New to game and hoping for some dialogue about factions.

Agony_Anne - Dreamweaver
Agony_Anne - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Guild Banter
Hi there all.b:bye especially those on my Dreamweaver server.

The end of the post is still a valid question I have about how to find people ingame.

I thank you for the replies Crazed and Lenora. I've chosen to join the Kinetic Faction. For others looking for faction they are a nice group of all levels and ages. (there are many the age 20 avg range and a couple under 16..but there are a plenty of older folks as well. Everyone is pretty active and play the game to play and have fun and enjoy our "accomplishments".)

question:
I come to PWI after a 9 year stint of Everquest. When we were curious about online membership of guilds, we'd be able to type" /who all "guild-name"". That would show a list in chat window of all those members of a particular guild were online at the time. Is there a way to search out factions or people that are online at the time and NOT near you to click on and "player info" to? For example when I meet someone really cool to play the game with, I've added about 10 folks I think now, I would like to be able to see if they have a few more members on to "peek" at membership list to see if any names ring a bell.

I'd love to be able to search "who all XXX-faction" or something nifty like that. I understand with Territory War's that might be a crappy feature. Much easier to plan out a raid on a territory if ya know their numbers aren't high enough at a given time I suppose (This is coming from someone grasping at straws and really has no clue at all about TW's workings/timings. I have not thought that far ahead yet.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So long as they don't get violent, I want to let everyone say what they wish,
for I myself have always said exactly what pleased me. --Albert Einstein

_
Post edited by Agony_Anne - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• CrazedToo - Dreamweaver
    CrazedToo - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hi there, 1st I hope you're enjoying your time in Perfect World.

2nd, I am a Marshal for Kinetic. We're a lvl 2 faction on the Dreamweaver server. We range in level from 19-70s. We are a very active faction with helpful members. We are able to assist in FBs, BH, bosses, and anything in general b:laugh.
    If you would like to know more about us, you can either pm me in game (CrazedToo) or visit our website kinetic.co.nr.

Hope to hear from you!
  • Lenora_Pyre - Dreamweaver
    Lenora_Pyre - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Agony Anne,

I'm leading a new and tiny faction called Harlequin in Dreamweaver. We may not be what you're looking for, but I just wanted to say good for you for posting this. I tried to reach out for an existing faction and it didn't work out for me. *laughs* Got pretty frustrated. For example...once, in Archosaur...

Lenora_Pyre: I'm looking for a mature, social, PvE-oriented faction. Is there such a thing around here?
    (Random Player): join us
    Lenora_Pyre: Does your faction fit that criteria?
    (Random Player): whatz criteria?
    Lenora_Pyre: Think you just answered my question.

Ahem...anyway. Just in case you were interested, we're a small (only five, but we're new, mind you.) faction, in our twenties and thirties. I'm an uber-geek myself. Been playing video games since I was wee. We're more PvE geared 'cause we just love to play the game and BS with eachother in Faction Chat. Three of us play most nights, two only get to play on their nights off. Men are also a minority right now. Dunno how that happened. O.o We're mainly late-nighters, also.

We may not be what you're looking for because we're pretty casual. If we could, we'd all be on a lot more often and progress a lot faster, but alas, it cannot be. But our main goal is to find well-spoken folks who get our sense of humor. If you're looking for constant challenge, you'll want a bigger group.

We have a forum, also. It looks dead, but it's checked on daily. Hard to make it look busy with five members. XD It's at. http://harlequinpwi.shutterfly.com

And as far as your question about getting a sneak-peek into factions, I don't think there's much you can do. The attitude around here seems to be "join first, ask questions later." I don't know how many times I've been given blank...stares, I guess...for asking questions about the age of the group and activity level before I join or immediately after.

I really do hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck. ^_^
    Eloquence is sexy. Learn to type!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agony_Anne - Dreamweaver
    Agony_Anne - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lenora Pyre,

Feel free to add me to friends list. I will do the same. I've already joined Kinetic, but I am always happy to be with good company when I would otherwise be solo. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So long as they don't get violent, I want to let everyone say what they wish,
    for I myself have always said exactly what pleased me. --Albert Einstein

_
  • Lenora_Pyre - Dreamweaver
    Lenora_Pyre - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe I will, dahling. ^_-
    Eloquence is sexy. Learn to type!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]