trouble with dyes

darksithlord
darksithlord Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
In this thread I want you to post your feedback to a special suggestion to PWI.

You all know: If u want to dye clothes u need expenisve pigments ( and you need a lot of them ).
And I think you will agree that some colors are soooo slighty different that you can't differ them 100% exactly. Especially when you compare a fashion's color with pigment bottles.

My suggestion to PWI was to display the name of the color that a fashion piece has to be sure what color a fashion piece has.

I wanted to give my wrist wear the same color my superstarcoat has but i picked 2 times the wrong one.

What do you think about that?
Post edited by darksithlord on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I agree, I tried to buy an orange miniskirt for my cleric while I already had an orange set, the colour seemed to my poor eyes the same as the others but it wasn't and I found it out the hard way xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I resorted to taking screenshots, loading them into Photoshop, and using the eyedropper tool to get the exact RGB values. It's silly, but that's really the only way to do it right now.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah i agree they really need to put a name by the colors. I was running around once with a dark dark green top thinking it was black, until my bf pointed out to me it wasn't black. The pinks, and whites and cream, greens etc. It's very easy to confuse them and very hard to match them up. Especially with black dye costing 500k a piece and one of your items you need 18 pigments it's almost ten mil ;_;. >.< So you take a chance with the randoms. Lol it's sucks when you think you have gotten black only to find out it was dark dark purple or gray.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    While names might help, it might also be tricky to do. With random dyes giving pretty much the entire spectrum of colors, giving a name to each one might be nearly impossible (what are they gonna say: Dark green, slightly dark green, almost dark green, really dark green, ect.). Plus, the slight difference in some bottles can be useful if your short on cash (I want to dye an outfit I have white, but don't have the cash for 40+ white dyes, so I'm going with smoky, which is close enough, and a whole lot cheaper).

But yes, sometimes it is nice to know the color of a piece of clothing, and it wouldn't take much to do this with the set pigment colors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, at least for the named pigments it should show the name on the cloth.
    Would be a lot easier than staring at colours lol But til now i got it right every time xD Artists eyes ftw b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    While names might help, it might also be tricky to do. With random dyes giving pretty much the entire spectrum of colors, giving a name to each one might be nearly impossible (what are they gonna say: Dark green, slightly dark green, almost dark green, really dark green, ect.). Plus, the slight difference in some bottles can be useful if your short on cash (I want to dye an outfit I have white, but don't have the cash for 40+ white dyes, so I'm going with smoky, which is close enough, and a whole lot cheaper).

But yes, sometimes it is nice to know the color of a piece of clothing, and it wouldn't take much to do this with the set pigment colors.

Well they could call them by the hex names. Even that's better than nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Yakubo_ - Sanctuary
    Yakubo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Idk if its against rules to post 3rd party programs. but I've had this problem and I made a program to check the color of a pixel on the screen specifically for PWI that checks the little box for color, has a list of named colors, which i have named all the die colors. It allows you to never be fooled again.

There's a picture of my work here: http://www.bajotumn.com/?img=ColorFinderApp2.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    suggestion box?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i had had the impression that one of the updates was that the "hot dyes"
    would be possible to choose which colour who want....what happened to that?

and what about allowing us the ability to choose the colour of clothes we buy? we pay enough for them....why not allow us to try them on, and choose the colour? in both the other PWI games, players are allowed to try on clothes in the cash shop, but here we have to hope we bump into a shop or someone who has what we like...and not always be able to buy it. such a simple thing to allow us....

In this thread I want you to post your feedback to a special suggestion to PWI.

You all know: If u want to dye clothes u need expenisve pigments ( and you need a lot of them ).
    And I think you will agree that some colors are soooo slighty different that you can't differ them 100% exactly. Especially when you compare a fashion's color with pigment bottles.

My suggestion to PWI was to display the name of the color that a fashion piece has to be sure what color a fashion piece has.

I wanted to give my wrist wear the same color my superstarcoat has but i picked 2 times the wrong one.

What do you think about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    and what about allowing us the ability to choose the colour of clothes we buy?

I would love the feature being implemented. b:cute Choosing the exact colour you want would rock the boutique :D

But please, please, please, tell me before this gets in game xD I wanna flee before all the "OMG the white and black dyes arent worth anything anymore, you fail GMs!!11!" chorus gets me. Just remember what happened when horsies came to the cash shop b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Fellinia - Dreamweaver
    Fellinia - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm honestly suprised they haven't created some sort of "spectrum dye" option at the seamstress, that uses 3x or 4x the random dye but brings up the color palette and lets you pick a color. Or maybe even allow purchasing of clothing sets at a discount rate over the individual pieces, and make all the parts of the set start off the same color, albeit random like it is now.