Fix the delete character time please....

Antlers - Heavens Tear
Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Seriously. I don't want to wait 7 days to delete a level one toon I made to check availability of a name. Let there be some kind of thing that prompts you to enter a password of some kind to delete it permanently - instantly.
Post edited by Antlers - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• imgirlplayer
    imgirlplayer Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    im with you sisb:victory
  • blackcid4
    blackcid4 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No, 7 days are good.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Seriously. I don't want to wait 7 days to delete a level one toon I made to check availability of a name. Let there be some kind of thing that prompts you to enter a password of some kind to delete it permanently - instantly.

When you name your character, the name will be out of use forever. Even if you delete your character, you cant use same name anymore.. So checking name's availability is stupid.

If your account is ****, password-secured character deleting will be surely useless.

7 days.
  • Solaere - Sanctuary
    Solaere - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When you name your character, the name will be out of use forever. Even if you delete your character, you cant use same name anymore.
    It used to be that way, but they changed it a few months back - now you can reuse the name once it's deleted

Note that even after creating a character, you have I think 2 days to modify the appearance. So as long as you create it using the class/gender you want you should be fine

Also, while I agree the 7 days is probably a good idea for protecting against **** accounts, I think it should only be applied to characters above say level 10. Certainly not to level 1 characters that were just created ...
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When you name your character, the name will be out of use forever. Even if you delete your character, you cant use same name anymore.. So checking name's availability is stupid.

If your account is ****, password-secured character deleting will be surely useless.

7 days.

WRONG. I had a blademaster that I deleted who's name my cleric now has.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    this is a big complaint, but i like it sure its a bore waiting for the character to be deleted. say u go on vacation for 6 days? u come back havent played since then, u find out your characters in deletion mode, u click 'restore', then send a ticket. simple enough
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    not goona ever happen
    b:surrender
  • KuromaruZ - Dreamweaver
    KuromaruZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    blackcid4 wrote: »
    No, 7 days are good.
    7 days are good?! O________________O

Well, when you're deleting a character, by the end of the first day you're already sure you want it gone, so a whole week is a bit outrageous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    7 days are good?! O________________O

Well, when you're deleting a character, by the end of the first day you're already sure you want it gone, so a whole week is a bit outrageous.

Again, what if someone gets into your account and tries to delete your character FOR TEH LULZ?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Again, what if someone gets into your account and tries to delete your character FOR TEH LULZ?!

Then the ones asking for the 7 day wait will ask for their characters back and some way to prevent it from ever happening again (if it happened to one of them). They might even suggest some sort of waiting period before the characters are deleted. Strange idea, who'd ever implement a system where one would have to wait a week for a character to be deleted? It's not like anyone's account ever gets **** into or anything.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    then The Ones Asking For The 7 Day Wait Will Ask For Their Characters Back And Some Way To Prevent It From Ever Happening Again (if It Happened To One Of Them). They Might Even Suggest Some Sort Of Waiting Period Before The Characters Are Deleted. Strange Idea, Who'd Ever Implement A System Where One Would Have To Wait A Week For A Character To Be Deleted? It's Not Like Anyone's Account Ever Gets **** Into Or Anything.

<_<;;

>_>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • KuromaruZ - Dreamweaver
    KuromaruZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I was thinking about that, hackers deleting your character, and came up with something I will post on another thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]