agro nerfed

Options
Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
ok i lost agro for a sec several times now and it was against barbs in human form and bms of my own level while i was tanking this is really weird as i keep agro from level 80 DD classes without any problem so whats wrong with the whole agro setting
its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
Post edited by Barbariankev - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The DD got stronger.
    Quit.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The DD got stronger.

did you even read my whole post i kept agro from the DDs
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    did you even read my whole post i kept agro from the DDs
    Ya, i meant those 80 DD's are now stronger b:laugh
    Quit.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BMs and such learn (often quite painfully) how to avoid drawing Aggro.

Barbs, because they almost always WANT the Aggro, never seem to.

So those rare times when they don't want aggro, they keep spammin the skills, and end up with it.

Would be my guess.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    not a mistery that BMs (but barbs ? lol) can steal aggro better than archers or wizards cuz of their attack rate (pole and swords bms can aggro really good trust me) but were u fighting mobs or [?] bosses ? cuz against mobs it isn't rare to lose aggro to bms or barbs in human form but against [?] bosses is stupid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well i lost it at fb bosses and not in TT it happened on quanji with the barb
    and at fb69 with bms

edited August 2009
    Options
    it happens dude, u have to understand that mobs and [?] bosses are very different for us barbs, a [?] boss is a joke to aggro, I can spam 5 flesh realm and go afk all fight

but a mob or a boss without the 75% damage reduction is harder to aggro and u have to spam more flesh realms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok i lost agro for a sec several times now and it was against barbs in human form and bms of my own level while i was tanking this is really weird as i keep agro from level 80 DD classes without any problem so whats wrong with the whole agro setting

Only thing I can think of is that new blessing.. I hit harder with it and have to stop from time to time on some bosses. Before the blessing it was just nuke nuke nuke.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it happens dude, u have to understand that mobs and [?] bosses are very different for us barbs, a [?] boss is a joke to aggro, I can spam 5 flesh realm and go afk all fight

but a mob or a boss without the 75% damage reduction is harder to aggro and u have to spam more flesh realms

As a veno, I have to ask all barbs to please not do this. You won't keep aggro against our pets.
  • ajgg1
    ajgg1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    As a veno, I have to ask all barbs to please not do this. You won't keep aggro against our pets.

then be smart, turn off your pet's skills b:bye

and if that dont work, go ahead and store the pet entirely b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andzero - Heavens Tear
    Andzero - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A pet might not be a big DD, but it's still useful as a quasi- member of the team... no need to sacrifice the skills or versitility of the pet if the barb does his job correctly.

and that's no offense to barbs; I would just refuse to compromise around any member of the team that cant operate in their role. They should learn to work with us, not have us work around them.
  • iambank
    iambank Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    These days I've been playing barb to tank some fb's for bh but usually I play a 90 veno. Even when I use a bunch of agro skills on a barb, my cleric friend still ends up stealing agro and I think it's because of the blessing.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Some barbs tend to overlook this fact, but Penetrate Armor is an agro skill. Any barb DD'ing should avoid its use entirely.
    Not sure what the BM's situation might have been, but they have certain agro skills as well, and a lucky crit can always muddle things at the wrong moment.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They should learn to work with us, not have us work around them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in a party venoms are just lurers... Of course with an herc you can hold aggro of mobs on if something blows up but other than that... how are we supposed to work around venos???? --'
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a pet with skills off can't steal me aggro, never happened and never will happen
    A pet might not be a big DD, but it's still useful as a quasi- member of the team... no need to sacrifice the skills or versitility of the pet if the barb does his job correctly.

and that's no offense to barbs; I would just refuse to compromise around any member of the team that cant operate in their role. They should learn to work with us, not have us work around them.
    pet skills sucks I don't see the point to compromise the tank and make his life harder just for the sake of doing a very small debuff or damage

u obiovusly are a newb so I won't troll u for this time, just think twice before post

Edit: except flesh ream ofc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Some barbs tend to overlook this fact, but Penetrate Armor is an agro skill. Any barb DD'ing should avoid its use entirely.
    Not sure what the BM's situation might have been, but they have certain agro skills as well, and a lucky crit can always muddle things at the wrong moment.

Quoted from thuth this is what happen to you.

I used to spam penetrate armour and sometimes I agroed the boss. Its more easy for a barb in human form to get agro than a BM due to penetrate armour spam.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I saw barbs on my server tanking AE in TT 2-3 in human form aggroing it with penetrate armors spam xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajgg1
    ajgg1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Quoted from thuth this is what happen to you.

