Rebirth gamma questions as wiz

Options
DisiriSkaii - Sanctuary
DisiriSkaii - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Wizard
Im la atm, how much def and hp do i need to do rb gamma? And what lvl do they usually let a wiz join in gamma.
Post edited by DisiriSkaii - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    depends on the squad u have. I completed my first RB with 3.7K HP buffed and 5k Pdef full buffed. I was the only DD, 2 BM squad. Easy like a breeze, cause the BMs just alternate alpha males and I got basically no aggro with few exceptions.
    Be sure u have a stack of Jiaozi and pink potions( dunno the name). Trick with those is that the cooldown is not in the same time, so u can stack them. Manufacture or buy some Dew of God protection potions, those will be invaluable during double wave.
    Before the double wave hits u ( ask your squad when that is) pop a Protection orb, that will help u immensely. Have normal HP pots with you ( about 50 at least) and pop them constantly to have hp regen if u see you're in trouble.
    For "OH SH*T!!" moments Tree of Protection on the genie is a must, Windshield helps a lot too, especially during Double wave.
    If u are LA you might get a better HP and Pdef, but pro squads will look for either a Robe wizz (for the increased dmg, with all auras up I had over 8k - 9k magic dmg) or a second archer before they look for a LA. LA works if u go in random teams u pick up from World Chat.
    I dunno if I missed something, but I'll come back and edit if the case.
    Other than that, Good luck!! ... you're gonna need it :)

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From personal experience.

HP: 2800+ unbuffed

PDef: 1700+ unbuffed
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From personal experience.

HP: 2800+ unbuffed

PDef: 1700+ unbuffed

yeah, so another confirmation.
    2800 HP unbuffed with take you to 3700 buffed
    1700 pdef unbuffed = ~2.8 Pdef bufed, 3.8k with cleric buff and 4.8k with BM.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Beyond that it's up to genie usage/pot usage and the other members whether you succeed or not.

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    having a good/experienced barb and BM is almost a must.
    Veno has to have a herc or just forget about it, better get a second BM.
    I've seen many venos complaining about not getting into RB squads.
    Well , first , most of them don't invest in gear/wpn cause they have leg pets. And this is the fatal mistake for RB. Veno is the fastest beans gatherer, and has a lot of work to do in later stages of the RB like getting the aggro of bramble mobs and posion mobs on the herc. No matte how much HP DDs have, if they get ticked for 1k+ HP on stacked posion that will be a 100% wipe/fail.

But I'm going off topic with this now so I'll just stopb:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, most GV squads look for LA mages because they are able to tank more damage without getting wiped: I've been told vit mage can do it as well but there are no high level vit mages I know of to confirm this.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well, that's the thing, if the BM/Barb don't do a good job, the DD will have to tank dmg. At that point, LA or Robe, a wizz won't be able to take to much. Being a LA wiz will not save a squad from wipe, will just postpone the wipe for another 4 seconds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Saintblu and stealthninja both arcane, vit hybrids completed it just as easy as an LA wiz.

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well, that's the thing, if the BM/Barb don't do a good job, the DD will have to tank dmg. At that point, LA or Robe, a wizz won't be able to take to much. Being a LA wiz will not save a squad from wipe, will just postpone the wipe for another 4 seconds.

lol

my standards for RB wiz are 1.8k pdef unbuff so 3k self buff, and 3.25k hp so u have 4k buffed, then u will finish whenever u get a half decent barb

look for 3* equip with hp and pdef bonuses cuz TT is not worth getting. shard your equip with average or higher cit shards, or refine ur armor if you are still short, wear 2 pdef ornaments and + them alot for wep all you need is a NORMAL TT80 (DO NOT SHARD OR REFINE) or a decent TT70, sharded/refined to at lease +3 no more than +6
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    depends on the squad u have. I completed my first RB with 3.7K HP buffed and 5k Pdef full buffed. I was the only DD, 2 BM squad. Easy like a breeze, cause the BMs just alternate alpha males and I got basically no aggro with few exceptions.
    Be sure u have a stack of Jiaozi and pink potions( dunno the name). Trick with those is that the cooldown is not in the same time, so u can stack them. Manufacture or buy some Dew of God protection potions, those will be invaluable during double wave.
    Before the double wave hits u ( ask your squad when that is) pop a Protection orb, that will help u immensely. Have normal HP pots with you ( about 50 at least) and pop them constantly to have hp regen if u see you're in trouble.
    For "OH SH*T!!" moments Tree of Protection on the genie is a must, Windshield helps a lot too, especially during Double wave.
    If u are LA you might get a better HP and Pdef, but pro squads will look for either a Robe wizz (for the increased dmg, with all auras up I had over 8k - 9k magic dmg) or a second archer before they look for a LA. LA works if u go in random teams u pick up from World Chat.
    I dunno if I missed something, but I'll come back and edit if the case.
    Other than that, Good luck!! ... you're gonna need it :)
    i get rebirth squads easy
    in my faction and im constantly asked to rebirth
    with max atk aura i have 8k ish mag atk
    having a good/experienced barb and BM is almost a must.
    Veno has to have a herc or just forget about it, better get a second BM.
    I've seen many venos complaining about not getting into RB squads.
    Well , first , most of them don't invest in gear/wpn cause they have leg pets. And this is the fatal mistake for RB. Veno is the fastest beans gatherer, and has a lot of work to do in later stages of the RB like getting the aggro of bramble mobs and posion mobs on the herc. No matte how much HP DDs have, if they get ticked for 1k+ HP on stacked posion that will be a 100% wipe/fail.

