Player levels shown.

2»

Comments

• Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    shockix wrote: »
    Then maybe gear should not be allowed to be inspected UNLESS that player is in your squad.

Well DUH ... what u wear on a PvP server is part of the strategy. So you want people to be able to inspect you.

Once you are in squad everyone (in the squad) can see your level, same with your guildies.
  • shockix
    shockix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well DUH ... what u wear on a PvP server is part of the strategy. So you want people to be able to inspect you.

Once you are in squad everyone (in the squad) can see your level, same with your guildies.

I honestly see a greater benefit to having level be shown to everyone than your gear being shown to everyone. Changes can be made to allow equal opportunity for PVP active users.
    edited August 2009
    I honestly see a greater benefit to having level be shown to everyone than your gear being shown to everyone. Changes can be made to allow equal opportunity for PVP active users.

Well I honestly don't see a greater benefit. ATM your level is a private thing that you chose to share with Guildies, squad members and with the world IF you wish.

Besides, unless they start introducing level restricted PvPing which I really don't see ever happening, they can't make this change.

You are wishing for something that happens to be something you liked in a different game but does not work in PWI. Instead of complaining about it why nor learn to use it to your advantage.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    Well I honestly don't see a greater benefit. ATM your level is a private thing that you chose to share with Guildies, squad members and with the world IF you wish.

Besides, unless they start introducing level restricted PvPing which I really don't see ever happening, they can't make this change.

You are wishing for something that happens to be something you liked in a different game but does not work in PWI. Instead of complaining about it why nor learn to use it to your advantage.

I respect your answer, however, I believe that it will have greater impact on PVE and can be altered for PVP.

Thanks anyways.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ugh....why?

and my answer is still no
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Looking at their gear doesn't give you an exact level. Why whisper and disturb people if this small little feature can be implemented into the game. Why exactly are you against this feature? Could you please clarify the downfall?

Why do you wanna know their exact lvl? Where is the privacy? I dont wanna walk naked in the world, showin everyone my lvl. They can see my ubergear, yeah, and my awesome TT60 bow so they might have a clue that im in my 60s, and if i questin the same mobs at this place,..well it wouldnt be a coincidence that someone ur lvl is questin there..

No benefit at all. Not even in PvE, cause you know that when ur gonna go to a lvl 50 grind spot, ur gonna meet ppl with a lvl around 50.

So..? :) Don't see how it can be usefull.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I respect your answer, however, I believe that it will have greater impact on PVE and can be altered for PVP.

Thanks anyways.

You do realize people still pve in pvp servers as well (same way as people pvp in pve servers), since there is no way to level by pvping alone... so how do you plan on altering it for pvp times only when people also pve?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes so this way everywhere a high level goes he can be swarmed with 100+ low levels asking for help.

And it would be horrible if you could see someone's level before you attacked him. The way it is now you have to guess if you can beat him. Now if you PvP and you see someone you want to fight you run the risk that he/she is higher level than you.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Ferisu - Lost City
    Ferisu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    which is why when I pk I use lvl 1 equips, then right as I start to attack or defend, I switch to my real equips and whip out my pet

SNEAKY. Omg. xD That's the work of a ninja right there.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why is level 1 equips? Anyone can tell that you are trying to bluff. Better to use level 30 equips because player can only enter PvP at level 30.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    This thread currently is in the top most viewed. If we could just get more supporters.
    edited August 2009
    This thread currently is in the top most viewed. If we could just get more supporters.

38 Votes fairly evenly split out of hundreds of thousands of players. Yeah right that this is even gonna get past the junk idea bin. ROFLMAO.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    38 Votes fairly evenly split out of hundreds of thousands of players. Yeah right that this is even gonna get past the junk idea bin. ROFLMAO.

It amazes me your disrespect and childish behavior throughout this entire thread, and even forum perhaps. If you don't support all you need to do is type " I don't support and why ", not that big of a deal so grow up and shut up.

