Crit

Options
AztecDemon - Lost City
AztecDemon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
Hey, im begining to like the crit on a mage and have soem questions about getting more. first, would it be a good idea if for example i have a dex armour requirement of 75. would it be a good idea to take that to 80 for the extra xrit rate. Second At level 89 when you pick Demon/Sage which would be the case for more/better crits. Third, i currently have an xmas blessing, crit arrow and crit rings equipted, is there anyother way of increasing my crit possibility?
Post edited by AztecDemon - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hey, im begining to like the crit on a mage and have soem questions about getting more. first, would it be a good idea if for example i have a dex armour requirement of 75. would it be a good idea to take that to 80 for the extra xrit rate. Second At level 89 when you pick Demon/Sage which would be the case for more/better crits. Third, i currently have an xmas blessing, crit arrow and crit rings equipted, is there anyother way of increasing my crit possibility?

I dont know about wiz's so I won't comment on any of that.

I just wanted to point out even tho crit arrow looks like it gives that extra %. It does not actually apply to your crit rate in game.

Edit: wewt 1,000 posts :D
  • AztecDemon - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How do you know?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How do you know?

It's generally known by the public, I believe it used to work, but I've heard that the Devs fixed it. I'm sure some people who respond to this will say the same. *I honestly hope it works*
  • AztecDemon - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok thanks for the info
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's generally known by the public, I believe it used to work, but I've heard that the Devs fixed it. I'm sure some people who respond to this will say the same. *I honestly hope it works*

i think it works^^
    i still see 2% crit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i think it works^^
    i still see 2% crit

Yea i know the number shows, but we were told that it doesnt actually apply, that being said, I guess it doesnt hurt you if you keep it equiped lol, just dont expect it to count in your battles.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    other ways of getting crit is there a +1 crit necklace get two +2 crit rings, get hh80 wep with +crit, it adds up you can have over 10%. and to have high crit after 90 you would have to be light armor demon for the dex, and the masterys of demon give you crit. BUT on the other hand Sage Bids does give you a high crit chance for 10s.

But imo i would not recommend light armor demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yea i know the number shows, but we were told that it doesnt actually apply, that being said, I guess it doesnt hurt you if you keep it equiped lol, just dont expect it to count in your battles.

So the numbers are all there, but they don't count? ...I'm not sure about this. b:surprised
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So the numbers are all there, but they don't count? ...I'm not sure about this. b:surprised

demon masterys do like +1% crit for earth/water/fire...and ppl thought it was +3% in general skills....is about the same think....crit is confuse
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Are you saying go Light Armor?

Just stick with Arcane armor (full magic) and wear crit rings, Christmas blessing, crit arrow and a crit sword.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are you saying go Light Armor?

Just stick with Arcane armor (full magic) and wear crit rings, Christmas blessing, crit arrow and a crit sword.

The only crit sword at 90 is the innocent thing, with the +evasion, which I find so useless... is there an alternitive for a crit weapon at 90?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Use 90 green glaive.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AztecDemon - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok thanks and would it be worth it to but the +2 crit rings or try to make them with crafting?

Edit: miss tika i was gunna go LA for the defence increase and obviously the crit there too. Pure does have more magic attack but ive heard that the difference in attack isnt worth risking the physical defence
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Buy 'em. Making them would take more money buying mats and attempting to make a 2%.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    made +2 Crit ring on my first batch b:victory

thanks Hip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think I might get a crit arrow, even if it's just a lucky charm. Once you hit 80 stalk the auction house like a crazy person, I managed to get a +2%crit ring for 220k, the other I got for 600k. 410k per ring is a pretty sweet deal, you seem to crit more often than your rate says. Crit is well worth it.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    on Dreamweaver a
    1% crit ring- 200k
    2% crit ring- 2mil or 800k if the person selling them has a brain
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze