lol silly idea

Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear
Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
lol there are far too many threads like this one on the suggestion thread and I'm not helping!

The only compensation is that this ideas is not like the others posted here... that's right, it were stolen from a book. You get bonus points from knowing which book.

HERE IT ARE.

Class name: Mentat

Races: All (Read the description to find out why)

Genders: Both (tis would make up for the limited class/gender combos with the Untamed)

Description: All sentient races have a capacity for logic and calculation, and very high potential in these areas. Enter the Mentats, trained from their births to calculate and make logical deductions with incredible accuracy and speed. They are a must anywhere they can be afforded- in banks, treasuries, research, construction and others. They are very surprisingly better at combat than most people believe them to be, especially with long range weapons or other weapons that can keep them away from enemies enough to make up for their lack of physical strength and speed.

and here are their features:

*highest accuracy of any class
*low movement speed
*bonus damage with weapons of any kind
*able to get detailed information on all players and enemies from the very beginning
*experience and speed bonus on craftsmanship
*Most variety of usable weapons
*least variety of skills that require weapons
*Able to detect/calculate weak points so have a higher crit ratio than other classes
*highest dexterity
*shorter than other characters
*Able to "share data" with other classes temporarily giving them some Mentat bonuses
*Untamed Mentats can take on "Qirin" form.
Post edited by Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Luxado_Ranks - Harshlands
    Luxado_Ranks - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Do you think everyone suddenly forgot about Dune?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the everlasting stormbringer.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Did you ever heard of copyrights and royalties? If PW was to use a character from that book, it would cost them money in royalties.......

However, great book series :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
  • Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    same dune reference in f3 actually

What does f3 mean? I don't know

And maybe if you just change the class's name it can be acceptable.

and lol why did everyone ignore my comparatively more original suggestion of playing buzkashi with the ingame mounts in favor of posting here to tell me how unoriginal this idea is b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What does f3 mean? I don't know

And maybe if you just change the class's name it can be acceptable.

and lol why did everyone ignore my comparatively more original suggestion of playing buzkashi with the ingame mounts in favor of posting here to tell me how unoriginal this idea is b:chuckle

Nobody mentioned unoriginal, we just pointed to Dune, since you asked us to guess which book.... and I pointed out that it would cost money in royalties.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    F3 = fallout 3

Your idea would seem to make my archer obsolete(more crit than me!!! How dare you) b:cryb:cry
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Neowing - Sanctuary
    Neowing - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    why a mentat though? couldn't you have gone with a fremen where the mount specific is a sandworm or a sardukar which could increase its damage and defense when in a squad with another sardukar?
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Dude, This isn't Avatar. Bridging the gap between the species is a bad idea. A lot of venos hate the idea of all class pets, even though they can't attack. If the all class pets are a problem, an all-species class is an even worse idea.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a useful class in every squad, it definitely would be. But the social and interracial cost is too great a risk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mejezfeld - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Dude, This isn't Avatar. Bridging the gap between the species is a bad idea. A lot of venos hate the idea of all class pets, even though they can't attack. If the all class pets are a problem, an all-species class is an even worse idea.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a useful class in every squad, it definitely would be. But the social and interracial cost is too great a risk.

Well it's an all-species class because it might not make sense for it to not be all-species .__.
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well it's an all-species class because it might not make sense for it to not be all-species .__.
    hmm, i dont know wut to say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    How about instead we get another melee DD class. Like a rogue or something.