You obviously don't want this because your a huge pvp fan, and as I have said before we can work around that.
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    shockix, I mean no disrespect, but what exactly would implementing this accomplish? You specially noted PVE and catshops in your suggestion, but how would showing levels help anything or benefit anyone? If you say people who are questing or grinding can easily spot other people their level to help, then there is no need. Like someone said before, most people in your area are generally around your level. If you're still unsure, check their equipment. If you're in PVE mode, I see no reason why someone would want to hide their level by using lower level equips. If its catshops, I see no benefit either. People already put descriptive names into their shops pertaining to what they sell. Any other way would be counterproductive for them anyway.

And how exactly would we work around PVP servers? There is very little distinction between PVP and PVE because PVP can happen at anytime, anywhere, to anyone.

I really see no benefit to PVE, and in fact can only see some uses in PVP, if level-restricted PVPing were to be implemented. But seeing as PVP in PWI is a free for all with no level restrictions aside from lv 29 and under, including levels would only cause distress.

I think the system is fine the way it is right now.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    rhapsodus wrote: »
    but what exactly would implementing this accomplish? . . . but how would showing levels help anything or benefit anyone? . . .

My questions also . . . I simply see no reason to implement the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Have you ever thought about just asking their levels and stats.

Why would PWI put in the effort to add something that does really nothing when you can ask for common kindness from others to give you info about them.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • rhapsodus
    edited August 2009
    Have you ever thought about just asking their levels and stats.

Why would PWI put in the effort to add something that does really nothing when you can ask for common kindness from others to give you info about them.

Sometimes kindess is not as "common" per say. Nonetheless, that does not retract my questions about the usefullness and practicality of this idea.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Sometimes kindess is not as "common" per say. Nonetheless, that does not retract my questions about the usefullness and practicality of this idea.

I agree. But it is not our rights to be able to see everything about someone. I think it unfair to request taking away something of one privacy.

They is why I suggested just asking the information you are looking for from the individual.

If they do not want to tell you then move onto someone else who might be more willing to offer such information.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I should also add....

Does the OP of the thread not realize that many shops out there are characters used only for selling.

So you have a clone seller which is lvl 1 and you have a lvl 95 archer who gather high end stuff to put on their alt to sell whilst still playing.

Your shop idea does not work out at all since you would have a Catshop showing lvl 1 with lvl 90+ items in it.

You just need to shop around and ask around when shopping for items.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    I really don't understand how this is a big privacy issue. Yournot revealing any information about your OWN self. Do you associate your privacy more with a game than you do real life? If we put your name and social above everyones player name then yes, we would be invading privacy. Player levels should be PUBLIC information.
  • rhapsodus
    edited August 2009
    I really don't understand how this is a big privacy issue. Yournot revealing any information about your OWN self. Do you associate your privacy more with a game than you do real life? If we put your name and social above everyones player name then yes, we would be invading privacy. Player levels should be PUBLIC information.

You haven't answered our questions yet. What is there to be gained from doing this?
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    If you say people who are questing or grinding can easily spot other people their level to help, then there is no need. Like someone said before, most people in your area are generally around your level.

This is incorrect, most people in the area are NOT your level. I have found that many of the places have alot of higher levels around it, for instance you may be questing in a level 45 area and there will be level 90 mobs on the border.

People already put descriptive names into their shops pertaining to what they sell. Any other way would be counterproductive for them anyway.

This is also incorrect, I see alot of cat shops with titles such as "Look here" or other non descriptive titles. Knowing what level that player is could just save you 5 minutes of wasted time.
    And how exactly would we work around PVP servers? There is very little distinction between PVP and PVE because PVP can happen at anytime, anywhere, to anyone.

Player levels will be shown in safe zone, thus not affecting pvp action.
  • rhapsodus
    edited August 2009
    That's odd. Just from personal experience, I've found that 99% of the time, most people in the same area as me are doing the same quest as me. And even if there are high level mobs on the border, you can generally tell what level a person is by the mob they are killing. If you see a person killing lvl 40 mobs, it's safe to assume that they arent lvl 90, no?

