog? I mean the difference in price is so much u see snow hares going for like 50k+ and ive seen treefrogs go up to 300k+. I looked on their stats by lvl 90 on ecatomb and theyre stats seem really good and relatively close to each other, so why is the treefrog so expensive? And i cant afford the treefrog yet, and so i can afford a snow hare. Should i just wait up till i can get the treefrog, or should i get the snow hare and keep it. And i understand that the stats are slightly better for the treefrog but that doesnt necessarily make it a better tank does it? I mean, you have to consider skills in ur decision. Which pet has the better skills? And if the snow hare has better skills does that make up for the lack in stats? I guess what im trying 2 figure out here is which pet is the better tank. Im really lost here. Thanks in advance for your advice
    am no veno, but it might be cause just the tree frog looks more cool :Db:laugh
    Marshal of GIJoe b:thanks
    DD of many b:victory
    Sexy for many b:dirty
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You don't really need a magic tank, since most mobs will use physical attacks when attacked at melee range. The rare mobs that use only magic will run from a melee pet.

If you really want a "magic tank", I recommend getting an Eldergoth Marksman. By disabling his skills (right click his default skill when you summon him), he will attack at range. This forces the mixed magic/physical mobs to use only magic, and keeps the pure magic/ranged mobs from running.

The marksman also has rather high attack power, good defenses, and comes with bash level 4.
  • Ilamina - Heavens Tear
    Ilamina - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Having never used either pet, i can't give you any advice as far as that goes.

However, the price difference is because the snowhare respawns every hour, as opposed to the frog respawing only every 12.
    Think that if people put half as much effort into playing as they did QQing then they would enjoy the game regardless! b:victory
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My money is on the Snow Hare it is bunny.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The price is just supply.

Three (or sometimes two) - or even less if players kill them, frogs appear every 12 hours.

A bunny appears every hour. (And another every 12 hours, and another that seems flaky between 45mins and 2 hours)

So there's a heck of a lot more bunnies.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What about Carapest Terror - highest Mdef I know of for common pet. There is one boss - Hercule Trioc that is all magic atk. Yes, would kite for a bit but using a mag tank with skills (not marksman) may give you sufficient aggro holding and time to nuke. A frogling is NOT worth bying just for this purpose. I use my mag tank (frog but would be happy with Carapest Terror) for debuff luring using Slow for magic mobs. An Eldergoth Marksman is very handy to have so it wouldn't hurt to try: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Antelup pup has the highest MDef in game as well (well, carapest and antelup have the exact same mdef), and it comes with Howl, which is a bonus.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • perfectaugust
    perfectaugust Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The price is just supply.

Three (or sometimes two) - or even less if players kill them, frogs appear every 12 hours.

A bunny appears every hour. (And another every 12 hours, and another that seems flaky between 45mins and 2 hours)

So there's a heck of a lot more bunnies.

Hee. We all know why there are so many bunnies respawning every hour, right? :P
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Antelup pup has the highest MDef in game as well (well, carapest and antelup have the exact same mdef), and it comes with Howl, which is a bonus.

I thought that the frogling had the highest and the pup had the second or third highest?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I thought that the frogling had the highest and the pup had the second or third highest?

Check for yourself ;-)

http://perfectworld.clanfree.net/compapet.htm
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.