I used to spam penetrate armour and sometimes I agroed the boss. Its more easy for a barb in human form to get agro than a BM due to penetrate armour spam.

put bluntly, youre both right in a way... however...

penetrate armor = FAIL aggro... if a humeform barb steals aggro from a trueform barb (that's spamming FR like is supposed to), then that trueform barb needs to reroll, or quit the game

the humeform skill barbs need to ****ing stop using when trueform barbs are trying to tank is Firestorm... now THATS a skill that draws some MASSIVE hatred from mobs
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in a party venoms are just lurers... Of course with an herc you can hold aggro of mobs on if something blows up but other than that... how are we supposed to work around venos???? --'

i know all the venos are gonna get all butthurt over this, but yea, in a REAL party, this is our purpose, in addition to gimped DD

i b:heart my class b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ajgg1 wrote: »
    put bluntly, youre both right in a way... however...

penetrate armor = FAIL aggro... if a humeform barb steals aggro from a trueform barb (that's spamming FR like is supposed to), then that trueform barb needs to reroll, or quit the game

the humeform skill barbs need to ****ing stop using when trueform barbs are trying to tank is Firestorm... now THATS a skill that draws some MASSIVE hatred from mobs
    Firestorm ? LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Whats the easy way out?
    Well...Let the damn barb spam some fleash reams/ attacks BEFORE you start attacking the boss...

I remember once in tt 2-3, we where about to do the ape boss...I barely managed to do 1 fleash ream to the boss when a rambo BM casted Demon spark + Heavens Flame. Quess what? He took aggro! Cleric was afk spamming ironheart on me... The result? A dead bm b:victory

When i tank bosses in a team with high lvl DDs, i sometimes use Demon spark to help me keep my damage to the boss high between fleash reams, that requires some chi pots but buhb:surrender

So...to be safe, solo attack the boss as long as you feel is needed, spam fleash reams - Devours and then let the whole team start their job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    All I'm asking is that the barb not "Throw a couple of aggro skills and then go watch TV or something"

Is that really unreasonable?
    edited August 2009
    Options
    All I'm asking is that the barb not "Throw a couple of aggro skills and then go watch TV or something"

Is that really unreasonable?
    If I can why not ?

I did it a lot of times and no1 died
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Wrong on all accounts.

A veno pet is THE BEST DD when it comes to ? bosses. If you're tanking the boss naturally you'll want your pet to generate as much aggro as possible and thus have skills on.

If you're not tanking however, you should have your pet out, with skills turned off; while amping, dding and passing sparks.

So in a nutshell, it's YOU who has to adjust to squad settings, NOT the other way around. It's IMPOSSIBLE for a barb to keep aggro on a ? boss versus a pet using aggro skills.

If you're incapable of doing that, and your pet is stealing aggro every 5 minutes and you waste more time ressing your pet than doing the above, or better yet stow the pet altogether, you pretty much earn yourself a place on do-not-party-ever-again list.

Don't get me wrong, I love venos, I have one myself and heck I refuse to do a TT run without one or two. Granted, they're expected to know their role, and a good majority of them is a wonderful addition to any squad.
    Then there's venos like you who turn a normal TT run into a frustrating nightmare.
    b:dirty
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That pet is going to be able to do a lot less damage if the barb won't use some aggro generating skills, though.

I agree, if I go all out with a DPS pet using all four slots for bash variants - you're not gonna hold aggro against that.

So you want me to use a pet that hits softly?

But it's better for everyone if I use a moderately damaging pet, and the barb does use some aggro skills. That way we all do more damage.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That pet is going to be able to do a lot less damage if the barb won't use some aggro generating skills, though.

I agree, if I go all out with a DPS pet using all four slots for bash variants - you're not gonna hold aggro against that.

So you want me to use a pet that hits softly?

But it's better for everyone if I use a moderately damaging pet, and the barb does use some aggro skills. That way we all do more damage.

I wasn't talking about going all out with a DPS pet or having a lazy barb.
    A DPS pet, like a scorpion for instance, steals aggro even when using normal attacks only. It can't be helped, the barb can spam flesh ream 24/7 and he'll still lose aggro to a same and even slightly lower level scorp.

A low/moderate DD pet however won't. Take a herc, golem and a kowlin for instance, as most common representatives. If the first two have bash active, and the kowlin has flesh ream active (just the one default aggro skill, not spamming 4 different aggro skills), they're still going to steal aggro from the barb, no matter how good he may be. However, if you turn the skills off, all 3 can attack constantly, providing some serious DPS without the fear of stealing aggro.

In turn, the veno is free to amp/purge/dd/pass sparks/have bbq instead of ressing the pet every few minutes or getting sick of ressing it and just leave it dead prolonging the fight for a good while.
    Likewise, the barb can jam flesh ream key and go watch tv/youtube/play with himself without fear of losing aggro.
    b:dirty