So um Are Archer Really The Best Class?

AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
Hiya guys - i have a little noobie poo level 6 archer and ive heard they are the best pvp class so i decided to create a pvp character as an archer.

Now i have difficulty lveling her cos um at level 6 she had a quest to kill Eldergoth thingies who are level 10 and she was annihilated just killing 1. I had all the correct armour and weapons.

Now did i die because i dont have enough money for the cash shop thing or what. Just wondering, do archers need to rely on the cash shop thing to like LIVE during these quests?
Post edited by AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Just whats the point in leveling her when i cant do the quests?
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    o_O you died because those are mobs 4 levels higher than you XD if you follow all the quests and whatnot you should remain the level of the mobs in the area.

Also, it's always nice to group up with someone. I did that from 9ish to 17 and it made things a lot easier. Clerics are your friends XD

or your slaves >:(
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
    edited August 2009
    ok thank you - yes i had monsters 4 levels higher than me XD
    edited August 2009
    I had a quest where the monsters were 4 levels higher than me XD
    edited August 2009
    ooh sorry for the repeat - pc not being good lol
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ooh sorry for the repeat - pc not being good lol

Triple post is a bad thing. Learn to EDIT your posts.:)

Also there is not quest where you need to kill lvl10 mobs at lvl6, you probably picked wrong mobs as they looks the same.
    I kill things b:victory
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lowbie levels as an archer suck. Being a lowbie archer is a horrible experience I know recently made a second archer so I would be able to expirement with different builds without messing up my pure dex archer. It's at level 15 or so and it still sucks. At level 9 you get frost arrow that helps a bit, and at level 19 you get knockback arrow.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    EvAx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Low level archers don't suck -.-. Just level your quickshot once or twice and that'll prob get you to around level 10 easily at least. Opening with Winged Shell and Take Aim with quest bows will make short work of most monsters.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Low level archers don't suck -.-. Just level your quickshot once or twice and that'll prob get you to around level 10 easily at least. Opening with Winged Shell and Take Aim with quest bows will make short work of most monsters.

Depends completely on how experienced you are among other things.

And compared to other classes, it sucks til you get your FB19 weapon. Take Aim is horrible before you get the supply stash/FB19 weapon and you'll almost always wind up having monsters close in to try beat you to death.

Once you have the trail crossbow (or Moonlight bow if you're lucky/rich) things get MUCH better.
  • ColdWings - Heavens Tear
    ColdWings - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Archer. Are the Best

Barbarian = They're Awsome Too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Strong As Ice-
  • GREEN_GOD - Heavens Tear
    GREEN_GOD - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Archer. Are the Best

Barbarian = They're Awsome Too.

Archers are the best all around.

You have three metal skills to go against BM's and Barbs, one of the two is a metal debuff.

And for squishies if you really feel the need you can Deadly Shot them if not laugh while you hide in a tree shooting them with normal arrows it'll be funny watching them run in circles trying to see what's attacking them.

1-19 shouldn't be horrible I went from 1-14 in a couple hours then 14-25 the next day 25-33 day after 33 - 40 sundayish then 40 - 52 since the start of the week.
  • Tup - Harshlands
    Tup - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your not meant to fit an archer then.
  • Neelkant - Heavens Tear
    Neelkant - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    personally
    i had a huge problem at the low levels following pire dex builds
    cuz at the low levels archers sux
    u can do anythin about it
    so i jus added 10 vit points
    believe it or not it actually helps get passed a few bosses
    buh now... the story has changed... now jus like any other archer with a build like mines.
    .. i do a lot of damage
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Im gonna be straight up wit ya..... we kinda suck... really we do..

at end lvls we require a **** load of refining to stack up to the classes ur lvl and I think heres the reason..
    The good points:
    1 really high damage
    2 high crit.. which is the cause of our high damage
    3 skills which can halt/stop the approach of opponets for a set time, as well as metal skills

