Wizard LA vs Arcane

PrinceYuki - Sanctuary
PrinceYuki - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
im a pure arcane wizard, and i love the huge damage i dish out. but i want to pk and do tw without dying so im thinking i want to go LA. but i hear thats a huge dmg loss. so what should i do? is it worth going LA when i cant hit enough to 1 hit people unless i crit?

what would be really helpful is know the damage difference between LA and AA(arcane armor). i read Pandora's guide, and he states the differenc in dmg is little, but when i discuss it with people they say thats rubish and the diff in dmg is much bigger. so please share what you know with me in this thread, thank you b:bye
Post edited by PrinceYuki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    pwcalc.ru

find out exactly how much matk difference you have between the two.

As you level the amount of damage increases exponentially, so most people restat at 90.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • PrinceYuki - Sanctuary
    PrinceYuki - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    pwcalc.ru

find out exactly how much matk difference you have between the two.

As you level the amount of damage increases exponentially, so most people restat at 90.

ill check that site thnx :) and restating at level 90 sounds like a good idea.
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm LA b:laugh
    I think you misread Pandora's guide. It said the damage difference is large in PVE
    but because PVP damage is reduced by 75%, the difference becomes quite small.

TBH you're on a pve server, so you're better off with arcane, seeing as LA is for surviving slightly longer in pk / ganks etc.
    Late game almost everyone goes arcane because after a point, physical defence has diminishing returns (eg. 1000 physical def could only equal 2-3% damage reduction) and damage difference isn't worth it.

Also some of my friends who restatted from arcane to LA missed their huge damage and so went back to arcane. They dont mind being oneshotted by archers 10 lvls below. b:chuckle
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous