Dex-Str-vit

Options
shmloe
shmloe Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
Just started out with this game. I want to focus on a dex build, however I know that there are req. to use armor/weps. I have almost no experience with this game yet as I am only lvl 6, and I am sure I will make a few toons. So far I have noticed that while the majority of the items that are sort of class specific will still req. some amount of STR.

So My questions is even though I will be focusing on a DEX build should I do something like a 3/1/1 per lvl ( 5 points per lvl, right? )

Thx
Fizzz
Post edited by shmloe on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you plan on doing any form of PvP ever, just do 4 dex 1 str.

If you'll be sticking to PvE, though, then the 3/1/1 for a vit build does have its uses... though most would still suggest you go for the pure build.
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Doing a pure dex build (4 dex 1 str) will give you enough str for light armor and enough dex for your weapons, and it will maximize your damage XD

But ultimately it depends on you. Extra health for a less damage? Or max damage for a little less health :P
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Fizzz - Harshlands
    Fizzz - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Kk got it, thanks for the quick replies !

Fizzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
  • Fizzz - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Also, I have read that archers are about the worst for PvE/ Lvling.. While its not that big of a deal to me cuz unlike many I LOVE to grind... turn on some music or pop in a movie and grind away.. However I was wondering if someone can tell me "Accurately" how bad archers are for lvling.

IE: 3 sec per kill for blade vs. 15 sec per kill archer.

Thx
    Fizzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ehh, my archer isn't that high a level sadly :( but so far he grinds pretty well. Usually solo mobs are taken down before they can do too much damage to you because they take a while to get to you :P But to answer your questions.... i think my bm takes out enemies slightly faster than my archer but my archer has the advantage of range, so in the time it takes my bm to run up to the mob my archer already has it at half health. Anyway, i hope i helped XD
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Fizzz - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yea I thought so. I think im hearing things from ppl that hate archers or are mad that they did not roll one.

Thanks ;)
    Fizzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have zero issues leveling my Archer in fact during grind areas of my level I hunt down the sharks which even with Increased Defense or Life bonuses they are long dead before reaching me. b:victory

It may be slightly difficult before 19 when you don't have knockback arrow. Not too hard just a little extra kiting. In case you're unfamiliar of the term it is when you can "walk" a mob around and kill it without it touching you. (Raise Frost Arrow) ^_~
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I never had problems killing mobs. At level 86, I one shot mobs my own level (and im not talking only about weak mobs). All it takes is a sparked crit and the enemy is either dead or 1 shot away from dead. There are some mobs that I can kill just by normal attacking and they never reach me. Soloing mobs with an archer is extreamly fast and easy in the 80's. But even at lower levels, with a half decent strategy you should almost never get hit and kill mobs in an average of 6-7 hits.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Yes. Between Frost Arrow, Knockback arrow, and if necessary Winged Shell, you take very little to no damage per mob. Grinding as an archer is easy. Bosses though... b:surrender