~~HP or Mag. Res?~~

Options
//////////// - Lost City
//////////// - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
i have a lvl 85 barb and i have a chieftien tauran cape (+200 mag res) and a cloak of valor (+ 10 vita). And the problem is that i dont know which cape i should wear, because both are great. mag res is nice, coz barbs dont have that much and vita is for mag and phys res. Please help me b:surrender
Post edited by //////////// - Lost City on

Comments

• Pwnar - Harshlands
    Pwnar - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It all boils down to what you'd rather have the most, a bigger boost in elemental defenses or roughly 150 hp. Not really a downfall in either category.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i have a lvl 85 barb and i have a chieftien tauran cape (+200 mag res) and a cloak of valor (+ 10 vita). And the problem is that i dont know which cape i should wear, because both are great. mag res is nice, coz barbs dont have that much and vita is for mag and phys res. Please help me b:surrender

Magic resist, I myself have a 8+vit valor cape, but that can **** off anyday for a TC cape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Definitely mag res. 200 goes a long way for barb. an extra 10vit hardly makes a dent if you're already tank build.
  • Alexeno - Dreamweaver
    Alexeno - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i'd have to agree, resistances > similar boosts of hp/vit
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Work on refining your Tauran Cape and you should have HP and mag res on the cape. Tauran's are 8mil for a reason >.<
    Belligero
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Cloak of Valor no doubt!
    ....and give me the Tauran cape b:victory

But nah, jokes aside 10 vit will actually barely make a dent, but 200 magic res really makes a differance
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ofc the tauren.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    gime the vitb:sad

for a barb.....the mag resist wozuld be better yes....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //////////// - Lost City
    //////////// - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok, thanks guys b:victory
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Look for +MAG gear
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    KEEP IT BOTH.
    If you can afford it, have several 'sets' of gear that can be used in diff. situations. I dont see why you have to limit yourself to one specific build. (I personally have a full mag, full pdef, full -%channeling set I can use for diff. times)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    let me gues the chanel gear is for ur veno alt? <.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dont see why you have to limit yourself to one specific build.

Mostly due to cost/space issues, but there's also the fact that most people suck at swapping equips mid-battle or even just carrying around extra gear they swap depending on the situation.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Mostly due to cost/space issues, but there's also the fact that most people suck at swapping equips mid-battle or even just carrying around extra gear they swap depending on the situation.
    i see i see
    let me gues the chanel gear is for ur veno alt? <.<
    my veno alt is lv3 and staying b:chuckle the time i spend on any alt i could use to lvl my main =3 The channeling gear is mostly for assist on hard mobs non aoe. Fast stacking IH + debuff and attack are made way easier than using non channeling gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan