What Skills does Cleric use for Territory Wars?

Jer - Dreamweaver
Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
What are some good and useful skills a Cleric uses for Territory War?
And what are some combos?
Post edited by Jer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Predikador - Harshlands
    Predikador - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Heal (ironheart stack) when you see someone needing.
    Attacks-Wield thunder on remote enemies to gather chi. When you have enough chi cast tempest on large groups of enemies.
    The rest of the time just stay alive.

Other skills may be used (like spark+Razor feathers on rare gatherings of robes), but these are the cleric trademark skills in TW.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It can help to have a few clerics at the base to rebuff people when they respawn after dying. It helps to have your buffs set in a macro for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • XImmortelle - Dreamweaver
    XImmortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    whats macro ._.
    n how do you stack heal?

i feel noobish now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Spam heal is when you just cast Ironheart Blessing on someone a bunch of times, because the effects of it "stack," meaning, it will heal the person faster.

A skill macro is a thing that makes more then one skill cast automatically. It works perfect for buffs. You can make one by hitting "R" on your keyboard to open your skills menu and doing the following:

Click the button that says "New"

Choose the icon for your macro (doesn't matter which)

Click and drag the skills from your "Active Skills" list into the empty boxes below your chosen macro icon

After you have all of the desired skills, click "Save" and then "Done"

You will now have a Combo Skill in your Skill Menu that can be dragged into your hotbar. I'd suggest putting it into a place with a keyboard shortcut. This can be done with attacking skills too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • XImmortelle - Dreamweaver
    XImmortelle - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    oh thanks , i didnt know about making combos ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *ω* <3333333 I love you
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wield thunder
    IHB
    tempest
    razors
    plum shell
    buffs
    plum shot
    cyclone....

lol prety much ewerything xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I am surprised no one has mentioned cleric debuffs.

Probably one of the most useful things a lowish level cleric would be able to contribute other than making sure everone is buffed.
  • hapi
    hapi Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You use most of your skills in some way, depending on your squad's role in the TW. It's probably easier to list the skills I don't use. (Note: I have both 79 skills, but only demon plume shot and demon cyclone of the higher skills.)

Your main role will probably be healing/buffing. So your most familiar healing/buffing skills are useful. I use Stream of Rejuvenation only rarely. Partly out of habit and partly because the cast time is so long, and TW tends to be laggy anyway. I use Chromatic Healing Beam more than Ironheart, unless I'm on the catapult team. Then I usually am casting ironheart on the barb with a few chromatic healings thrown in for the team. Be ready to purify your barb when he's debuffed/stunned/slept, etc. Get him buffed again ASAP.

As for buffing, you'll use the hour buffs before you go in TW, then throw the 30-min buffs as people run by once inside. Only when you are regrouping do you have the time to throw the 1-hour buffs again. If you are really pressed for time, you might use a macro that has the 30-min magic defense and physical defense buff on it (and maybe the magic attack buff) and not bother with the regen buffs. Base buffers often use this kind of macro.

You'll use all your defensive abilities trying to stay alive, since clerics are a favorite target of the enemy: Plume shell, Guardian Light, Wings of Protection, damage reduction pills, damage reduction charms, healing pots, genie skills like absolute domain, expel, badge of courage, and even holy path (to get through a group of enemy guarding the gate or to get the hell away).

Even when my job is just healing, I'll throw a Chromatic Seal on enemy BMs to prevent being stunned or on barbs pulling catapults to stop them, so the attack teams can finish them off. I'll also throw a Mo Zun's Taunt (demon skill) on a barb pulling a catapult to drain his chi so he can't turtle.

When you are on an attack team, bring lots of chi pills & attack damage charms.* You'll be assist-attacking your team mates with your usual damage spells: plume shot, great cyclone, & wield thunder. When the enemy is grouped up, pop a chi pill if your chi is low and cast tempest and razor feathers. It's great if you can coordinate this attack with team mates throwing other aoe spells. Tempest will hit any enemy in range even if they are hiding in their catapults, so just find one in the area to target and you are good.

If I'm being mobbed, I'll try to hit a Siren's Kiss. If they are taking damage from someone else, it can be enough to finish them, otherwise it's more a futile gesture. Mobbed = dead cleric.

Even when you are on the attack team, throw group heal out as you can. Group heal is really your friend, because you can have the enemy targeted but still heal your squad.

*If you plan on doing TW, I really recommend you raise your apothecary skill. The pills and charms definitely help.

Skills I don't use:
    Blessing of the Purehearted
    Wellspring Surge
    Regeneration Aura (blue ball) = big blue target that says, "Cleric is here, please attack!"
    Heaven's Wrath (red ball) -- okay, I've used this when on the crystal, but only when the other faction didn't show up. Otherwise it's a big red target, see above.
    Thunderball

Edited to add: You can use your debuff skills too, particularly on catapult pullers, but even on the enemy crystal.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What Skills does Cleric use for Territory Wars?
    Playing dead? b:cute & very realistically I must say
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ^What hapi said.
    I'll just add that no matter what role you're assigned, it's always a good idea to drop chromatic/silent seal/cyclone if you spot an enemy barb pulling a cat. Barbs are fast, the movement impairments you have will give your guildies a chance to catch up and gank them.

Otherwise, QFT without the whole quoting part xD
    b:dirty