Ridiculous Prices

topsykrets
topsykrets Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
Ok ive been playin this game since dec and i have really enjoyed playing it i even got my wife into it and she has never been into games before we have spent our fair share of RL money to buy zhen for mounts and etc but here lately in thelast couple of weeks i have seen a price hike on things that are so ridiculous. Things such as bronze charms costing 180k thats just bs when i started the game u could get a bronze charm at about 100k now come on ppl when does this game become all about greed instead of enjoyment now this game is a free to play mmo but come on GMs are yall not watching how these players are i searched for a gold charm earlier today looking for a price around 400-450k and i was astonished when i saw a gold charm for 850k. Gms posted a sticky when they rereleased the jolly old jones quest that they were doin it so they could drain the PW economy to lower gold prices back down but they are still on the hike and its gotta to the point that im not sure if i even wanna play this game anymore becuz its no longer about fun and enjoyment its all about GREED. Plz GMs find a way to fix this becuz its getting outta control
Post edited by topsykrets on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A thread complaining about gold prices?

How original
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Alexeno - Dreamweaver
    Alexeno - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A thread complaining about gold prices?

How original

this

/too lazy to black out 10characters anymore...
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    :D i remember gas only being 1.50 a gallon man those were the days, welcome to the economy!
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    :D i remember gas only being 1.50 a gallon man those were the days, welcome to the economy!

Omg i remember when it was 99 cents where i lived... Damn im old. b:surrender

Anyway i don't think gold prices are gonna fall below 150k again so you're going to see a price hike.
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This, and there are a ton of posts about this. Be original.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    THIS IS A CONSPIRACY! b:angry
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • topsykrets
    topsykrets Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is a post about gold prices i could care less about gold prices its a post about how this game has became about nothing but greed
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Learn to use capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling and you might find more people reading more of your posts.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • _Devil_Eyes_ - Sanctuary
    _Devil_Eyes_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Learn to use capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling and you might find more people reading more of your posts.

i really doubt ppl are lookin at my post and thinkin dang that guy shoulda used a period there a mayb a coma there
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    topsykrets wrote: »
    Gms posted a sticky when they rereleased the jolly old jones quest that they were doin it so they could drain the PW economy to lower gold prices back down but they are still on the hike

There's your problem. That's like the government saying "we're going to stop inflation, by dumping tons of cash on everyone!" Jolly Jones did nothing to drain the economy, because ppl used cash shop items, which are paid for with money outside of the game economic system. Now if Jolly Jones' ONLY option was the 100k, then it would be a valid cash removal method, but the fact is, noone used the 100k system, but rather paid with guardian angels. On top of all this, they introduced Cash Boxes (rewarded in Cube & Rebirth) where by paying 5 real life dollars you can pump 1 mil coin into the economy. Between the 2 things, alot more cash was added to the economy, and none was removed. Seems the PW economists need to be Fired! Out of a canon!

Also on a macro-economic note; The amount of money in an economy, for determining its effect on inflation, isnt just the literal amount of money spread around. Its that total money multiplied by how many transactions are made with it per day. For example, if everyone was banking their money & not spending it, deflation would set it (which is the problems in a recession that can lead to a depression, and shows how economic confidence plays a role). Conversely, If I spend my money by buying something from you, & you immediately turn it over to someone else, & that cycle continues, it would be as if alot more money is in the economy (which shows again how economic confidence creates its own boom). My point in all of the above, is PWI consistantly createsCash Shop sales these days, creates massive amounts of buying and selling with game coin as well, and as such adding to the incredible inflationary problem as well.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's your problem. That's like the government saying "we're going to stop inflation, by dumping tons of cash on everyone!" Jolly Jones did nothing to drain the economy, because ppl used cash shop items, which are paid for with money outside of the game economic system. Now if Jolly Jones' ONLY option was the 100k, then it would be a valid cash removal method, but the fact is, noone used the 100k system, but rather paid with guardian angels. On top of all this, they introduced Cash Boxes (rewarded in Cube & Rebirth) where by paying 5 real life dollars you can pump 1 mil coin into the economy. Between the 2 things, alot more cash was added to the economy, and none was removed. Seems the PW economists need to be Fired! Out of a canon!

QFT.