But I'm going off topic with this now so I'll just stopb:chuckle

veno does not have to have a herc
    i completed rebirth with venos that had:
    armor bears
    kowlins
    magmites
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yeah, u get squads so easy that u need to spam the WC to fill it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    yeah, u get squads so easy that u need to spam the WC to fill it.

hey shortage of barbs on the server b:bye
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It all depends on the barb, and to a lesser extent, bm. With an exp barb that keeps almost all aggro, a pure int robe wiz can just kill a lot faster, and make run easier for the whole team without dying. With a bad barb, you're screwed no matter what.

And venos don't need to have herc, they just make bean gathering faster. Hercs are useless in the main battle area, where it's all about aoe anyway. Also, myriad rainbow can be a double edged sword. Mind break(reduce mdef to zero) is one of 4 random ailment, which means you'll do double to triple damage to those mobs, and they're liable to aggro on you. Not good news for pure int or low lvl wiz. Ask the veno to not use it if your charm ticks too often. Better take it slow and safe.

Btw, you're constantly asked for rebirth when you're wiz or barb. Venos and clerics get no love.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It all depends on the barb, and to a lesser extent, bm. With an exp barb that keeps almost all aggro, a pure int robe wiz can just kill a lot faster, and make run easier for the whole team without dying. With a bad barb, you're screwed no matter what.

And venos don't need to have herc, they just make bean gathering faster. Hercs are useless in the main battle area, where it's all about aoe anyway. Also, myriad rainbow can be a double edged sword. Mind break(reduce mdef to zero) is one of 4 random ailment, which means you'll do double to triple damage to those mobs, and they're liable to aggro on you. Not good news for pure int or low lvl wiz. Ask the veno to not use it if your charm ticks too often. Better take it slow and safe.

Btw, you're constantly asked for rebirth when you're wiz or barb. Venos and clerics get no love.

i always take a veno on my rebirth run =^.^=
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i always take a veno on my rebirth run =^.^=

There are 10 venos for every barb here. They must be breeding among themselves somewhere, too many of those things around...b:embarrass

I blame all the talk about venos being op. Every noob and their mother has an alt veno.b:sweat
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There are 10 venos for every barb here. They must be breeding among themselves somewhere, too many of those things around...b:embarrass

I blame all the talk about venos being op. Every noob and their mother has an alt veno.b:sweat

on dreamweaver there is 30 venos for every barb b:sweat
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    on dreamweaver there is 30 venos for every barb b:sweat

and 10 barbs for every wiz b:chuckle

at last on my lvling story....b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The two skills that annoyed me during RB,

Myriad Rainbow(Burned out ma eyeballs)

Tangling Mire(LAAAAAAG)

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The two skills that annoyed me during RB,

Myriad Rainbow(Burned out ma eyeballs)

Tangling Mire(LAAAAAAG)

^^~this~^^
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I usually go up to the drummer-like boss (4th quest i think). I could never finish the 5th quest because a squad member always gets killed and goes to 1000 streams. annoying bug.

well... i have 2.4k hp and 1500 phys def with no buffs or earth shield but i didn't even need that much for these quests. the problem IS the squad you go with! with good barb/bm to gather, stun and hold aggro and a cleric with bb you barely take any hit. my hp charm doesn't even tick until the metal aoe boss. the boss mounted on a ball can be tanked by wiz easily. i prefer to have chi as first buff and then mana. clerics also seem to prefer these 2 as first buffs.

make sure to repair ALL your items before you go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I usually go up to the drummer-like boss (4th quest i think). I could never finish the 5th quest because a squad member always gets killed and goes to 1000 streams. annoying bug.

well... i have 2.4k hp and 1500 phys def with no buffs or earth shield but i didn't even need that much for these quests. the problem IS the squad you go with! with good barb/bm to gather, stun and hold aggro and a cleric with bb you barely take any hit. my hp charm doesn't even tick until the metal aoe boss. the boss mounted on a ball can be tanked by wiz easily. i prefer to have chi as first buff and then mana. clerics also seem to prefer these 2 as first buffs.

make sure to repair ALL your items before you go!

Lol, thats why you never finish. 99.99999% my squad gets mana aura first. Then try to get max hp/def for double wave and enough attack/chi to take DW down fast. Then chi and mp last.

And to the OP, it also depends on your archer/barb. If they higher level he will keep aggro off you, meaning less damage taken.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.