Is is /supposed/ to take this long to download?

xonni
xonni Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
*Is it /supposed/ to take this long to download?

First I just was at the PW page (Not PWI) and it took 2 hours to download, Then it asked for a disk. So I tried downloading from a different link. *ping* goes 2 more hours from my day and it asks for a disk also. SO I found PWI and I started downloading it at 8pm. I left my computer on all night, (I slept for 9 hours. Its summer!) and i come back on to find...

55% done

x-x

I am about to strangle something. ANd to make things better, Its only on the first half. Its going to take three days to download! If this game isn't downright awesome I am going to be PO.

So, Is it supposed to take this long to download? This is kinda a rant and a question, So It may be under the wrong topic.

Thanks,
Xonnii
Post edited by xonni on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Are you using the torrent? It took me less than an hour to download the entire thing.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • xonni
    xonni Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I just used the download link from the main PWI page, I have no clue where a torrent is

Edit: I tried to download one, But I cannot open the file.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You need a BitTorrent client like uTorrent or Vuze to open torrent files, and that will start downloading the files. If you have a router you may need to set up port forwarding to get the torrent working properly. If you need this, look for help on how to do it at the BitTorrent client's site.

Also, I'd recommend directly downloading the patch files and doing a manual patch instead of an automatic patch, as the manual downloading and patching is faster.

Keep in mind that the whole thing is about 2.88 GB, so it's going to take a while, especially if you have a slow download connection.
  • Wynthy - Heavens Tear
    Wynthy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    have you played any other games then perfect world, graphics wise. i also clicked the same button u did to downlaod PWI from the site and it took me bout 45 mins(try and make sure u have nothing else running cause if you dont have enough ram that could happen) as in limewire Itunes, a virus scanner or anything else
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Move to Japan or Korea and get faster internet speed b:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What worked well for me (a while back) is downloading the version with 3 or 4 parts, and download them all in parallel.
  • TangTang - Sanctuary
    TangTang - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my download actually took me like 4 hours.
    my internet sucks. b:cry
  • DarkWolfSage - Lost City
    DarkWolfSage - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    mine took 3 hours too
  • device
    device Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Took me ~30 mins.
    My internet = Win, much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It took my home computer(awesome fast internet) 9 hours to fully download the game, at an average of 100k a second. It took my grandparent's failure comp(horrible internet speed, always lag) 1hr30minutes to download it all. I don't know how the failure computer did it, but I was amazed.
  • BeastSM - Sanctuary
    BeastSM - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    it took me 45-50 min couse i downloaded on torrent b:pleased but the update..... i downloaded it manualy b:laugh
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please do not reply to posts that have been dead for 30 days or longer; that is called "necroposting" (or "necro" for short) and is bad. This thread is nearly one year old. :-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)