Anyone played with satellite internet before?

Mohkano - Sanctuary
Mohkano - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
I played this game over the winter up at my college, but since I'm not staying in the dorms any more, I have to come home to the countryside.
There's no cable, satellite, or dial-up internet (well, there is dial up, but the lines were laid a good few decades ago and go out when it rains, not to mention a sister constantly on the phone.)

I've tried playing games on it before, and they ranged from completely unplayable (like [removed]) to really horrible but doable as long as you didn't PvP or fight bosses (like [removed]).

I was thinking it might work if I go with a character that is based around straight melee PvM (like a fist BM that I was working on), but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with playing Perfect World over a satellite connection?

(I fully understand the limitations of satellite internet, just wondering if it is indeed workable.)
Post edited by Mohkano - Sanctuary on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My advice is to search gaming forums for sat net info and see what bing.com, google.com or yahoo.com can help you find.

I'm sorry I don't have any info on it myself.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Shawndal - Heavens Tear
    Shawndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Satellite is very do-able. I have been playing on a sat. connection since I started. I do experience lag and disconnects but its the same issues people that use wireless experience.
This discussion has been closed.