Wondered

lorisu
lorisu Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I am curious if this is a bug or not. I was farming mats today and saw a barb in tiger form with someone on his back farming a mat. I also saw him standing holding same person and farm a mat. Not sure how this is possible seems a tad odd to me maybe even unfair.
Post edited by lorisu on

Comments

• G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When Barbarians in tiger form "embrace" another player (a male holding a female) the other player appears to be simply riding/sitting on their back. (See: my sig)

I fail to see why it would be unfair ... ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • lorisu
    lorisu Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok but what about when they are in their human form standing, cause their hands are then holding said person. If there is something in your arms like that how can you be using a pick axe?
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I imagine the same principal applies to farming mats from your mount. Technically your hands would be holding the reigns of your mount, but you can still farm mats.

It would be kind of a pain in the **** if you had to drop the person you were carrying (especially if they were a low lvl in an area with high lvl mobs) or dismount every time you wanted to farm a mat.

EDIT: Wait, since you're getting overly technical, how can a tiger even use a pickaxe in the first place? Wouldn't their paws be too large and bulky? And why do we use a pickaxe to dig up herbs and tree stumps anyway?? And why do we get things like "fine" and "high grade" lumber from rotten old tree stumps??? Riddle me that!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How does an anthropamorphic panda turn into a tiger twice the size anyway?
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    Pwnar - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    why cant there be female tigers b:laugh
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Theory on this, all ingame tigers are female. :X For they are missing something important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So when Daddy Barbarian loves Mummy Barbarian very much... Right.

To answer your actual question - no, there's nothing wrong with it.
    The lady being carried can't do anything except stroke the tiger (and not even that if the tgier keeps running) and and dismount to stand on her own two (or four) feet.

So they are in fact mining half the mats they could mine if they were separated.

How do they do it? The same way they hold a pickaxe, or wield a magic sword whilst transformed. MAGIC.

It does look pretty silly, I'll give you that.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009

<.< 2 words : fuzy ****

errrr.....*facepalm*
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]