Some Files not Deleteable!!! WTH!!!

FlyingDutchi - Sanctuary
FlyingDutchi - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
Hi all,

I'm having some problems on my old computer. I dowloaded PWi and I enjoy it very much. But now I've got a new computer b:victory and my dad gets the old one. So I tried to clean up the whole **** and PWi too. But when I get to folder PWi is located in, the computer is loading and loading and loading and never stops loading... How can I get it off the computer?
(I will start playing again when I'm shure it won't happen again...)

Thanks.
Post edited by FlyingDutchi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well thats odd, did you try a reboot then retrying to delete? You could also delete it from the control panel OR you could not go INTO the pwi folder and just delete it from where it lies.
    Quit.
  • dogmatix
    dogmatix Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like a typical Windows problem on an older PC which hasn't been reformatted in a while. This has nothing to do with Perfect World specifically. It's best practice to uninstall the game properly from the control panel -> Add/Remove Programs or Programs & Features depending on whether you are running XP or Vista. If you can't, you can delete the folder if you like to free up space but like I said, not best practice. Reboot the computer and hit the F8 key just before the Windows logo comes up (hitting it repeatedly wont damage anything) and select Safe Mode. Once your in safe mode, deleting the folder wont be a problem.
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's a program called Unlocker which can delete files off of your PC forcibly.

Download it, right click and select unlocker then delete.

Be very very careful how you use this and please have mercy keep it away from your system files.

By the way, even safe-mode cannot remove locked down files. Thats why geek gods invented unlocker.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • FlyingDutchi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    cloezy1 wrote: »
    There's a program called Unlocker which can delete files off of your PC forcibly.

Download it, right click and select unlocker then delete.

Be very very careful how you use this and please have mercy keep it away from your system files.

Where would you recommend me to install the program Unlocker?
  • cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just use the default installation.

Once you install it, right click on any file, select unlocker, and then use the unlocker window to delete the file.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • FlyingDutchi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Thanks all for your help, I deleted it well and I'm playing on my new computer nowb:pleased
This discussion has been closed.