Should Factions Have a Limited Amount of Territories?

Tokztero - Dreamweaver
Tokztero - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
i was thinking that factions/clans should have a limited amount of territories since people keep complaining that 1 or 2 clans control everything. but with having only certain amount of territories. what would TW do if you already maxed out the amount you can have?
well i was thinking if a clan has their max cap of territories. should they go against another territory. it should weaken their benefits of that territory making it weaker until that clan can make up enough money or what ever to build up what they lost.
this is just and idea i thought of and if you people have any new ideas or feedback please feel free to share.
Post edited by Tokztero - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Spektor - Lost City
    Spektor - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i was thinking that factions/clans should have a limited amount of territories since people keep complaining that 1 or 2 clans control everything. but with having only certain amount of territories. what would TW do if you already maxed out the amount you can have?
    well i was thinking if a clan has their max cap of territories. should they go against another territory. it should weaken their benefits of that territory making it weaker until that clan can make up enough money or what ever to build up what they lost.
    this is just and idea i thought of and if you people have any new ideas or feedback please feel free to share.

Nah, just let ppl complain about it. I mean, if you dont want one faction to control an entire map (on lost city conqueror controls mostly everything) then get into another promising TW faction and help them out in TW to win some stuff. Or, build up your own faction and try and win something. Thats the whole point of TW, who's better and who isnt. If one faction is controlling everything, thats cuz they have the best people. It doesnt matter if they're farming lvl 90's left and right, that should be a push for people to level up and kick some ****. I mean, dont complain just because another faction has more 9x's than your faction. What just makes me laugh is ppl get so upset about one faction controling everything. So you lose a TW to someone from that faction, BIG Fb:chuckleING DEAL, this is a game, stop complaining about it and join another promising faction, or if your ego really needs a boost, then join said controling faction.
  • czakalaka
    czakalaka Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    NO LIMITS!
    Just reset TW map every 6 months, Its enought
  • Tokztero - Dreamweaver
    Tokztero - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    a reset would be nice.
    i was just thinking of a way to kind of balance out the way TW works.
    but no matter what there is a big chance that faction will gain all their territory back.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    NO LIMITSb:angry
    Server domination is awesomeb:thanks
    Quit.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    NO! CQ controls everything and it will stay that way forever.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • czakalaka
    czakalaka Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    noob guilds like Kingdom from Harshland i see.

Full of noobs who are only war meat inside and think they are the best, game going to be mega boring with 1 dominate guildb:worried
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nah I think resets are dumb (takes away all the work basically) and if you were trying to take over the world would you be limited to a few countries? CQ will fall victim to the same thing every empire ever has...time. People will catch their levels and it will just cycle itself with someone else. Yay cycles that have been happening for millenia.

P.S. My idea is to make there be up to 4 defenses a week. Think about it 200/3=~66 while 200/4=50. 66v80 is formidable, while 50v80 takes some real strategy.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Reset sounds good.

Also i would like to have an increased limit for how many ppl can go to war.
    from 80 to like 125?
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like the reset idea, just for a little variation and for people who would like to gain the experience of taking over a new area with mobs. (And now you can't have TW 'training sessions' for the inexperienced as it maybe confused with fake bidding.)

I vaguely remember the details, that another server has the wraith legion reclaim their lands, though I'm not sure if it's just the reset itself or the faction - who owns the land- is warned ahead of time.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    - Map resets never change anything

- Eventually guilds that dominates will call it a day, it's something commin in life's cycle. It's called : moving on.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Reset sounds good.

from 80 to like 125?

lol at the increased limit, we got enough lag alreadyb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gummage
    gummage Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    who really cares ????
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Make the number of people in a faction bigger then imagine no limits to defences everday...
    15 defences with like 1000 people defending b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • mortie
    mortie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Make it possible to have more than 3 attacks at a time on a single guild. THen scenarios like this might work out:

2009-07-1709-23-55.jpg
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Reset sounds good.

from 80 to like 125?

i would prefer to see an increase in allowed faction size personally, but thats just me.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • XlApollyonlx - Heavens Tear
    XlApollyonlx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    :( Enrage is gonna take over HT. lo
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2009

No.

Here's how it is:

If you can't take the land you don't deserve it. So get better. Stop whining. This aint no welfare check, you earn your way.

Food stamps not accepted.b:bye
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No.

Here's how it is:

If you can't take the land you don't deserve it. So get better. Stop whining. This aint no welfare check, you earn your way.

Food stamps not accepted.b:bye

And how is this "obviously" relevant? Stop reading between the line because you are reading it wrongly, the OP is not asking to get free territory, he is asking to make TW more exciting by not having a strong guild control everything, and limited number of territory is just one method that he is proposing but it is obvious that he also see problem with it too.

To the OP: I have another suggestion. How about have a system called an "upkeep" system. The more people the guild have, the more high level people the guild have, the more territory the guild own, will make the guild upkeep cost parabolicly higher. If the guild cannot keep up with the upkeep cost, every TW all the guild member suffer a debuff to all stat depend how how far the guild is from reaching the upkeep cost. The upkeep cost have to be volunteered paided by member during the period between 2 TW. This is essential a soft cap that also promote guild to be more skillful and tacticful rather than just statistically strong.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I do like the idea of limited amounts of territories. It would certainly be more fun if more mid-size guilds could do TW.

