The i hate venos new pets thread.

spirea
spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
I hate venos new pets (phoenix) Overpowered.
And anyone who defends them is either a veno themselves, someone in pve server or someone under 30.
Post edited by spirea on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Or someone hiding behind a ?
    Back.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol i hate constant threads about this subject ^__^ b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not gonna lie. They are overpowered. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yes they are overpowered. They come with a price though.
    I would suggest you pick fights with venos inside instances. They can't call their phoenix in there.

Phoenix can 2 shot a WB with 11k HP fyi.

If everyone rerolled a veno Perfect World will become **** WORLD.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I can't 3 hit a squish fox because of that annoying chicken!
    QQ
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "Oh no, a veno now actually stands a chance in pvp! Unfair! Nerf them!"
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Bleed bugg + phoenix is not even overpowered, its so **** its dumb. Bleeds ticks for about 2k on robes. Ticks for light amour 1.5k (if same lvl as pet). The veno isnt even needed actually, he can chill and roll a blunt while target dies from bleed. Just getting hit by bleed once is enough to kill light and robe-users, even if several lvls above the pet (so stack up on purify pots, than u at least might be able to get away alive if u have upgraded mount).

But most people that came from other PW-Servers already knew how stupidly overpowered phoenix was and also that it would come here. Guess i was dumb not making a veno here, but (like many others players) i thought that they would actually fix the bleed bugg before phoenix came here. Guess i got owned b:bye

Than i prefer the hercules since it only screws up the ingame economy. Yay for parties not being able to make money farming HH and fbs in short future b:cry

But GMs do seem more active on this server. I still have hope they will fix the bugg or people (not playing veno) will leave the game or make yet another veno with phoenix. Unbalanced classes in pvp really kills a game fast :(

And yes 99% of those claiming a veno with phoenix is balanced pvp-wise is a low lvl player, a venos themselves or from pve server. But since non of the above use cash shop at all, they prolly dont have much to say in the matter.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I totally agree, veno is overpowered. I used to be able to kill any veno any time I want without a chance they can hurt me, although I can still kill 99.99% of them, but I have to be careful now, sine she may have a chance to killed me instead if she has spend $200+ real money. Yes, I can still kill a veno with phoenix, but I do not want to take any risk, I want a guaranteed kill. I want the old world back, I want to kill any veno at any time I want. And since when 3rd class veno can actually fight in TW instead just doing vigor transfer? Why that 0.01% veno can play other role in a group other than a lurer now? And veno can solo HH single mode before maybe able to solo low level team mode, even I have not see any veno actually soloed HH team mode, but do not want to take chance. So it is time to nerf veno. They have been 3rd class in this game for so long, they already used to be 3rd class, so let’s keep it that way.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I look at it this way:

A phoenix costs about 25-30 million to get. Or around $200. However you want to think about it.

If you have a player who spends that much money on their gear (a pet is essentially equipment) then you also get a beast of a player who can kill everything.

Spirea, if you spent $200 buying dragon orbs to + up and socket a good hh80 new mage weapon, don't you think that you could probably one shot a lot of those venos that are killing you right now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol i hate constant threads about this subject ^__^ b:victory

A-bloody-men.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I look at it this way:

A phoenix costs about 25-30 million to get. Or around $200. However you want to think about it.

If you have a player who spends that much money on their gear (a pet is essentially equipment) then you also get a beast of a player who can kill everything.

Spirea, if you spent $200 buying dragon orbs to + up and socket a good hh80 new mage weapon, don't you think that you could probably one shot a lot of those venos that are killing you right now?

Well, let's see. $200 in orbs is +8 refine, let's say. With +8 refine, you get about 700 extra weapon damage. Sandstorm multiplies this by three, so you get 2100 extra from the refines. Divided by 4 for pvp, means 525 extra pvp damage in addition to the 1.8k-2k you deal to robes. Even at 2.5k damage, you can't 1-hit a robe Veno, because they have great hp due to their Vit:HP ratio being amazing.

Now, a light veno at 8x will have less hp and defence from earth attacks. A heavy veno is just a free kill. So, yeah, you could 1-hit many foxes at 80 if you spent $200 on refining a weapon.

... But how about after 90? After 90 is when people refine their armour if they haven't already. Even with a +8 weapon, you'll still fall short and be victim to a quick bleed, and death soon after.

I say the bug with Ripping Bite should be fixed. Venos, before the phoenix came out, were very viable in PvP situations. I've seen very high 9x vs. each other - WR97 vs. WF98 for example. The battles are very fun to watch, but the veno wins most of the time. Mind you, the veno was using the Scorpion pet from level 1.

With the phoenix, WF are overkill if they abuse the bug. With the removal of the bug, the devs could perhaps give them a couple new skills if WFs aren't deemed balanced. But I doubt they'll be underpowered with the removal of the bug. They'll just have to be more imaginative than "Click player, click ripping bite, game over".

It isn't enough that Venos can solo-tank party-mode HH with the Hercules, have the fastest mob-killing(and thus levelling) speed, can debuff, amplify, and have a full offensive magic tree, but they need a bugged pet that can 1-shot everything as well? I can understand where the WFs are coming from, but this ripping bite bug is simply imbalanced. The phoenix is an excellent pet, and it should be kept in the game - but the ripping bite bug is terrible. The WF can still be PvE overkill, but I'd rather not be overshadowed in PvP by a wf that only has to click one button to win. Oh, and I guess run away from the player if he/she decides to try and hit the WF before they die.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2008

:: makes a I'm pro, I'm king of the world face ::

So far I've had no problems dealing with a veno and a phoenix. As usual they kite around crazy or if the veno if a mentally affected stands and fights me and dies.

