Item ToolTip Links to share.

shockix
shockix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
I suggest that items can be "linked". Basically you can type the EXACT name of an item into a chat box (Squad, faction, etc) and the item will appear sort of like a hyperlink (outlined in blue maybe?). If you mouse hover over this "hyperlink" it will bring up the description of the item the same as if you mouse hovered over an item in your bags or bank.

Instead of having to type the entire item out, there should also be sort of a key binding. Basically you could enter the chat box and hold the "shift" key (or another one, I just recommend the shift key) and then left click on the item and it will "link" that same exact item into the chat box (thus showing your gemed sockets, etc.).

I believe this will take a little programming and hopefully could be implemented in the near future.

This will be a nice feature to help share stats or just to show off that awesome new item that you got into faction chat ;).

There can also be limits on it to help avoid spam as well. Such limits could include:
A. Items can not be linked into World Chat
B. Only 3 items can be linked per minute.
Post edited by shockix on

Comments

• Foxmonkey - Dreamweaver
    Foxmonkey - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I really think this is a brilliant idea this would help so much with like trying to sell stuff in trade channel or world so people could see what your selling and what the stats are on it if they dont know what it is and this would make it easier to sell stuff like 3 stars and stuff
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    I really think this is a brilliant idea this would help so much with like trying to sell stuff in trade channel or world so people could see what your selling and what the stats are on it if they dont know what it is and this would make it easier to sell stuff like 3 stars and stuff

Thanks for the support!
  • Xalara - Heavens Tear
    Xalara - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Like in WoW, thats the only thing I miss...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This feature is already in Jade Dynasty. We may very well get it here.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    This feature is already in Jade Dynasty. We may very well get it here.

I hope we do!
  • shockix
    edited September 2009
    Bring Up My Post Please, looking for support. PW Staff please notice this thread!