The bad points:
    1 medicore (**** spell check) def.
    2 no SELF-heal ( if u count that chi addict genie skill a "self" heal then GTFO
    3 our damage sux roxs at close range (lol we fcked if we get jumped usally)
    4 our hp is a joke... unless ur have heavy refines
    5 we take a sht load of refines to compete with someone our lvl at end game

so ya... we aint nothing to write home about we just have ....... crits... so we are NOT the best class, in fact NO class is the best..it all depends on how much money you have ... lol kinda like The U.S.A .. i shuld know i live there. so in the words or a great man.... FLAME ON!!b:angry
    b:surrender
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    we suck endgame. period.
    without high refines or good eq, b:cryb:surrender
    once you get 8jun or cv and 99 gold, might be a little different, but who plays that long or cashshops that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • kaka3hi
    kaka3hi Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just wondering if a lvl 90 archer could kill a lvl 90 BMs / Barbarian(with charms)?
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Pretty much what Bludshot said. Archer has worst survivability in game. No pet, no heal, craptastic shield, light armor has lowest overall defenses. Evasion was saving us a little for a bit, but now its not hard to hit us with cheap acc rings.

Archer is really a pk class. It shines on pk server with range, speed, surprise, crowd control, and spike damage. On a pve server, duels, 1vs1 its not as easy to see archer strength because of us needing high refinement to survive. If people know you are coming its not impossible to tank our damage, and once thats over the other classes have the advantage.

With that said, I will say archer is my favorite class to play. It's really a bit of a Fighter/Mage. It can do a bit of everything. Great physical damage, decent magical damage, evasion, crit, crowd control. Take Aim is a really fun spell to me, I like the fact it's a charge spell. Barrage is my favorite AOE in game, it's really fun to use. Stun arrow, Aim Low, Sharptooth are very handy spells. Crits are a blast. So, to me, Archer is the best class to have fun with.
  • InstinctvVv - Heavens Tear
    InstinctvVv - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Are they good to have as a main though? Im not really interested in PvP should i just stick with my BM or level up my archer x_x I want a class that can support any other character i choose to make =\
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Are they good to have as a main though? Im not really interested in PvP should i just stick with my BM or level up my archer x_x I want a class that can support any other character i choose to make =\

If you aren't interested in pvp I would say don't go archer. Unless archer's are just your thing(I like archers).

If you want a class that can support others then you need to make a veno.
  • InstinctvVv - Heavens Tear
    InstinctvVv - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If You Want A Class That Can Support Others Then You Need To Make A Veno.
    Yeah...I like them too, wasnt really too interested in making a veno...I guess i should try it out since everyone says they make the most money =\
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hiya guys - i have a little noobie poo level 6 archer and ive heard they are the best pvp class so i decided to create a pvp character as an archer.

Now i have difficulty lveling her cos um at level 6 she had a quest to kill Eldergoth thingies who are level 10 and she was annihilated just killing 1. I had all the correct armour and weapons.

Now did i die because i dont have enough money for the cash shop thing or what. Just wondering, do archers need to rely on the cash shop thing to like LIVE during these quests?

Archers are not the best class in pvp, thats something lvl 60 nub pkers keep telling everyone. And they actually believe it themselves since archers are strong in pvp at like 60-70, than other classes catch up and kinda bypass them. God knows i use to be able to like 2 shoot barbs at lvl 60 lol. Now i have problem even ticking the charm of a lvl 100 barb in 99 set b:cry

Archers really don't get amazingly strong unless the account owner is rich and can get like military rank 8, rank 6 or (last resort) CV bow and +12 it.

Other than that its a pretty mediocre class at 80-9X+ compared to venos/barbs. If you have normal refines like +4+6 you really suck in pvp, even if you're skilled as a player. Wont do enough dmg to kill 9X BM/barbs, cant kill other archers since its just a big evasion party and gets **** by venos. 9X archers really only pwn when they backstab wizards and clerics or gank low lvls.

Most 9x archers hits my 9X veno for like 600-700 dmg at most, about same dmg as my nix pecks them <.< So i suggest keep lvling your veno instead.