changing the name of your char

themom
themom Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
does anyone know if you can change the name of your char and if so where and how??
Post edited by themom on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can't change your characters name.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can't. If you could, people would be able to avoid blacklisting, and wouldn't have to live with the consequences of what they've done because people recognize their name if they scam, PK, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • themom
    themom Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    thanks i didnt think of that b:chuckle
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I know few people that did get their names changed, but your name gets bugged. Like... even if your name changed, on your guild list it can display your old name instead of your new one. Same with Friend's list. So people can get easily confused. They told me that they asked the GM's, bee-tee-double-u b:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Alexeno - Dreamweaver
    Alexeno - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I know few people that did get their names changed, but your name gets bugged. Like... even if your name changed, on your guild list it can display your old name instead of your new one. Same with Friend's list. So people can get easily confused. They told me that they asked the GM's, bee-tee-double-u b:bye.

if this is true, then they must have paid the GMs off, and somehow i doubt that

i smell sketchiness
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if this is true, then they must have paid the GMs off, and somehow i doubt that

i smell sketchiness

I've seen people that showed up on the guild list as a different name than they are, actually. They didn't get their name changed as far as I know, though.

That happened on my friends list once...it showed a friend of mine as logged on a different character. But I deleted her and re-added and it worked fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."