Well, everything except the not using 100k on jolly thing. I was in a hurry and picked the 100k option twice instead of GAs. b:cry
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i really doubt ppl are lookin at my post and thinkin dang that guy shoulda used a period there a mayb a coma there

I suggest doubting less, both my little sister and I do precisely that. b:laugh
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    High gold prices are good for PWE, dont expect them to go down.
    edited August 2009
    Actually it wouldn't matter to PWE if the price of gold in game was high or low, they make the same $1 per gold regardless.
  • bloblette
    edited August 2009
    You dont think people are more likely to charge zen if they can no longer afford to buy gold from AH?
    edited August 2009
    The people who are most likely to buy gold with coin as opposed to with cash are most likely the type who wouldn't pay cash to begin with, hence the reason they're paying with coin in the first place. If they were either unwilling or unable to pay for gold with cash that won't likely change whether the price of gold is one million coins per gold, or one coin per gold. And someone has to pay for that gold either way. Even if the going price were one coin per gold, that gold would still have to be bought from PWE first, and they'd make the same exact $1 per gold. If it got to the point where they couldn't afford to buy gold in any way, shape, or form they'd either play the game without any of the fancy boutique items, or if being able to get items from the boutique matter that much to them, they'd find a different game to play.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually it wouldn't matter to PWE if the price of gold in game was high or low, they make the same $1 per gold regardless.

High prices lowers demand, meaning less gold gets bought to sell. It's in their interest to keep gold somewhat affordable.
  • bloblette
    edited August 2009
    The people who are most likely to buy gold with coin as opposed to with cash are most likely the type who wouldn't pay cash to begin with, hence the reason they're paying with coin in the first place. If they were either unwilling or unable to pay for gold with cash that won't likely change whether the price of gold is one million coins per gold, or one coin per gold. And someone has to pay for that gold either way. Even if the going price were one coin per gold, that gold would still have to be bought from PWE first, and they'd make the same exact $1 per gold. If it got to the point where they couldn't afford to buy gold in any way, shape, or form they'd either play the game without any of the fancy boutique items, or if being able to get items from the boutique matter that much to them, they'd find a different game to play.

"Most" is groundless speculation. Regardless, there are those who are reluctant but able to charge zen. A higher gold price is great incentive.
    edited August 2009
    No, groundless speculation would be "The people most likely to pay coin for gold instead of cash eat chicken soup every Tuesday." Saying that people who are either unable or unwilling to pay for gold with cash are the most likely ones to pay with coin is simple logic. Those willing and able to pay cash for gold will just go ahead and buy it with cash. Conversely those who are either unable or unwilling will buy with coin. This is because they're either cheap, or simply can't afford to pay $40 for a spurred Kirin. Why do you think they're playing a free to play game, and not one that requires a fee to buy the program, a monthly fee to play, or both? I know whenever I look for a new MMO to play, the phrase I Google isn't MMORPG, it's free MMORPG, and there's a reason for that. If it got to the point that it was near impossible for me to save up the coin to buy the boutique items I wanted, I'd just continue playing without it. If it got to the point where absolutely everything even remotely worth having was from the boutique and the prices were so insane I'd never be able to buy it, I'd just pack it up, delete Perfect World from my hard drive, and move on to the next free MMO that caught my fancy.
  • bloblette
    edited August 2009
    No, groundless speculation would be "The people most likely to pay coin for gold instead of cash eat chicken soup every Tuesday." Saying that people who are either unable or unwilling to pay for gold with cash are the most likely ones to pay with coin is simple logic. Those willing and able to pay cash for gold will just go ahead and buy it with cash. Conversely those who are either unable or unwilling will buy with coin. This is because they're either cheap, or simply can't afford to pay $40 for a spurred Kirin. Why do you think they're playing a free to play game, and not one that requires a fee to buy the program, a monthly fee to play, or both? I know whenever I look for a new MMO to play, the phrase I Google isn't MMORPG, it's free MMORPG, and there's a reason for that. If it got to the point that it was near impossible for me to save up the coin to buy the boutique items I wanted, I'd just continue playing without it. If it got to the point where absolutely everything even remotely worth having was from the boutique and the prices were so insane I'd never be able to buy it, I'd just pack it up, delete Perfect World from my hard drive, and move on to the next free MMO that caught my fancy.

So youre just going to ignore the so called swing players I outlined above? I have no real argument with the gist of what you wrote, clearly there are those that will and do pay, and those who cannot and do not. However, the situation is not so black and white. There are people in between. And there is also the question of the amount of zen charged.