I acknowledge the fact that some catshop owners provide inadequate names, but how will giving a player level help? Any player of any level can sell any items. And as some people stated before, some high level players create alts for the sole purpose of selling items. How will showing a player level help indicate what's inside the shop?

And if in PVP servers, levels are only shown in safe zone, how would that help in PVE, when say im questing and killing mobs? Obviously those areas are not safe zones, and therefore levels would not be shown, thus the original purpose would be defeated. And even if, let's just say, levels were shown. What would that accomplish? I see nothing to be gained.

Maybe im missing something from another perspective?

I guess to sum up my question...how would we benefit from this?
  • Foxmonkey - Dreamweaver
    Foxmonkey - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:victoryb:victory

I support this idea 100% and think it should be implemented next patch or soon.
    the reason is it just helpful to know what lvl people are so that you can tell whether there lv 1 or 90 and this would be cool to so when your in town our something and you see someone your lv and if your doing like bh or rb something so you could be like hey dude wanna do rb or bh and they probly be like sure that and that a good reason why this is a good idea and it will be just a neat to know what lv someone is i mean what so bad about know someones lvl i think its not a bad idea to know someones lvl
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    That's odd. Just from personal experience, I've found that 99% of the time, most people in the same area as me are doing the same quest as me. And even if there are high level mobs on the border, you can generally tell what level a person is by the mob they are killing. If you see a person killing lvl 40 mobs, it's safe to assume that they arent lvl 90, no?

Higherlevel players usually fight lower levels because they can kill quicker, get rare items, and make money; thus the term "Farming".
    I acknowledge the fact that some catshop owners provide inadequate names, but how will giving a player level help? Any player of any level can sell any items. And as some people stated before, some high level players create alts for the sole purpose of selling items. How will showing a player level help indicate what's inside the shop?

With player level shown, catshop owners will be forced to make more adequate titles for their shops.

IE: Your level 95 and you see 2 players with catshops, 1 of them is level 1 and 1 of them is level 90. Both of the titles are inadequate such as "Look here". Player levels are shown and you can differentiate which one is level 1 and which one is level 90 easily. Which catshop would you be more apt to check, the level 1 or the level 90? I would choose the level 90 because I can easily assume that even tho the titles are inadequate, I can see their levels and KNOW which one will have items I am more geared for looking for even tho anyone can sell items.

And if in PVP servers, levels are only shown in safe zone, how would that help in PVE, when say im questing and killing mobs? Obviously those areas are not safe zones, and therefore levels would not be shown, thus the original purpose would be defeated. And even if, let's just say, levels were shown. What would that accomplish? I see nothing to be gained.

Maybe im missing something from another perspective?

I guess to sum up my question...how would we benefit from this?

If your questing and levels weren't shown, AKA pvp, then player levels should be recognized as a "?" mark. You shouldn't be worried about PVE more than you should be worried about PVP Players. If its accomplished within safe zones then you could safely return back to a city to see what players are your level then you could safely form a squad and continue PVE / questing.

Given, this will have more benefit on PVE servers than it will PVP servers. But if you are on PVP server you should not be worried as much upon the issue of PVE than you should PVP; However yes, there is concern, because you need to PVE in order to PVP.
  • shockix
    edited August 2009
    b:victoryb:victory

I support this idea 100% and think it should be implemented next patch or soon.
    the reason is it just helpful to know what lvl people are so that you can tell whether there lv 1 or 90 and this would be cool to so when your in town our something and you see someone your lv and if your doing like bh or rb something so you could be like hey dude wanna do rb or bh and they probly be like sure that and that a good reason why this is a good idea and it will be just a neat to know what lv someone is i mean what so bad about know someones lvl i think its not a bad idea to know someones lvl

Thanks for your support!
  • shockix
    edited September 2009
    Bring Up My Post Please, looking for support. PW Staff please notice this thread!