But i think PWI might loose money if big guilds got restricted to few lands and therefor couldn't fight for new lands every week. People from small and midsize guilds doing TW tends to...like not use HP-charms, skip attack charms, have crappy gear, no pvp pots. Its like "amateurs" doing TW for fun doesn't really bring any money for PWI.

While a big TW between lets say Spectral/CQ blows everyones budget. Its just so much money that goes into PWI:s pocket when hundreds of people are buying charms/cs items, upgrading gear + weapons etc all to defend or attack land.

I really cant see smaller guilds with mid-lvls making that big of a effort moneywise when its time for TW. And they wont have to make any effort either if the big guilds are locked. Than they can fight another mid size guild every week instead, against other people that also have crappy gear and no hp charms.

And i really cant see high lvls making any effort to get endgame gear and engame skills, if they can rule a huge part of the map. Why go and +12 your weapon if your guild cant take anymore land?
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I do like the idea of limited amounts of territories. It would certainly be more fun if more mid-size guilds could do TW.

But i think PWI might loose money if big guilds got restricted to few lands and therefor couldn't fight for new lands every week. People from small and midsize guilds doing TW tends to...like not use HP-charms, skip attack charms, have crappy gear, no pvp pots. Its like "amateurs" doing TW for fun doesn't really bring any money for PWI.

While a big TW between lets say Spectral/CQ blows everyones budget. Its just so much money that goes into PWI:s pocket when hundreds of people are buying charms/cs items, upgrading gear + weapons etc all to defend or attack land.

I really cant see smaller guilds with mid-lvls making that big of a effort moneywise when its time for TW. And they wont have to make any effort either if the big guilds are locked. Than they can fight another mid size guild every week instead, against other people that also have crappy gear and no hp charms.

And i really cant see high lvls making any effort to get endgame gear and engame skills, if they can rule a huge part of the map. Why go and +12 your weapon if your guild cant take anymore land?

I agree, limiting lands isn't a smart move.

I do like the idea of resetting the map though, but only after there have been enough weeks for one guild to capture all territories. There's what 43 territories a reset every 44 weeks or a year wouldn't be a bad thing. All the lvl 3 lands would be scooped up in one week, the next week mass PVP TWs, week after lvl 2 lands go more PVP, week after that the lvl 1 lands. I'm pretty sure you'd have a lot more people enjoying the game when they know for a few weeks they'll be able to be competitive against 1 or 2 guilds on the map. It allows more guilds to rise and fall, merge and disband.
    I like pie
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Eh I don't mind if maps don't get reset. I know for a fact only 200 people per guild, and thousands of people play this game. That 200 people may have made huge leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the player base but all it takes is couple other guilds to step up and make a stand. In lost city 3 guilds did that. RageQuit, Spectral and Riot. We timed it so our 3 tws would be on the same day against CQ, we have taken lands lost lands, pushed them into a corner, ourselves been wiped off the map, defeated, had victory and recently we have taken a lvl2 land from them, which imo is a huge victory.

Sadly one of our allies is having troubles, so our offensive against CQ may come to a stand still.

But we know its possible, may take a ****ing long time, but a lot more fun the resetting the map imo.

No fun if you can't resist.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • AliceDonut - Harshlands
    AliceDonut - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I agree that a TW reset might seem nice, but in the end it won't change much.

My issue is that the more land a faction gains, the more money they get, the more they can afford to buy high grade gear, the quicker they can now level up = even harder to ever beat them. Once you're at the top, you are unstopable.

And even if by some fluke a smaller faction does win one from the dominate faction - you know the following week, they will get absolutely slaughtered as revenge.

I'm not QQing, it just seems that way. I don't mind the challenge. I think - if you want to win, all other factions need to unite and hit the dominate faction all at once, splitting up their players over multiple wars. That would be an interesting battle. Even if we all eventually lose the land again - it would be a rememberable experience (and fun).

AliceDonut
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I really think that resetting isnt the way to go =S I know i would be EXTREMLEY pissed if controled the map only to have it taking away from me.
    Instead there should be a MASSIVE counter strike by the wraiths where chances of surviving are pretty slim.
    *Preffers a panic ridden fall to stupid technical rules*
    ADRENALIN FTW ^^
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yea.. insted of map reset, have like Massive PvE invasion once in a while on every land, and if you lose, the spot goes blank :o

that would be fun
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why don't design the TW using diminishing return mechanics. The idea is the larger you are the harder it is to extend your size.
    A suggestion: give a buff in stat to everyone go for TW. The total buff a guild can receive is a logarithmic function with respect to their size. The buff each TW participant received is the the total buff devided by number of TW participant of that guild. When ever the TW time started every territory will get monster invaded in addition to (if any) attack guild. Monster are aggressive and more clever in AI, and if they win the territory go blank. That the bigger the guild the harder it is to expand.
  • Kushua - Dreamweaver
    Kushua - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think the "best" option would be not limiting the number of times a faction has to defend. More land = More to defend = Holy **** lot of work.
  • XassassinX - Dreamweaver
    XassassinX - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    a reet wpold be nice it would open up fun for new and lower level factions 2 have fun in pve tw also a single faction should not be able 2 control more then 8 territories so the game will still b fun when the bigger facs have theres
  • Azuresier - Sanctuary
    Azuresier - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I like the PvE invasion idea. Have each territory get attacked once every X number of weeks. Make these factions have a chance of losing their land back. I do agree though that eventually time will cause new high levels to emerge and eventually take them down. 3 prong attack from same lvl people would put outa territory fairly easily.