Microtransaction based MMOs are geared to make you pay for the game. Noone cannot function as a business on a truly free product.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The higher gold prices get, the more money PWE makes from Zen sales. People buy Zen to sell in the AH. I've never bought gold from the AH, and I never paid attention to the prices of it until it started getting into the 200k range. Now when I have an extra 20 or $30 left after paying bills, I buy Zen, get what I need from the Boutique and sell the rest in the AH for a price slightly less then the current highest.

Am I part of the problem? I don't know, but I am helping pay to keep the game going.

As for the OP, I am getting slightly tired of people coming to the forum and making their first ever post (especially after months of playing the game) to whine about gold prices, as if their topic were the first one to express this sentiment. If you've been playing since December and had no other reason to visit the forums before now, why don't you just keep it that way?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The higher the price of gold gets, the less the buyers need to buy to get what they want. This causes PWE to get less money from sales.

It also causes new players to not bother to even play once prices are driven too high by greed.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Most new players I talk to don't even know what the Auction House is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • bloblette
    edited August 2009
    The higher the price of gold gets, the less the buyers need to buy to get what they want. This causes PWE to get less money from sales.

It also causes new players to not bother to even play once prices are driven too high by greed.

Or sellers can be greedy and sell the same amount they normally do and make even more coin. Cause, you know, everyones really greedy.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    New players do not know if current prices are high or low. They start the game, look at they want, and just grind to save up for the item they want. And think how cool it is that they get to buy any item in cash shop without having to spend any real money.

When I started, gold was at 110k per unit. I just planned that way. There were people in my guild complaining how they used to buy gold for 90k.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Omg i remember when it was 99 cents where i lived... Damn im old. b:surrender

Anyway i don't think gold prices are gonna fall below 150k again so you're going to see a price hike.

Don't worry I started driving at 89 cents
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Foy - Sanctuary
    Foy - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As for the OP, I am getting slightly tired of people coming to the forum and making their first ever post (especially after months of playing the game) to whine about gold prices, as if their topic were the first one to express this sentiment. If you've been playing since December and had no other reason to visit the forums before now, why don't you just keep it that way?

Gee, I dunno. Maybe because something has finally happened to the game that actually affects every day game play, negatively for most, and that the only people that can stop the problem are those that are creating it: The "developers."
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok, there seems to be something of a big picture thing missing in some posts. If gold prices stay high for a while people charging zen will no longer benefit, as all things on the open (non-npc) market will eventually adjust and become more expensive... Which means that you'll have to work harder to get them. In the long run very few people can actually afford to get most of their ingame income out of their own wallet. Every dollar you charge will buy you less with high prices which means people selling gold will get much less bang for their buck despite the apparently larger wealth they would seem to posses. Also, while new players may not know the difference, some will be discouraged by the amount of effort it takes to buy gold. It's a far different thing to try to save 1 mil for inv/safe extensions than it is to save 2... This further disrupts the economy, not to mention you'd have to be blind and stupid not to notice all the qqing about high gold prices in WC. People charging $20-$50 a month may soon begin noticing they can now afford fewer things than they could some weeks ago... and while they may have an easier time with everyday expenses (dailies, pots, repairs) most people sell gold to get good gear/cool items, not just make ends meet.

In the long run it means much more time grinding for ALL of us, except perhaps the uber rich. Let's face it, for every person making a huge fortune off of gold there are probably a dozen players who blew half of what they charged in bad calls... You need someone else to take a loss if you want to make profit.
  • XxThe_BarbxX - Heavens Tear
    XxThe_BarbxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This guy is right. If you keep bringing up the gold prices ppl will leave the game wich will just make things even wors. And Sniper your a fool and probly one of the many fools greedy enough to let this happen. If somthing dose not happen soon PWI will loos players and profit and if the unthinkable happens they will shut it down. You greedy fools are making this happen, and i just hope it sinks in befor worst comes to worst. I for one am thinking of quiting and i spend tones of money on gold. Greed is a dirty thing. Thats why its one of the deadly 7 sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Server: Heavens Tear | Faction: Cathedral
    -=FB/TT/TW/Web Site/Forums/GSC=-
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok, yes - if niflation runs completely rampant, no one will want to play, that is true.

Which would, I assume, be why the cash-shop prices of things are being dropped. Gold may be twice what it was, but mounts now need half as much gold. Which evens it out nicely.
This discussion has been closed.