Swimming Mastery....

Options
Antlers - Heavens Tear
Antlers - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Effect: N/A

What is this? Some kind of joke? What's the point learning it if it has no effect?
Post edited by Antlers - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it does have an effect its jsut a little new in the wordingstil lthis is a one year old game in english transulaten
    i like pie
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I really dont think so...

I notice absolutely no difference in swim speed between my 32 venomancer and one that I can roll in 2 seconds.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No effect, if you actualy read the discription is state N/A as in non-applicable....

Long time ago it used to have an effect, the same as barbs still have, but it was removed about the same time as they removed the reflect on bramble in pvp....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No effect, if you actualy read the discription is state N/A as in non-applicable....

Long time ago it used to have an effect, the same as barbs still have, but it was removed about the same time as they removed the reflect on bramble in pvp....

Thats what i'm saying..... Thats stupid. It's a racial ability.

Female Winged Elves don't get their flight mastery nerfed, so what the hell?b:angry
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Female Winged Elves don't get their flight mastery nerfed, so what the hell?b:angry

wow its true thtas fcked
    i like pie
  • Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Its a racial skill for the untamed.

Strangely, works just fine for Barbs (but not for Venos)

So, basically "PWI" is just too damn lazy to fix it.
    (if it works with barbs should work with venos as well, no lame excuses regarding this topic.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes this skill used to work a long time ago..and then during one update they just removed it and it has been like that since.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Could really use that speed in the water sometimes too - lack of good water pets = having to run off quite a bit >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It use to increase swimming speed. That's what I saw in the description when I bought it. = -_- = Not cool that it was changed without warnings at least.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Its a racial skill for the untamed.

Strangely, works just fine for Barbs (but not for Venos)

So, basically "PWI" is just too damn lazy to fix it.
    (if it works with barbs should work with venos as well, no lame excuses regarding this topic.)

There is nothing to fix, the skill is not broken, it simple does not apply to venos. They remove its effect, and change the description to match it (non-applicable), so it is not broken, just disabled.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There is nothing to fix, the skill is not broken, it simple does not apply to venos. They remove its effect, and change the description to match it (non-applicable), so it is not broken, just disabled.

Lol, it's broken, but instead of actually fixing it, they changed the description so they don't have to troubleshoot. It's easier for the devs that way.b:chuckle
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    o_O but for me it did work.... i was swimming down through the ocean with a friend(a blademaster) and i was swimming sooooo much faster than him...... so idk why it says n/a but i believe it works b:thanks
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lol, it's broken, but instead of actually fixing it, they changed the description so they don't have to troubleshoot. It's easier for the devs that way.b:chuckle

Well yah, they "fixed" the description b:laugh
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    o_O but for me it did work.... i was swimming down through the ocean with a friend(a blademaster) and i was swimming sooooo much faster than him...... so idk why it says n/a but i believe it works b:thanks

cause venos are naturally faster than humans
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    By how much >_<
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Funny...a squad I was doing bosses with last night was talking about this, and I was blown away. Wouldn't have bought the damn skill if I'd actually read the description instead of it's title. =/
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From what I heard, they removed it since it gave venomancer too much of an advantage, mainly in dragon temple which is open water pvp, and you fight to get the chests containing rare/valauble items.

That's just what someone told me though, it sounds valid.. but .. that's only one thing really. Barbs are faster than v8s on land, but they're also just as fast in the water..
    who's OP now?! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    They could at least remove the skill from the veno skill tree then.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

It is because not all Elfs upgrade their wings some keep the natarul white ones for good with maxed flight mastery.It is their only set of wings.I still have mine if I fell like using them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options

You're stupid. Its an UNTAMED racial ability. Venos are untamed, no? Then it should work. If you dont agree with that, go roll a human.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You're stupid. Its an UNTAMED racial ability. Venos are untamed, no? Then it should work. If you dont agree with that, go roll a human.

Read the skill description. It clearly says Non-Applicable. Therefore there is nothing to fix, since in order to fix something it would have to be broken. This feature was REMOVED, for whatever reason....

If you want the skill back, than ask for that, but do not ask for something to be fixed when it was removed.

It is the same as brumble reflect not working in pvp, only the damage reduction works. There is nothing to fix there since the devs removed that feature, therefore it is not broken (so nothing to fix), if you want the reflect to work in pvp, you would be asking to get that feature back, not to get the skill fixed.....
  • Antlers - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Then it should be removed from barbarians as well, seeing as its a racial ability.

This would be like taking away shadowmeld from night elf females in WoW just because theyre female. ITS A RACIAL IT SHOULD WORK.

Is bramble a racial? NO. Its a venomancer ability. SWIMMING MASTERY IS A RACIAL.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Then it should be removed from barbarians as well, seeing as its a racial ability.

This would be like taking away shadowmeld from night elf females in WoW just because theyre female. ITS A RACIAL IT SHOULD WORK.

Is bramble a racial? NO. Its a venomancer ability. SWIMMING MASTERY IS A RACIAL.

Than I suggest you make a post in the suggestions forum.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's all in the name of balance. Once upon a time it was a racial abilitiy, now it's a barb only skill.

Got a laugh out of the level 32 veno telling a level 81 veno to go roll a human xD;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]