Moderators: what about updating up the sticky "New" Suggestion Compilation thread!?

Options
Allshia - Heavens Tear
Allshia - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Last edited by aryannamage; 02-26-2009 at 07:49 AM.

last update was in feb 09, and a lot of the stuff mentioned in the list is already live.
it is not really helpful that players continue to post their suggestions here and obviously noone from the staff ever sees/evaluates/relays them.

think of this thread as a daily CS for moderators and yes, you NEED the xp from that badly b:laugh
Post edited by Allshia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, we're really busy, and updating threads like that is a lot of work (especially that particular one, as we need to make sure the suggestion isn't in there. And we have to work out where it belongs.), we just can't find the time for it. We may actually take them down sometime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kar_rak - Sanctuary
    Kar_rak - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Then you should think about bringing up some new moderators ;)
    For a true Daeva's and Nakir's Swords! Sign at the post!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What, just to take care of those threads? We have different criteria to choose mods on =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allshia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    What, just to take care of those threads? We have different criteria to choose mods on =P

honestly, this sounds rather disappointing, like "who cares about this thread anyway". I agree on that it's quite some work, but i think some of the suggestions can make PWI much more enjoyable for the players. And people do care about that thread which is proven by the hundreds of posts there. And to look after that once or twice a month shouldn't be too hard.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    honestly, this sounds rather disappointing, like "who cares about this thread anyway". I agree on that it's quite some work, but i think some of the suggestions can make PWI much more enjoyable for the players. And people do care about that thread which is proven by the hundreds of posts there. And to look after that once or twice a month shouldn't be too hard.

Ok....I ask you this: Have you ever been a Forum Mod?

If you have not then you have no idea how time consuming it can be. I Mod several forums (on top of being active in this one) and I can tell you it is not always "easy" like some people think it is.

If you are talking about that particular thread, many of those suggestions have been said over and over and over again. Also, some of them have been implemented in the game.

Would you want to read through every single response, weed out the ones in game now or repeated, then move and merge the comments to a new thread?

You may say yes, but keep in mind that is several hours of work.

I am sorry, but go mod a forum with thousands of users and then come tell me this would be easy...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Allshia - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok....I ask you this: Have you ever been a Forum Mod?

Yes i did. I hosted and moderated 2 forums for my former guild in other mmogs. Well, i didn't have thousands of users but several hundreds.
    Would you want to read through every single response, weed out the ones in game now or repeated, then move and merge the comments to a new thread?

That's exactly what i was talking about. This kind of thread needs to be taken care of. If you start this kind of thread and then let it die, for me as a player it's not encouraging to add my comment here having in mind that noone from the staff will ever read it. In my opinion this is a quite important thread and an interface to the creators of this game.

Well, enough of this. I think i made my point clear. Maybe in the future some moderator will take a pity on this thread and clean it up.
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You could set a new usergroup for the forums (Volunteers) and give them read/write/edit privilages but not delete. OR make their permissions variables set ONLY for specific threads or catagories. Give them priority over regular users when using the report feature (Since we are not giving them delete privilages) if they needed it in emergencies (Such as multiple spam threads)

Thats not difficult at all. And neither is moderating a forum. Even at the level of several thousand posts a day when you cut that down between moderators and "volunteers" with specific moderating responsibilities.

Just some food for though.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • Sharksfire - Heavens Tear
    Sharksfire - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I actually had to read this twice.

Players suggestions and ideas should be a huge priority. Yes a mod JUST to take care of those threads. Just to take care of the people that play this game. Just to see that our ideas are heard and that we stay happy campers.

If not....what is the point of this forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Taken from recent post answer a question with a question about panties or something:
    Will you answer no to Wicked's question? (I had to do it)

Ok I realize Mods are volunteers and dont get paid and all, but maybe a little time management is in order for our suggestion box?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Rest assured that the thread is read by the people who should read it. Yes, every post. We're just too busy to keep the original post updated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Rest assured that the thread is read by the people who should read it. Yes, every post. We're just too busy to keep the original post updated.

Indeed. For the last 6 months everytime I work on it or want to something comes in between. As to getting more Mods in... well Spoons is picky! Give us someone who will get through his pickyness and you can bet I will be the first to bother him about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Thanks much for clearing that up!

The way i read it was - the thread might be closed and we just dont have time to bother.

Thats why I did a doubletake and got all crabby, maybe we're spoiled but you usually take real good care of us and I was like wth?

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Btw, about me posting on some offtopic threads - that's just when I have a little break somewhere, or just pass by the threads while doing the rest of the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]