Patcher.exe Troubleshooting

Options
tabam
tabam Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
Okay so I try to launch PW but it says it can't find patcher.exe. Can someone help me please. I tried to manually search it but it couldn't find anything. I don't want to have to download the game all over again. Could someone please give me a download for patcher.exe. I need help of any kind.b:shocked
Post edited by tabam on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It sounds like you got a corruption midtransmission. uTorrent (or other robust torrent clients) will be able to deal with that problem. It's usually minor, and Ryuuzaki has a good guide on the matter, and his Alternative Method for Corrupt Files using Direct Download (with a quick tweak for the changes to the installer) may be able to save you a remarkable amount of time :
    If you used the Direct Download method, rename the zip file you already downloaded to "Perfect World International.exe" (i.e. remove the underscores). [ From the My Documents/Downloads folder ]

Download a bit torrent program, such as uTorrent.
    Download the torrent controller and open it with your torrent program.

You should then be asked where you want to save the file. Browse to the directory where the original Perfect World International.exe file is located, and click OK. The torrent program should then start checking the integrity of the file and correct any corrupted files. You can also right-click on the file in the download area, and select Force Re-check to make extra sure.
    kammie has an alternative guide if the above is confusing.
    1. download the torrent
    2. double click it, or just open it with utorrent
    3. LET IT DOWNLOAD FOR LIKE 1 MB ---> this way, utorrent generates the entire file
    4. now close utorrent and the download
    5. copy your corrupted zip file that you have downloaded before to the folder that utorrent created and overwrite that file
    6. open utorrent but do NOT start the download, instead rehash it by right clicking and selecting 'forece recheck' (or something like this, currently do not have bittorrent client installed)
    7. after awhile (about 3 minutes if u have a fast computer) it should say u have near 100% download
    8. continue download
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tabam
    tabam Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry but both of those guides are confusing to me. The popup says Windows is searching for patcher.exe. Find it manually? I never use Torrents. And lastly I need a Windows Vista download.
  • lower
    lower Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    did u played the game before or u just install it if your answer is a) then check out you trash coz u may deleted patcher.exe. if answer is b) then ur intaller is corrupt the answer above is best solution. try it out
This discussion has been closed.