Whats better for pvp? Mountain's Seize or Blace Ice Dragon?

Options
demans
demans Posts: 51 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
im a lv 85 wizard, nearly every skill i have is maxed out except for my 2 spark AoEs, and i was wonderin which is better in pvp? the Black Ice Dragon does a little bit mroe damge, but the Mountain's Siege stuns for 6 secs with a 95% chance of happening 0.0 and considerin wiz only have 2 real stuns (FoW and Sofonic Whisper) was kinda leanin to maxin Mountain first. Has anyone used 2 spark AoEs much in pvp and have a lot of knowlegde on their effectivness? if So, plz let me no which one is overall better for pvp plz, ty for any advice
Post edited by demans on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    eventually you'll have to max all 3. mountain's seize is really great but 5 seconds channel is like forever... for TW and mass pking it can only be used with sutra. even the other 2 AOE attacks give a huge window for someone to sleep/stun/interrupt you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    blade tempest better for pvp imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • demans
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well for now lets say which s better for sneak attack pvp where im a white name gonna att a red name from behind,
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    max both
    BT to 5-7

end of story
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • demans
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok, i only haven enough spirt and coin to max 1 of em out atm, which one is better for killin soemone when they dont no ur gonna hit em?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Get BT to a decent level first, then pick one of the two others and max it. Which? Up to you. I picked Dragon and I never regret it.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You'll get all 3 eventually, if you don't, you're bad.
    Depends on what you like though, in terms of maxing first. Tempest is the best ulti early on. I use MS as a support skill, and dragon as a killer.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demans
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ya i plan on maxin all of em, just wanna no which one better to max out first in 1 on 1 pk when target doesnt no ur gonna att lol
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Unless you're attempting to bypass a hiero sutra > ultis in 1v1 pvp.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demans
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol ya but at 89+ i get 3 sparks 99 chi and can use an ulti and sutra....
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Unless you're attempting to bypass a hiero sutra > ultis in 1v1 pvp.
    Or just oneshotting people
    demans wrote: »
    lol ya but at 89+ i get 3 sparks 99 chi and can use an ulti and sutra....
    Honestly, I have never used this in real pvp. You blink around a lot, so getting that much chi is nearly impossible to begin with, if you're taking the fight seriously. I'm sure if you tried you could do this, but you'll hardly ever -need- it. Don't base your decision on a skill combination which will only be used once a week.

Personally I don't like the casting time on Mountain Seize in normal situations. I fire off Dragons left and right, it's easy enough.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mountain's Seize
    Channel 5.0 second
    Cast 1.4 second

Black Ice Dragon Strike
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.6 seconds

Blade Tempest
    Channel 4.0 seconds
    Cast 1.8 seconds

If you are going to use Sutra in combination with an ultimate, then Mountain's Seize is the one that's going to benefit the most from no channeling.

Also, a 95% chance to stun all enemies for 6.0 seconds in PvP is an incredible advantage. No need to kite about if they are sitting ducks for that long.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Blade Tempest. Nothing is funnier in PW than dropping to the ground and flattening a zhen party.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mountain seize works best for a lower level mage. If you are a higher level going with tempest or dragon works better. This is because tempest and dragon are for killing, and if you are a low level then your chances are your target will not die from it. Me, I rarely use mountain seize because I can kill just about anyone with my tempest or dragon, depending on their armor type. There's no point in one second longer channeling for a stun that won't be needed because they die anyways.
  • Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It all depends on the situation. For example, if i was 1v1'in a heavy and I know that all his stuns are on cool down, I would sutra BIDS after thier heiro tick. Now, on the flip side, If i know he has stuns up, I would use sutra MS instead for the 6 second stun preventing him from stunning/interrupting my sutra combo.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mountain seize works best for a lower level mage. If you are a higher level going with tempest or dragon works better. This is because tempest and dragon are for killing, and if you are a low level then your chances are your target will not die from it. Me, I rarely use mountain seize because I can kill just about anyone with my tempest or dragon, depending on their armor type. There's no point in one second longer channeling for a stun that won't be needed because they die anyways.
    It all depends on the situation. For example, if i was 1v1'in a heavy and I know that all his stuns are on cool down, I would sutra BIDS after thier heiro tick. Now, on the flip side, If i know he has stuns up, I would use sutra MS instead for the 6 second stun preventing him from stunning/interrupting my sutra combo.

listen to them they know what they are talking about b:thanks
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze