going to make an archer.

WhiteTaz - Heavens Tear
WhiteTaz - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
Hiya guys, im going to make an archer which will be used for PvE cuz 1, i dont pvp (very very rarely i have pvped in other mmorpgs) and 2 i play on heavens tear so yeah..
anyways since im going to play PvE mostly im just wondering if following Annor's archer guide is good for my skills? im going pure build (the one with 1str 4dex each lvl) also im going to use bows (probably)
Post edited by WhiteTaz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes, her guide is good for your purposes.

It is good for most purposes.

Glad to see a new beginner that actually reads guides.
  • WhiteTaz - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Okey thanks, i will use that guide then.

hehe yeah i always tend to read guides for a class im going to play (if needed) and only post threads for help if i really cant find it in the forums :P
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Go full arcane
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Go full arcane
    Use wands over magic swords whenever possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
    edited August 2009
    Go full arcane
    Use wands over magic swords whenever possible.

Eh? o.O now why would i use arcane armors? and wands/magic swords... im going to make an archer not a veno >.<
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Arcane armor makes you a deadly ninja.

Just trust me and go full arcane.
    edited August 2009
    Arcane armor makes you a deadly ninja.

Just trust me and go full arcane.

something tells me i shouldnt trust you >.> give me a believeble reason for it, then we'll talk..
  • KrazyzViet - Dreamweaver
    KrazyzViet - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    they are telling the truth!! arcane eats mobs b:victory
    /sarcasm
    edited August 2009
    Sarcasm... (just as i thought, he wasnt serious) i know im quite new to the game but really, a archer using arcane armor? makes no sense at all haha
    they are telling the truth!! arcane eats mobs b:victory

/sarcasm

lol'ed at that xD
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hiya guys, im going to make an archer which will be used for PvE cuz 1, i dont pvp (very very rarely i have pvped in other mmorpgs) and 2 i play on heavens tear so yeah..
    anyways since im going to play PvE mostly im just wondering if following Annor's archer guide is good for my skills? im going pure build (the one with 1str 4dex each lvl) also im going to use bows (probably)

For PvE, you really, really should use slingshots, as you will mostly be using normal attacks against regular mobs and slings have the highest speed and most consistent damage.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Im being totally srs bzness here.

If you go full arcane then at lvl 60+ when EVERY mob does mag dmg you will be able to go all day and barely take any damage.

Plus you will **** mages/clerics in PvP.

Arcane all the way.
    edited August 2009
    thats what i heard from my best friend too that slingshots are one of the best archer weapons.. its just that to me slingshots sounds lame, heck i dont even know what they look like and bows looks the coolest xD

its the same with bms, many people have told me that i shouldnt gone fist/claw user with with my bm but i did because i love how they look and its more me ^^
    edited August 2009

If you go full arcane then at lvl 60+ when EVERY mob does mag dmg you will be able to go all day and barely take any damage.

Arcane all the way.

60+... i have just made my archer which is lvl 1 and it takes a while to get there...

also.. i dont pvp..
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    thats what i heard from my best friend too that slingshots are one of the best archer weapons.. its just that to me slingshots sounds lame, heck i dont even know what they look like and bows looks the coolest xD

its the same with bms, many people have told me that i shouldnt gone fist/claw user with with my bm but i did because i love how they look and its more me ^^

The thing is, slingshots are far more effective than bows. Generally, people use crossbows for the high damage in PvP, whereas in PvE slingshots rule, leaving bows as the medium option that is mediocre in both.

And besides, if you go with the rule of cool, you're going to need some fashion a.s.a.p. or use matching armor sets.

Slingshots are not "some of the best", they are THE BEST in PvE. They come with naturally more consistent damage and higher speed, making them optimal for normal attacks, which is what you'll mostly be using in PvE.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited August 2009
    The thing is, slingshots are far more effective than bows. Generally, people use crossbows for the high damage in PvP, whereas in PvE slingshots rule, leaving bows as the medium option that is mediocre in both.

And besides, if you go with the rule of cool, you're going to need some fashion a.s.a.p. or use matching armor sets.

Slingshots are not "some of the best", they are THE BEST in PvE. They come with naturally more consistent damage and higher speed, making them optimal for normal attacks, which is what you'll mostly be using in PvE.

is there anyway you could show me what slingshots look like? i've tried looking but didnt find anything... maybe slingsshots is the best for PvE archers but it sounds so lame/silly for an archer to use a slingshot lol and you say bows are mediocre in both pvp and pve.. well im happy with mediocre
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    is there anyway you could show me what slingshots look like? i've tried looking but didnt find anything... maybe slingsshots is the best for PvE archers but it sounds so lame/silly for an archer to use a slingshot lol and you say bows are mediocre in both pvp and pve.. well im happy with mediocre

Some screenshots of slings. Just click the name and if there is a screenshot attached, it will open.

edited August 2009
    Some screenshots of slings. Just click the name and if there is a screenshot attached, it will open.

thanks for showing me, they dont look as silly as it sounds haha... i might use them actually xD
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Use claws. It helps for when whatever your fighting gets to close distance.
    edited August 2009
    Use claws. It helps for when whatever your fighting gets to close distance.

you're the wierdest archer i've ever meet in any online games =O
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    magic mobs are more common higher lvl and this to my archer character is becoming more and more apparently true >.>

raise p.def on yer ornaments and belts get a bm friend to give you their defense buff and u can solo most stuff np

btw i has 11 vit and 272 dex so hp is a joke ><
    but the crit's are not ^^
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lot of bullsh*t

What are you? Scared of competition?
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Im being totally srs here.

Do what I said and you will be supa pro.
  • drsteffo
    drsteffo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ...is very good! Follow it and you will be fine. Also check the link to the weapon's guide. Use whatever weapon is best and affordable at your current level. It's not like you always have to use slings. I didn't use them much until lv 69 when I got Wind and clouds which is not expensive and still great for grinding now at lv 80. If it's more important for you to look cool than to have the best weapon that will get you faster money and exp thats up to you of course, but if I see a lv 70ish archer who uses any other weapon when grinding I don't find it cool, just a bit irrational.
  • Wyiana - Heavens Tear
    Wyiana - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The worst thing about kid's jokes is they don't know when to stop b:chuckle
  • Werebeasts - Sanctuary
    Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Arcane all the way.

why would you do that when LA has alf and half of both? lol
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Have you seen a high level arcane archer?

They **** in PvP at any level.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sarcasm... (just as i thought, he wasnt serious) i know im quite new to the game but really, a archer using arcane armor? makes no sense at all haha

I did that with mine as I thought the LA was HA when I did the quest to get it from the Elder on my Cleric.You had 2 choices HA or Arcane with cleric when I made mine up.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.