:: puts on his brag hat ::

I was able to **** ThoCon's phoenix and her till her dolls ran out. It's really simple for a blademaster to kill them. Other than her I haven't fought any other phoenixes.

:: is glad ::

:: licks your face ::

Stun --> Spark / double spark / triple --> Use a high damage skill --> Instant 1 shot.
    The trick is to kill it before it can hit you. Since air to land damage is nerfed, I would suggest keeping both your feet on the ground.
    (for Clerics there's plume shield and sleep, for wizards there's the 2 new level 79 skills, Undine strike and Sleep. Imo try those, because I don't play a wizard)
    If it fails... Stun --> Cloud (gtfo that place, you are in danger!!) Sure it's overpowered, but it can be dealt with. We're smarter than some stupid pixel bird and it's idiotic damage.

:: sad face ::

But maybe... just maybe, I'm wrong, since the phoenix i fought was 7X or so...
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lol i hate constant threads about this subject ^__^

+1 b:kiss

amen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    swgs wrote: »
    I totally agree, veno is overpowered. I used to be able to kill any veno any time I want without a chance they can hurt me, although I can still kill 99.99% of them, but I have to be careful now, sine she may have a chance to killed me instead if she has spend $200+ real money. Yes, I can still kill a veno with phoenix, but I do not want to take any risk, I want a guaranteed kill. I want the old world back, I want to kill any veno at any time I want. And since when 3rd class veno can actually fight in TW instead just doing vigor transfer? Why that 0.01% veno can play other role in a group other than a lurer now? And veno can solo HH single mode before maybe able to solo low level team mode, even I have not see any veno actually soloed HH team mode, but do not want to take chance. So it is time to nerf veno. They have been 3rd class in this game for so long, they already used to be 3rd class, so let

<3 Sarcasm..My Anti-Drug..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • n0ob
    edited December 2008
    severan wrote: »

:: makes a I'm pro, I'm king of the world face ::

So far I've had no problems dealing with a veno and a phoenix. As usual they kite around crazy or if the veno if a mentally affected stands and fights me and dies.

:: puts on his brag hat ::

I was able to **** ThoCon's phoenix and her till her dolls ran out. It's really simple for a blademaster to kill them. Other than her I haven't fought any other phoenixes.

:: is glad ::

:: licks your face ::

Stun --> Spark / double spark / triple --> Use a high damage skill --> Instant 1 shot.
    The trick is to kill it before it can hit you. Since air to land damage is nerfed, I would suggest keeping both your feet on the ground.
    (for Clerics there's plume shield and sleep, for wizards there's the 2 new level 79 skills, Undine strike and Sleep. Imo try those, because I don't play a wizard)
    If it fails... Stun --> Cloud (gtfo that place, you are in danger!!) Sure it's overpowered, but it can be dealt with. We're smarter than some stupid pixel bird and it's idiotic damage.

:: sad face ::

But maybe... just maybe, I'm wrong, since the phoenix i fought was 7X or so...
    A level 90 phoenix can 2 shot a WB. The only thing that's saving you from the bird is your evasion, but guess what? as the phoenix levels it gains more accuracy.
    Stuns locking the veno and killing the phoenix is an option. But lets be logical here... how many of us can pull it off?
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    n0ob wrote: »
    A level 90 phoenix can 2 shot a WB. The only thing that's saving you from the bird is your evasion, but guess what? as the phoenix levels it gains more accuracy.
    Stuns locking the veno and killing the phoenix is an option. But lets be logical here... how many of us can pull it off?

Unless you stun the pet along with the owner, tanking a high level veno is not fun while you try to kill the pet. And a smart wf will not let you stun both him and the pet. The only option? Go straight for the wf and outdps the phoenix....something which only a heavy armored character can pull off tbh...
  • n0ob
    edited December 2008
    Unless you stun the pet along with the owner, tanking a high level veno is not fun while you try to kill the pet. And a smart wf will not let you stun both him and the pet. The only option? Go straight for the wf and outdps the phoenix....something which only a heavy armored character can pull off tbh...
    +1
    just make sure you have alter magical marrow toggled, you don't wanna get **** by the veno's magic before you get to her.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes im a veno before you ask....ok so all you BM's out there you dont think your constant stun lock is unfair? you want to take away bleed so you can kill more venos but you would'nt like it if they reduce all your stun skills would ya and yes i dont NEED my nix to win a BM or any other class just take a bit longer.Most people i know will not fight me in the air with nix but will have a go on ground if i use my catpos or herc and i still win 7 out of 10 times so im not moanin coz i need the bleed skill its a matter of they already fcked up the bramble hood skill so it no longer works in pvp and now all these post "get rid of bleed" makes my **** laugh....so you all want venos to have no skills what so ever thats not balanced any good player know to try and kill the pet then the veno and most venos will run when pets dead coz they are **** but u kill mine im still gona kick ya ****
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Holy batman necro........

Necro is frown upon on this boards..... and a thread more than 8 months old could be considered necroing.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Holy batman necro........

Necro is frown upon on this boards..... and a thread more than 8 months old could be considered necroing.....

more like 8 hours. some people here are ridiculous

anyway ufop should get some type of award for zombie master or something
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    interesting thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's actually "holy necro batman", not the other way around. Lrn2meme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.