Guide to wizard genie.....not a joke this time......

Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
YO!!!!! Since alot of wizards have been wondering what skills would be best for your genie, I decided to make a guide.(which is not a joke this time)

Just to tell you, im only lvl 51 on my wizard so i dont know all the things about genies so dont flames.

Before you read on, im not going to really go into the basics which you can read here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=253091

Firstly, you can get a genie in the 3 starter cities, which im hoping you know by now. When you first get yuor genie you rlly have no choice in the type but when you get into teh teens, i would suggest getting Zeal or Longevity.

Unfortunatly your genie must be leveled like veno pets...you must manually put your exp or spirit into it unless you just click lvl up. If yuo get your genie, like i stated above, you can either level it up using exp or spirit. When you use exp your genie needs to be near your level to get the full benifit. You can aslo wait to get to a higher level to use your spirit, which is what i did.

When you first start leveling up your genie you need to delete you the starting skill which is a waste of a slot.

The very first skill you need, which is really mandantory for any class is tree of protection. This skill cost 1 wood affanity, 1 water affinity, and 1 earth affannity. This skill replenishes your hp by 50%. I personally think this skill is heaven sent. The earliest you may get this skill is level 15. The next skill that you must have is extreme poison. It cost 4 wood affanity and increase your attack output by 20% for 5 seconds.

After the mandatory skilss above. These next skills are optional.

Holys path: Increase movement speed of you and all allies within 10 meters to the max for 3.3 seconds. This skill is wondrful. great for kniting. XD
Affanities: 2 metal. 2 wood. 2 earth.

Thunderstorm: Does 500 metal damage. Cost 7 fire affinaty. great for killing that monsters last little bit of life without wasteing mana.

Cloud Eruption:Emits a cloud of invigorating energy, granting 100 Chi to all enemies and allies in range as well as an additional 10 to yourself. Must be cast on an enemy target.
Affanities:Metal 7 - Earth 5

Mage Star: A magical shield that increases your HP and MP regeneration rate
by 50 per second and absorbs 1000 magic damage for 10.5 seconds.
The shield will dissipate when the absorption limit is reached.
Affanity:Water 3 - Fire 3 - Earth 3

Well thats pretty much it....

Im getting lazy but I dont kno what else to write, but i kno im missing something important. Please Read and Reveiw. Thank you. b:byeb:victoryb:thanks
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Must refrain... from slapping.... upside..... head..
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Holys path: Increase movement speed of you and all allies within 10 meters to the max for 3.3 seconds. This skill is wondrful. great for kniting. XD

Kniting what? Stocking? I thought that one is the tailor skill not Holy Path. b:shocked
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    you might want to wait a little bit before writing a guide.. good effort but you might want to experience more of the game before advising others how to play it.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ditto.
    Lol @ Thunderstorm. I'll be nice and give you a thumbs up for trying, and failing, but nonetheless trying.
  • SurfferGirl - Harshlands
    SurfferGirl - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    pff dont be mean guys at least he tryed to help some noobies like meh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Did he spelled the word affinity in the same sentence 3 different ways? Epic
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    would be nice if they had a physical genie attack that works as well as thunderstorm for a mag atk.

but since they dont.. i've got celestial sword on my wiz's genie. helps alot for those times i target and fire at a increased mag res mob and end up kite-ing it forever with gush. lol

also does a good bit of dmg when "in close", and its not really lvl'd up alot (my wiz is just lv28) and the genie isnt an infliction or any added strength either, but overall i like the skill
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Have fun wishing you picked cauterize instead of mage star when you get bled
    Just to tell you, im only lvl 51 on my wizard so i dont know all the things about genies so dont flames.

Then why make this "guide"? Also, your topic subtitle is misleading
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe this is the same dude that posted a fail guide on the barb section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009

You don't have to refrain; you know what must be done... b:victory
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunatly your genie must be leveled like veno pets...you must manually put your exp or spirit into it unless you just click lvl up.

This guide is toilet.

I vote delete.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Thankx for the advice. If u didnt notice ,at the beganing of the guide i told you guys that i waz lvl 51 so no flames.....=.= but u obviously didnt read it....
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thankx for the advice. If u didnt notice ,at the beganing of the guide i told you guys that i waz lvl 51 so no flames.....=.= but u obviously didnt read it....

I dont flame, but If you are 51, and you know your guide isnt going to bed very good, just dont make one... If you know you will be flamed by this guide just dont post it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    i kno. i wasnt talking about you.XD i waz talking about every who did flame.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Have fun wishing you picked cauterize instead of mage star when you get bled

Mage Star is so bad b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    i havent tried mage star, i like my apoc items b:sad
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I dont flame, but If you are 51, and you know your guide isnt going to bed very good, just dont make one... If you know you will be flamed by this guide just dont post it.

oh gawd CeliaZ his horrible spelling and grammer is rubbing off on you~! b:cry and on me apparentlyish! b:shocked

Also I'm wondering why you would even bother to write a guide on something you don't really know...please stop trying to bring others down to your level. *walks off to find a decent genie guide*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wahida - Dreamweaver
    Wahida - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Did he spelled the word affinity in the same sentence 3 different ways? Epic

^
    what he said.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    :p
    lol i dont think anyone else noticed that before i did....
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is a um... decent guide for nubs atleast ToP is nice to have. To all you people critisizing spelling in a guide, i mean really? If you want to be a spell checker then be an english teacher. If ur gonna critisize atleast fix his flaws while doing so so we can all benefit!
  • Axisboldone - Heavens Tear
    Axisboldone - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thunderstorm: Does 500 metal damage. Cost 7 fire affinaty. great for killing that monsters last little bit of life without wasteing mana.

Huh? If you are a wizard getting magic attack skills for your genie then you may be we Todd did. If you are not already dropping bombs that make that skills damage look worthless then you are doing something terribly wrong with you wizard. You need utility skills we already hit harder than any genie attack skill ever will. If you need just a little left to kill a mob cast a pyro or a gush.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Even CoF do more damage than Thunderstorm for a small activation time.